Audi A6 CD player errors

Old April 20th 11, 10:41 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

Default Audi A6 CD player errors

On Apr 19, 10:53*am, Mark >
wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:35:22 -0700, Steve Daniels >
> wrote:
>

> >On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:02:50 +0100, against all advice, something
> >compelled Mark >, to say:

> >> * * On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:56:35 -0700, Steve Daniels >
> >> * * wrote:

> >> * * >On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:09:59 +0100, against all advice, something
> >> * * >compelled Mark >, to say:

> >> * * >> * * My Audi A6 is quite old now and the CD player is playing up more and
> >> * * >> * * more. *We often get ERR1 and ERR3 displayed on the player in the car
> >> * * >> * * and one or all CDs will not play.

> >> * * >It's probably dirty. *Get a drive cleaner (CD with a little brush
> >> * * >on it) and run that through. *It worked on my TT.

> >> * * That is a possibility. *However the problem affects only some of the
> >> * * CD's in the cartridge (slots1-3) so I had assumed it was not a lazer
> >> * * problem.

> >Your stated difficulty is exactly what I experienced. *I'm fixed
> >now.

> Thanks. *I'll give it a go.
>
> >Oh, and the Interweb notes that home burned CDs sometimes don't
> >work in the system. *You might look into that.

> They are all commerical CDs.
> --

Why would you want to subject the originals to the rigors of car use
is totally beyond me.
Dup them to a CD-Rs, once CD-Rs go sour from in car use ditch them and
make another copy.
Lather rinse repeat.
Old April 21st 11, 09:20 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jon B

AD > wrote:

> On Apr 19, 10:53 am, Mark >
> wrote:
> > On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:35:22 -0700, Steve Daniels >
> > wrote:
> >

> > >On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:02:50 +0100, against all advice, something
> > >compelled Mark >, to say:

> > >Your stated difficulty is exactly what I experienced. I'm fixed now.

> > Thanks. I'll give it a go.
> >
> > >Oh, and the Interweb notes that home burned CDs sometimes don't
> > >work in the system. You might look into that.

> > They are all commerical CDs.
> > --

> Why would you want to subject the originals to the rigors of car use
> is totally beyond me.
> Dup them to a CD-Rs, once CD-Rs go sour from in car use ditch them and
> make another copy.
> Lather rinse repeat.

Indeed, not just for scratch risk but theft cost of replacing them too
[1]. I now replace any original stereo use one that'll play off an 8GB
USB stick. Several hundred tracks, no scratching, and if they nick my
USB stick I've lost £10.

It also keeps me a lot more legal as it also connects to my phone via BT
for handsfree calling too.

[1] And some are irreplaceable.
--
Jon B
Above email address IS valid.
Old April 21st 11, 11:55 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mark[_35_]

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:20:59 +0100, (Jon B)
wrote:

>AD > wrote:
>
>> On Apr 19, 10:53 am, Mark >
>> wrote:

>> > Thanks. I'll give it a go.

>> > They are all commerical CDs.
>> > --

>> Why would you want to subject the originals to the rigors of car use
>> is totally beyond me.
>> Dup them to a CD-Rs, once CD-Rs go sour from in car use ditch them and
>> make another copy.
>> Lather rinse repeat.

>Indeed, not just for scratch risk but theft cost of replacing them too
>[1]. I now replace any original stereo use one that'll play off an 8GB
>USB stick. Several hundred tracks, no scratching, and if they nick my
>USB stick I've lost £10.
>
>It also keeps me a lot more legal as it also connects to my phone via BT
>for handsfree calling too.

In the UK it is illegal to rip CDs and copy to a USB stick, MP3 player
or make a CDR copy.
--
(\__/) M.

Old April 21st 11, 02:29 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Jon B

Mark > wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:20:59 +0100, (Jon B)
> wrote:
>
> >AD > wrote:

> >> Why would you want to subject the originals to the rigors of car use
> >> is totally beyond me.
> >> Dup them to a CD-Rs, once CD-Rs go sour from in car use ditch them and
> >> make another copy.
> >> Lather rinse repeat.

> >Indeed, not just for scratch risk but theft cost of replacing them too
> >[1]. I now replace any original stereo use one that'll play off an 8GB
> >USB stick. Several hundred tracks, no scratching, and if they nick my
> >USB stick I've lost £10.
> >
> >It also keeps me a lot more legal as it also connects to my phone via BT
> >for handsfree calling too.

> In the UK it is illegal to rip CDs and copy to a USB stick, MP3 player
> or make a CDR copy.

Likewise most of the world, but I doubt the record companies are going
to come chasing down for that just yet...
Old April 21st 11, 03:38 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mark[_35_]

On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 14:29:51 +0100, (Jon B)
wrote:

>Mark > wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 09:20:59 +0100,
(Jon B)
>> wrote:

>> >Indeed, not just for scratch risk but theft cost of replacing them too
>> >[1]. I now replace any original stereo use one that'll play off an 8GB
>> >USB stick. Several hundred tracks, no scratching, and if they nick my
>> >USB stick I've lost £10.
>> >
>> >It also keeps me a lot more legal as it also connects to my phone via BT
>> >for handsfree calling too.

>> In the UK it is illegal to rip CDs and copy to a USB stick, MP3 player
>> or make a CDR copy.

>Likewise most of the world, but I doubt the record companies are going
>to come chasing down for that just yet...

I'm sure they would if they could.

I understand some countries have "fair use" exceptions which allow
people to make backup copies.
--
(\__/) M.

Old May 7th 11, 11:50 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mark[_38_]

wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Apr 2011 09:02:50 +0100, against all advice, something
>compelled Mark >, to say:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 17:56:35 -0700, Steve Daniels >
>> wrote:
>>
>> >On Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:09:59 +0100, against all advice, something
>> >compelled Mark >, to say:

>> >It's probably dirty. Get a drive cleaner (CD with a little brush
>> >on it) and run that through. It worked on my TT.

>> That is a possibility. However the problem affects only some of the
>> CD's in the cartridge (slots1-3) so I had assumed it was not a lazer
>> problem.

>Your stated difficulty is exactly what I experienced. I'm fixed
>now.
>
>Oh, and the Interweb notes that home burned CDs sometimes don't
>work in the system. You might look into that.

I tried the drive cleaner. It has not made any noticeable difference.
Even a brand new CD is jamming (ERR3) today.

Old May 7th 11, 11:31 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Steve Daniels

On Sat, 07 May 2011 11:50:53 +0100, against all advice, something
compelled Mark >, to say:

> I tried the drive cleaner. It has not made any noticeable difference.
> Even a brand new CD is jamming (ERR3) today.

http://www.audi-forums.com/c5-forum/...3-problem.html

That's all I know. Wishing you good luck.

Old May 8th 11, 02:46 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
Mark[_38_]

On Sat, 07 May 2011 15:31:56 -0700, Steve Daniels >
wrote:

>On Sat, 07 May 2011 11:50:53 +0100, against all advice, something
>compelled Mark >, to say:
>
>> I tried the drive cleaner. It has not made any noticeable difference.
>> Even a brand new CD is jamming (ERR3) today.

>http://www.audi-forums.com/c5-forum/...3-problem.html
>

>That's all I know. Wishing you good luck.

Thanks for the help. unfortunately this does not work.