Auto Exects say Car of the Future wont be cheap

Old December 6th 10, 03:51 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default Auto Exects say Car of the Future wont be cheap

http://www.dailyjobcuts.com

Prices of gasoline is up too.
cuhulin

Old December 6th 10, 04:57 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

On Dec 6, 10:51*am, wrote:
> http://www.dailyjobcuts.com
>
> Prices of gasoline is up too.
> cuhulin

Yep, the prices keep going up for cars.. Never seen them come down.
Except if you bought something from India or China.
Old December 6th 10, 05:21 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Dec 6, 10:51*am, wrote:
> http://www.dailyjobcuts.com
>
> Prices of gasoline is up too.
> cuhulin

My first new car was purchased in 1968. In the subsequent 42 years I
always found that the car of the future was priced more than the car
of the past.
Old December 6th 10, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

But, adjusted for inflation, how much money would a new 1914 Ford Model
T car cost today?
A U.S.Dollar in 1900 would buy a lot more than it does today.
cuhulin

Old December 6th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Portnoy

> wrote in message
> But, adjusted for inflation, how much money would a new 1914 Ford Model
> T car cost today?
> A U.S.Dollar in 1900 would buy a lot more than it does today.
> cuhulin

Depends on what you want. A Tata Nano of today
is a far superior vehicle in every respect compared
to the Model T and is also relatively less expensive.

The fortunate good news is that the those so called
"experts" are also wrong as such experts commonly
are, with the exception that in addition to cheaper cars,
there will also simultaneously be more expensive cars.

Old December 6th 10, 07:30 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
John S.

On Dec 6, 12:33*pm, wrote:
> But, adjusted for inflation, how much money would a new 1914 Ford Model
> T car cost today?
> A U.S.Dollar in 1900 would buy a lot more than it does today.
> cuhulin

The inflation adjusted price of a Model T today means nothing because
there is not a comparably unequipped car to compare it to. However,
if we inflation adjust the $550 1914 Model T to 2010 prices we have a
price of roughly $12,000. That is for a car with little more than
seats, doors, a 2 speed transmission, and a single transmission drum
brake. We have thankfully progressed.
Old December 6th 10, 07:41 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

John S. > wrote:
>On Dec 6, 12:33=A0pm, wrote:
>> But, adjusted for inflation, how much money would a new 1914 Ford Model
>> T car cost today?
>> A U.S.Dollar in 1900 would buy a lot more than it does today.
>> cuhulin

>The inflation adjusted price of a Model T today means nothing because
>there is not a comparably unequipped car to compare it to. However,
>if we inflation adjust the $550 1914 Model T to 2010 prices we have a
>price of roughly $12,000. That is for a car with little more than
>seats, doors, a 2 speed transmission, and a single transmission drum
>brake. We have thankfully progressed.

The thing is... there's more of a difference between the Model T and the
Model A, than between the Model A and the current model Ford Focus.

There's been a lot of progression, but the progression has slowed.
--scott
Old December 6th 10, 08:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Henry Ford put the World on wheels.He also put the Nation on wings.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...ples-car/67435
cuhulin

Old December 6th 10, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Brent[_4_]

On 2010-12-06, John S. > wrote:
> On Dec 6, 12:33*pm, wrote:
>> But, adjusted for inflation, how much money would a new 1914 Ford Model
>> T car cost today?
>> A U.S.Dollar in 1900 would buy a lot more than it does today.
>> cuhulin

> The inflation adjusted price of a Model T today means nothing because
> there is not a comparably unequipped car to compare it to. However,
> if we inflation adjust the $550 1914 Model T to 2010 prices we have a
> price of roughly $12,000. That is for a car with little more than
> seats, doors, a 2 speed transmission, and a single transmission drum
> brake. We have thankfully progressed.

The idea of comparably equipped IMO is something that is used to hide
inflation officially. Increased productivity will by its very nature
bring about more for less. Productivity has increased dramatically since
the model T days. Inflation is a mechanism by which governments and/or
banks can take a slice of the increased productivity for themselves
relatively not noticed by the population.

Deflation (of the prices of goods) is the natural state of free market
enterprise, and this can be seen in products that beat the rate of
inflation. Prices continually decline in constant dollars. Electronics
is a prime example.

Old December 6th 10, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Econo-cars

"m6onz5a" > wrote in message
On Dec 6, 10:51 am, wrote:
> http://www.dailyjobcuts.com
>
> Prices of gasoline is up too.
> cuhulin

>Yep, the prices keep going up for cars.. Never seen them come down.
>Except if you bought something from India or China.

Or a Pontiac in the last year.

Econo-cars