156 washer woes...

Old April 23rd 10, 05:03 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Jim[_32_]

Default 156 washer woes...

Right, this is starting to get to me! I realise it isn't a big deal
compared to some things that can happen to Alfa owners but it's got my
goat. The washers on my 156 are, and always were, shocking. If you aim
the jets where you would really prefer the water on the screen the wiper
blade is in the way in the 'home' position. If you aim to miss the blade
you miss most of the screen too!

I just can't understand how Alfa overlooked that design error for all of
the production.

Anyway...is there a solution? Ideas please? Or is it just me?

Cheers.

Jim
Old April 23rd 10, 06:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Jim wrote:
> Right, this is starting to get to me! I realise it isn't a big deal
> compared to some things that can happen to Alfa owners but it's got my
> goat. The washers on my 156 are, and always were, shocking. If you aim
> the jets where you would really prefer the water on the screen the wiper
> blade is in the way in the 'home' position. If you aim to miss the blade
> you miss most of the screen too!
>
> I just can't understand how Alfa overlooked that design error for all of
> the production.
>
> Anyway...is there a solution? Ideas please? Or is it just me?

Buy some new jets. There should be more than one coming out. With new
ones fitted, I got a perfectly acceptable wash experience, oooer.

116 Giulietta 3.0l Sprint 1.7 GTV TS GT 3.2 V6
Triumph Sprint ST 1050: It's blue, see.
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old April 25th 10, 10:45 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
R C Nesbit

Jim spoke:
> Right, this is starting to get to me! I realise it isn't a big deal
> compared to some things that can happen to Alfa owners but it's got my
> goat. The washers on my 156 are, and always were, shocking. If you aim
> the jets where you would really prefer the water on the screen the wiper
> blade is in the way in the 'home' position. If you aim to miss the blade
> you miss most of the screen too!
>
> I just can't understand how Alfa overlooked that design error for all of
> the production.
>
> Anyway...is there a solution? Ideas please? Or is it just me?

It's all part of the Alfa character!

Mine were the same, I had a fiddle, and they improved. However this last
few days mine appears to have developed a third nozzle on the drives side,
which is actually much better.

--
Rob Pearson
156 1.9jtd sportwagon (now)

Old April 25th 10, 08:41 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_11_]

"R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
> Jim spoke:
>> Right, this is starting to get to me! I realise it isn't a big deal
>> compared to some things that can happen to Alfa owners but it's got my
>> goat. The washers on my 156 are, and always were, shocking. If you aim
>> the jets where you would really prefer the water on the screen the wiper
>> blade is in the way in the 'home' position. If you aim to miss the blade
>> you miss most of the screen too!
>>
>> I just can't understand how Alfa overlooked that design error for all of
>> the production.
>>
>> Anyway...is there a solution? Ideas please? Or is it just me?

> It's all part of the Alfa character!
>
> Mine were the same, I had a fiddle, and they improved. However this last
> few days mine appears to have developed a third nozzle on the drives side,
> which is actually much better.

There should be 4 jets at each side. I just cleaned mine! The jets just
prize off the car (carefully), then you can clean them.

Old April 25th 10, 09:18 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Jim[_32_]

On 25/04/2010 20:41, GT wrote:
> "R C > wrote in message
>> Jim spoke:
>>> Right, this is starting to get to me! I realise it isn't a big deal
>>> compared to some things that can happen to Alfa owners but it's got my
>>> goat. The washers on my 156 are, and always were, shocking. If you aim
>>> the jets where you would really prefer the water on the screen the wiper
>>> blade is in the way in the 'home' position. If you aim to miss the blade
>>> you miss most of the screen too!
>>>
>>> I just can't understand how Alfa overlooked that design error for all of
>>> the production.
>>>
>>> Anyway...is there a solution? Ideas please? Or is it just me?

>> It's all part of the Alfa character!
>>
>> Mine were the same, I had a fiddle, and they improved. However this last
>> few days mine appears to have developed a third nozzle on the drives side,
>> which is actually much better.

> There should be 4 jets at each side. I just cleaned mine! The jets just
> prize off the car (carefully), then you can clean them.

Thanks for you input everyone.....I have done a thorough cleaning job
this weekend and they are improved.....but the structural fault (the
inability to aim the jets into a very suitable spot remains!
Old April 25th 10, 09:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

GT wrote:
> "R C Nesbit" > wrote in message
>> Jim spoke:
>>> Right, this is starting to get to me! I realise it isn't a big deal
>>> compared to some things that can happen to Alfa owners but it's got my
>>> goat. The washers on my 156 are, and always were, shocking. If you aim
>>> the jets where you would really prefer the water on the screen the wiper
>>> blade is in the way in the 'home' position. If you aim to miss the blade
>>> you miss most of the screen too!
>>>
>>> I just can't understand how Alfa overlooked that design error for all of
>>> the production.
>>>
>>> Anyway...is there a solution? Ideas please? Or is it just me?

>> It's all part of the Alfa character!
>>
>> Mine were the same, I had a fiddle, and they improved. However this last
>> few days mine appears to have developed a third nozzle on the drives side,
>> which is actually much better.

> There should be 4 jets at each side. I just cleaned mine! The jets just
> prize off the car (carefully), then you can clean them.

Indeed. IME once they get really screwed, that's it. They get water adn
general crap laying in the jets.

Old April 25th 10, 09:52 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Catman

Jim wrote:
> On 25/04/2010 20:41, GT wrote:
>> "R C > wrote in message
>>> Jim spoke:

>>> It's all part of the Alfa character!
>>>
>>> Mine were the same, I had a fiddle, and they improved. However this
>>> last
>>> few days mine appears to have developed a third nozzle on the drives
>>> side,
>>> which is actually much better.

>> There should be 4 jets at each side. I just cleaned mine! The jets just
>> prize off the car (carefully), then you can clean them.
>>

> Thanks for you input everyone.....I have done a thorough cleaning job
> this weekend and they are improved.....but the structural fault (the
> inability to aim the jets into a very suitable spot remains!

Really. Get new ones.

g25 woes Lol[_4_] Simulators 3 April 13th 10 11:33 PM
B4 vr6 woes starburst VW water cooled 5 December 23rd 07 07:24 AM
EGR woes [email protected] Technology 0 April 2nd 07 01:41 PM
SL2 woes. meloyellowjr Saturn 5 March 5th 07 07:56 PM
Oil Pan Woes Fred Garvin Jeep 5 July 31st 05 01:20 PM