Who's here?

Old July 26th 08, 07:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
OzOne

Default Who's here?

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 18:34:13 -0500, "Chris D'Agnolo"
> wrote:

>'Three twins', a Miata guy and goes by OzOne and is not Mal Osborne (also of
>Australia). You're not related to Mal are you?
>
>Chris
>99BBB
>

>"OzOne" wrote in message ...
>> I'm here
>> 2005 NC Limited Edition. Brilliant Black
>> Sydney, New South Wales (NSW), Australia

Three twins comes from something that was said to me years ago.
MX5 guy...Miata sounds so girly :-)
And No, not related to Mal Osbourne..Perth is LA to NY away from
Sydney.

OzOne of the three twins

I welcome you to Crackerbox Palace.
Old July 26th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Rob[_15_]

Chris D'Agnolo > wrote:

> Rob, Thanks for chiming in. Nice car! Horrible front license plate dude! I
> don't think I could bear to do it to my car (and I don't ;-)
>
> I'll add you!
>
> Chris
> 99BBB

As far as I know it's the original Japanese licence plate surround, with
A UK plate attached. It was on the car when I bought it last November.
The car lived in Japan until 2000 when its previous owner imported it to
the UK.

Unfortunately in the UK a front plate is a legal requirement and the
'normal' UK market long thin front plates are just as ugly. I'd like to
replace it with a self-adhesive plate but these are probably illegal in
the UK now as they aren't vertical and therefore may not be readable by
speed cameras and the multitude of spy cameras that the Powers That Be
insist on installing all over the country for my safety and
protection....
--
Rob - Shropshire
So many cats,
Old July 26th 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> Rob, Thanks for chiming in. Nice car! Horrible front license plate
> dude! I don't think I could bear to do it to my car

There are optional front license plate holders, none are very pretty
since the Miata really has no place to put on.

I'm one who'd really like to have a front plate, Arizona doesn't
require one but when I park I get nasty looks because of no front plate
and one very dedicated (to issuing tickets!) police officer took a
stroll completly around the car so she could see the handicap plate on
the back. Once she saw the plate she carefully checked the rest of the
car, I wondered if she wanted to ticket me for something because I'd
made her hike around the car?

Arizona no longer issues a sticker for the windshild and hanging the
placard would work but only for the minute it would take someone to
steal it from a convertible....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old July 27th 08, 07:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
jfeelders

Hi Chris,

The Hague is the english name for Den Haag where the ICC is situated indeed.
We're awaiting mr. Karadzic right now...

Jeroen

"Chris D'Agnolo" > schreef in bericht
| Still Gottcha from before. Are you from the home of the ICC? I've always
| heard it said; so and so will be tried (sp?) at the International Criminal
| Court in the Hague. I didn't realize it was a city called 'the Hague',
| interesting.
|
| Chris
| 99BBB
|
| "jfeelders" <http://mailto.feelders.com> wrote in message
| > Here I am:
| >
| > Jfeelders
| > 91B Crystal White Miata
| > The Hague, The Netherlands
| >

| > "Chris D'Agnolo" > schreef in bericht
| > | Well, it's been entirely too quiet around here lately. The only really
| > | interesting posts I've seen lately on this thread were political (off
| > topic)
| > | and as much as I love this groups ability to stay on topic (unlike
most
| > | newsgroups), it was at least nice to see human communication taking
| > place.
| > | And hey, miata guys are so civil that even the politics didn't get
| > totally
| > | ugly (good work guys). Anyway, at the risk of going off topic again
| > here,
| > | decided to re-post the info I previously gathered on who's hanging
| > around
| > | here and where they are from. It turned out to be HUGELY entertaining
| > for
| > me
| > | and others seemed to get a kick out of it too SOOOO, just to stir the
| > pot,
| > | here's the info again. I'd love to hear from anybody that's still
| > hanging
| > | around and I'll even add / update my info and re-post it after
(assuming
| > | get SOME responses).
| > |
| > | I've got a follow up that I want to do but thought I'd stir the pot
| > before
| > | threw a soup bone in there ;-)
| > |
| > | I have t appologize to Brunno, we had some great conversations back
and
| > | forth comparing and contrasting the US of A and Denmark (VERY
| > interesting)
| > | and my computer bit the dust and I lost my address book and all my old
| > inbox
| > | / sent items so, I dropped the ball (the conversation). I imagine he's
| > still
| > | lurking here ;-0
| > |
| > | Thanks,
| > | Chris
| > | 99BBB
| > |
| > | rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata (RAMMM)
| > | Last Updated: 12/1/2007
| > | # Identity: State: City: Country: Province:
| > |
| > | 1 Chris D'Agnolo TX Sugar Land (sw Houston)
| > | 2 Clark Fredricks IL Aurora (w/sw Chicago)
| > | 3 XS11 AZ Phoenix
| > | 4 Jack McGann MA Chelmsford
| > | 5 Jim OH Columbus
| > | 6 Larry(pltrgyst) VA Alexandria
| > | 7 Todd Benson OR Portland
| > | 8 Barry CA Pasadena
| > | 9 Bruce Haskin WA Normandy Park (Seattle)
| > | 10 Richard Phillips Wales Swansea U.K.
| > | 11 Eric Barber Cambridge U.K.
| > | 12 r0lliSl1fe CT Storrs
| > | 13 Fred Martin AL Hoover
| > | 14 Roland Smith CA Wrightwood
| > | 15 Geary Morton NC Raleigh
| > | 16 Trent Woods NC
| > | 17 Iva PA Bethlehem
| > | 18 Michael Gies OR Beaverton
| > | 19 Miker MN Minneapolis
| > | 20 Scott Streeter MA Auburn
| > | 21 Frank Berger TX Dallas
| > | 22 CR IL Springfield
| > | 23 Jim McDonald NY Newburgh
| > | 24 Chas Hurst PA Beautiful Bucks county
| > | 25 John McGaw TN Knoxville
| > | 26 Leon van D. FL Tallahassee
| > | 27 Carbon FL Lakeland
| > | 28 Beemer AZ Glendale
| > | 29 Don Moore OH Cuyahoga Falls
| > | 30 Miata Bill (BK) MO Saint Peters
| > | 31 Stephen Toth PA Landenberg
| > | 32 Michael FL Jacksonville
| > | 33 Rich Lowe OH Columbia Station
| > | 34 J Brockley New Zealand Auckland
| > | 35 Robert Boswell (Boz) U.K. Newark
| > | 36 Pat (pws) TX Lago Vista (Austin)
| > | 37 abyss OR Coos Bay
| > | 38 Christopher Muto NY New York
| > | 39 Lanny Chambers MO St. Louis
| > | 40 Bruno Denmark Copenhagen
| > | 41 Abid Kahn TX Sugar Land (sw Houston)
| > | 42 Ken Lyons VA Alexandria
| > | 43 Bill & Joanne PA Catasauqua
| > | 44 Steve Vernon IN Indianapolis
| > | 45 Russ NM Albuquerque
| > | 46 Harry Carlux France
| > | 47 Tommy Brighton U.K.
| > | 48 Gordon Bennett NH Alton
| > | 49 Chance PA Grove City
| > | 50 Chris Rennix VA Williamsburg
| > | 51 Bipestuff NC Raleigh
| > | 52 Dana Myers CA Cordelia
| > | 53 Zog the Undeniable Swindon U.K.
| > | 54 Steve McMahon CA Santa Monica
| > | 55 George Jetson IA Keystone
| > | 56 Invisible Man Chelmsford U.K. Essex
| > | 57 Brian TX San Antonio
| > | 58 Werner B. Antwerp Belgium
| > | 59 Jim GA Watkinsville
| > | 60 W. Kiernan FL Lutz (N of Tampa)
| > | 61 Gus (nofatsug) CA Irvine
| > | 62 Mal Osborne "Perth, WA (?)" Australia
| > | 63 Dan Bennett Cork Ireland
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > | States
| > | Represented Frequency
| > |
| > | AL 1
| > | AK
| > | AR
| > | AZ 2
| > | CA 5
| > | CO
| > | CT 1
| > | DE
| > | FL 4
| > | GA 1
| > | HI
| > | ID
| > | IL 2
| > | IN 1
| > | IA 1
| > | KS
| > | KY
| > | LA
| > | ME
| > | MD
| > | MA 1
| > | MI
| > | MN 1
| > | MS 1
| > | MO 2
| > | MT
| > | NE
| > | NV
| > | NH 1
| > | NJ
| > | NM 1
| > | NY 2
| > | NC 3
| > | ND
| > | OH 3
| > | OK
| > | OR 3
| > | PA 5
| > | RI
| > | SC
| > | SD
| > | TN 1
| > | TX 5
| > | UT
| > | VT
| > | VA 3
| > | WA 1
| > | (Wash))DC
| > | WV
| > | WI
| > | WY
| > | TOTALS: 51
| > |
| > | COUNTRIES
| > | REPRESENTED
| > |
| > | U.S.A./ 51
| > | U.K. / 6
| > | New Zealand / 1
| > | Denmark / 1
| > | France / 1
| > | Belgium / 1
| > | Australia / 1
| > | Ireland / 1
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

Old July 28th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Alan J Claffie

I'm here sporadically, just when bored. Picked up my first Miata last
November, a '96 base model lowered on Apex springs, Enkei RPF1 wheels,
nice paint, high miles but good maintenance etc etc. Thought I'd drive
it forever, it was that good. All I had to do was put a set of tires on
it, then I added a Robbins tonneau so it reminded me of my old '71 MGB.
Kept it in the garage, only drive it on nice days.

That car got rear-ended a week and a half ago, pushing me into a
minivan. Set off both airbags, broke one of my fingers. Insurance is
treating me well and I'm buying the wreck back. It's in my driveway on
jackstands waiting for the go-ahead from insurance so I can start
stripping it. I have a line on what sounds like a real good '97 so I
won't go Miata-free for too long.

The wife liked the idea of a convertible but didn't like the look of the
older cars so she went out and got her own, a very nice low-mileage '99
Sport package. We've added a set of Kosei K1-TS wheels that look a
little too much like my Enkeis but can't do much about that.

The neighbors looked at us kinda funny when we bought two Miatas over
the course of five months. They look at me a little funnier now that I
have a crashed car in the driveway.

We live in Waldorf, Maryland USA

96 Montego Blue Miata killed dead
99 Brilliant Black Sport Pkg
http://www.claffie.com
Old July 28th 08, 07:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Art McGinn

chris: please add --

Art McGinn, WA Spokane, '91 MX-5, 145k

Old July 28th 08, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Alan J Claffie wrote:
> I'm here sporadically, just when bored. Picked up my first Miata last
> November, a '96 base model lowered on Apex springs, Enkei RPF1 wheels,
> nice paint, high miles but good maintenance etc etc. Thought I'd drive
> it forever, it was that good. All I had to do was put a set of tires on
> it, then I added a Robbins tonneau so it reminded me of my old '71 MGB.
> Kept it in the garage, only drive it on nice days.
>
> That car got rear-ended a week and a half ago, pushing me into a
> minivan. Set off both airbags, broke one of my fingers. Insurance is
> treating me well and I'm buying the wreck back. It's in my driveway on
> jackstands waiting for the go-ahead from insurance so I can start
> stripping it. I have a line on what sounds like a real good '97 so I
> won't go Miata-free for too long.
>
> The wife liked the idea of a convertible but didn't like the look of the
> older cars so she went out and got her own, a very nice low-mileage '99
> Sport package. We've added a set of Kosei K1-TS wheels that look a
> little too much like my Enkeis but can't do much about that.
>
> The neighbors looked at us kinda funny when we bought two Miatas over
> the course of five months. They look at me a little funnier now that I
> have a crashed car in the driveway.
>
> We live in Waldorf, Maryland USA

> 96 Montego Blue Miata killed dead
> 99 Brilliant Black Sport Pkg
> http://www.claffie.com

Alan,
just curious, was the airbag what got your finger? Hope it heals OK.

I have also torn down a wrecked blue '96 Miata.
You will probably get some questions on parts compatibility, such as the
instrument cluster hood that is specific to 1994-1997 models or
1989-1990 models.

I have done a lot of research on the parts and am now parting out a '91
Miata, so I may be able to answer questions if you have any.

Good luck!

Pat
Old July 28th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

pws wrote:
such as the
> instrument cluster hood that is specific to 1994-1997 models or
> 1989-1990 models.

Errr... make that 1989-1993 models. :-/

Pat
Old July 30th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

> the International Criminal
> Court in the Hague. I didn't realize it was a city called 'the Hague',

They should have Henry Winkler as a judge.

> > 91B Crystal White Miata

Now there's a color that sounds like speed!

miker

Old August 4th 08, 09:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

Ouch! Sorry to hear of the crash but it sounds like the Miata has already
'gotten to' both you and your wife! I love it! That would be great to have
an NA (90~97) and an NB (99~05) and even better if you eventually get to add
an NC (06~ ?). I'm loving the hardtop convertible (from a distance ;-) I'll
add ya'all to my 'lil list and re-post it down the road a bit.

Chris
99BBB

. ..