Audi body design errors

Old February 18th 11, 10:23 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

Default Audi body design errors

Dear folks,

yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.

Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
and A6 cars.

They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
in and out of the car.

I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.

Bests

LHR
Old February 18th 11, 06:18 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
AD[_2_]

On Feb 18, 1:23*am, laurentien > wrote:
> Dear folks,
>
> yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
> dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.
>
> Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
> it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
> are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
> and A6 cars.
>
> They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
> this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
> on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
> even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
> in and out of the car.
>
> I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
> roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.

I do not believe these two are designed with your stated purpose in
mind.
What prevents you from going the A6 or A8 route?
Old February 22nd 11, 10:33 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2011-02-18 04:23:25 -0500, laurentien > said:

> Dear folks,
>
> yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
> dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.
>
> Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
> it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
> are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
> and A6 cars.
>
> They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
> this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
> on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
> even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
> in and out of the car.
>
> I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
> roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.
>
> Bests
>
> LHR

They were designed as coupes (even though the A7 is a four door). Look
at MB's E-class coupe and the CLS four-door coupe. They weren't
designed to carry people for back seat passengers on long trips. There
is no "design errors".

Dave
RS6

Old February 23rd 11, 05:51 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
Kevin McMurtrie[_3_]

In article <2011022216334116807-davplac@aolcom>,
D. LaCourse > wrote:

> On 2011-02-18 04:23:25 -0500, laurentien > said:
>
> > Dear folks,
> >
> > yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
> > dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.
> >
> > Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
> > it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
> > are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
> > and A6 cars.
> >
> > They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
> > this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
> > on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
> > even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
> > in and out of the car.
> >
> > I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
> > roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.
> >
> > Bests
> >
> > LHR

> They were designed as coupes (even though the A7 is a four door). Look
> at MB's E-class coupe and the CLS four-door coupe. They weren't
> designed to carry people for back seat passengers on long trips. There
> is no "design errors".
>
> Dave
> RS6

Thanks to SUVs, small cars need to be reinforced much higher up than
they used to. Compare the doors and roof of a 1980 car to a 2010 car.
Manufacturers are lowering the floor and roof to partially compensate
for the handling and gas milage losses caused by all that metal.
--
I will not see posts from Google or e-mails from Yahoo because I must
filter them as spam
Old February 23rd 11, 12:43 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Feb 22, 4:33*pm, D. LaCourse > wrote:
> On 2011-02-18 04:23:25 -0500, laurentien > said:
>

> > Dear folks,

> > yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
> > dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.

> > Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
> > it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
> > are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
> > and A6 cars.

> > They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
> > this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
> > on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
> > even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
> > in and out of the car.

> > I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
> > roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.

> > Bests

> > LHR

> They were designed as coupes (even though the A7 is a four door). *Look
> at MB's E-class coupe and the CLS four-door coupe. *They weren't *
> designed to carry people for back seat passengers on long trips. *There
> is no "design errors".
>
> Dave
> RS6

I have to disagree there.

I am sorry to say that I do not necessarily consider these MB cars
very well designed.

I know a lot of coupes out there made to carry tall people in the
back,
remember the Audi Coupe ?

It could fit two large adults in excellent seats at the back.
Peugeot has its 406 and 407 coupes able to carry people in the back,
otherwise, they should call these car 2+2.

Then, I like to buy five door versions of cars being more practical
and having a nice shape,
like the Citroen C5 for example. But they have to be able to fit four
tall adults.

LHR
Old February 23rd 11, 12:47 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
laurentien

On Feb 18, 12:18*pm, AD > wrote:
> On Feb 18, 1:23*am, laurentien > wrote:
>
> > Dear folks,

> > yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
> > dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.

> > Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
> > it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
> > are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
> > and A6 cars.

> > They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
> > this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
> > on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
> > even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
> > in and out of the car.

> > I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
> > roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.

> I do not believe these two are designed with your stated purpose in
> mind.
> What prevents you from going the A6 or A8 route?

Question of preference and as a client my choice is important.
I am considering the A6 but I find the hatchback more convenient.
I do prefer the A5 five door designs as long as they can fit adults in
all four main seats.
Remember the Saab 9000, much more practical then its sister car the
Lancia Thema.

I may settle for the Citroen C5 next time.

LHR
Old February 23rd 11, 04:49 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2011-02-22 23:51:53 -0500, Kevin McMurtrie > said:

> In article <2011022216334116807-davplac@aolcom>,
> D. LaCourse > wrote:
>
>> On 2011-02-18 04:23:25 -0500, laurentien > said:
>>
>>> Dear folks,
>>>
>>> yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
>>> dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.
>>>
>>> Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
>>> it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
>>> are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
>>> and A6 cars.
>>>
>>> They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
>>> this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
>>> on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
>>> even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
>>> in and out of the car.
>>>
>>> I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
>>> roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.
>>>
>>> Bests
>>>
>>> LHR

>> They were designed as coupes (even though the A7 is a four door). Look
>> at MB's E-class coupe and the CLS four-door coupe. They weren't
>> designed to carry people for back seat passengers on long trips. There
>> is no "design errors".
>>
>> Dave
>> RS6

> Thanks to SUVs, small cars need to be reinforced much higher up than
> they used to. Compare the doors and roof of a 1980 car to a 2010 car.
> Manufacturers are lowering the floor and roof to partially compensate
> for the handling and gas milage losses caused by all that metal.

And my 57 Buick can beat your 1980 whatchamacallit. Cars are safer
today than they were in 1980. The Audis in question were *designed* as
coupes. If you don't want a coupe, don't buy one. Simple, really.

Dave
RS6

Old February 23rd 11, 04:51 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

On 2011-02-23 06:43:18 -0500, laurentien > said:

> On Feb 22, 4:33*pm, D. LaCourse > wrote:
>> On 2011-02-18 04:23:25 -0500, laurentien > said:
>>

>>> Dear folks,

>>> yesterday I took my very reliable Audi 80 for some service at the Audi
>>> dealer an did try the A5 and A7 five door cars.

>>> Altough these cars look very nice and the interior trim is as good as
>>> it gets with even an ergonomic control panel (at last), those two cars
>>> are now plagued by body design errors which you do not find on the A4
>>> and A6 cars.

>>> They have increased the roof curve to make it look even sleeker and
>>> this results in the problem that a tall man (like myself) cannot sit
>>> on the back seats. Worst, the design have made the back door window
>>> even more slanted towards the front making it very difficult to climb
>>> in and out of the car.

>>> I would strongly suggest to Audi that they do redesign their A5 and A7
>>> roof line in order for tall adults to sit in the back.

>>> Bests

>>> LHR

>> They were designed as coupes (even though the A7 is a four door). *Look
>> at MB's E-class coupe and the CLS four-door coupe. *They weren't *
>> designed to carry people for back seat passengers on long trips. *There
>> is no "design errors".
>>
>> Dave
>> RS6

> I have to disagree there.
>
> I am sorry to say that I do not necessarily consider these MB cars
> very well designed.
>
> I know a lot of coupes out there made to carry tall people in the
> back,
> remember the Audi Coupe ?
>
> It could fit two large adults in excellent seats at the back.
> Peugeot has its 406 and 407 coupes able to carry people in the back,
> otherwise, they should call these car 2+2.
>
> Then, I like to buy five door versions of cars being more practical
> and having a nice shape,
> like the Citroen C5 for example. But they have to be able to fit four
> tall adults.
>
> LHR

That is why we have chocolate and vanilla. Simple. But, there is no
design flaws in the cars. They were *meant* to be that way and were
*not* designed to satisfy Citroen C5 afficionados. A coupe is a coupe.
A sedan is a sedan. PERIOD!

Dave
RS6

Old February 23rd 11, 04:59 PM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

You may not consider MB coupes (2 and 4 door) very well designed, but
they have collected accolade after accolade throughout the years. The
MB CL is one of the most coveted cars in the world. The CLS is
absolutely beautiful. And, the E-Class coupe without the B pillar
makes it what used to be called a "two door hard top" back in the 50s
and 60s. The design is timeless. Who shives a git if the two folks in
the backseat don't have enough room?

Dave
RS6

Old February 24th 11, 01:33 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
D. LaCourse

BTW, look at the Bentley Continental GT and the Brooklands and tell me
those are "design errors."

Dave