Make it harder to press gas pedal

Old August 26th 13, 06:26 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Bill Vanek

Default Make it harder to press gas pedal

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 17:26:27 -0500, "T0m $herman"
> wrote:

>On 8/25/2013 5:15 PM, Bill Vanek wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 17:01:06 -0500, "T0m $herman"
>> > wrote:

>>> That is hardly the level of fine control that one can achieve while
>>> trail-braking into a corner on a motorcycle, where it is needed to
>>> control the pitch of the bike to maintain optimal traction and preserve
>>> ground clearance. Freddie Spencer basically won his world championships
>>> by having finer throttle and brake control than anyone else, so it is
>>> not a trivial consideration.

>> But why do you think it's harder in a car, or at least one that's
>> configured properly for heel/toe? Both take lots and lots of practice
>> to do well.
>>

>Can you do precise throttle and brake control simultaneously in a car?
>Crude compared to the level one can achieve on a motorcycle.

Maybe I just suck at both, but I don't see much difference. I've also
never spent much time in any car with the same twitchy throttle
response as a fast bike - especially one with the usual Kawi on/off
throttle response.