rear engine versus mid engine?

Old July 20th 13, 03:07 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default rear engine versus mid engine?

What is the demarcation between rear engine and mid engine cars?
I presume a rear engine is when the center of gravity of the engine
is behind the rear axle.
Old August 29th 13, 01:24 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:07:58 AM UTC+3, wrote:
> What is the demarcation between rear engine and mid engine cars?
>
> I presume a rear engine is when the center of gravity of the engine
>
> is behind the rear axle.

I wonder if anyone ever made a mid engine 4-5 seater.
Production or not.
Old August 29th 13, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:24:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:
> On Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:07:58 AM UTC+3, wrote:
>
> > What is the demarcation between rear engine and mid engine cars?

> > I presume a rear engine is when the center of gravity of the engine

> > is behind the rear axle.

> I wonder if anyone ever made a mid engine 4-5 seater.
>
> Production or not.

where would the people in the back sit on either side of the motor?
Old August 29th 13, 03:53 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
jim beam[_4_]

On 08/29/2013 07:22 AM, m6onz5a wrote:
> On Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:24:52 AM UTC-4, wrote:
>> On Saturday, July 20, 2013 5:07:58 AM UTC+3, wrote:
>>
>>> What is the demarcation between rear engine and mid engine cars?

>>> I presume a rear engine is when the center of gravity of the engine

>>> is behind the rear axle.

>> I wonder if anyone ever made a mid engine 4-5 seater.
>>
>> Production or not.

> where would the people in the back sit on either side of the motor?

whether you'd /want/ to be a passenger is the more important question...

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUwgyUYneFk>

--
fact check required