oem parts....

Old March 25th 07, 01:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
CWGator

Default oem parts....

Any ideas for websites that sell Honda after market oem parts at good
prices?

Old March 25th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

For OEM parts at good prices, see the list at
http://home.earthlink.net/~honda.lioness/id9.html

Note: "Aftermarket OEM" is an oxymoron. One either buys
aftermarket, or one buys OEM.

Old March 25th 07, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
loewent via CarKB.com

maximumautoparts.com

parts from the original OEM supplier.

Old March 26th 07, 02:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
loewent via CarKB.com

been thinking about this some more, and it kinda got me going a little.
Honda really takes us to the cleaners on parts from the dealerships.

We have to remember that we are after OEM Quality, not just OEM. I work in
the automotive manufacturing industry. We order parts from the OEM suppliers
such as MGM Brakes, CE Niehoff for alternators, and Nippon Denso for
alternators and starters. Countless others that are undoubtedly used across
the industry, regardless of whether a vehicle is made by Honda or by Chrysler.

By the way, we operate a 'service parts' division. By far it is the MOST
profitable division in our company, and we mark the parts up like crazy! I
doubt Honda is doing anything different than this.

However, what Honda does is do a little more research, and a little more
followup. Their OEM suppliers must meet their stringent PPM defect standards,
and they do pay more for their parts. The tradeoff being that the domestics
and other cheapies pay less, for less reliable parts.

I don't see a problem with going to a retailer like Maximumautoparts.com or
Rockauto.com, as they specify the vendor of the parts. A little research
will render this information quite quickly under the hood of your honda,
check out the brand names and part numbers. Match them up on the website,
and you should be getting an 'aftermarket' OEM part. In other words, not
from the dealer...

My 2 cents.

Terry in Winnipeg.

Old March 26th 07, 03:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

loewent via CarKB.com wrote:
> been thinking about this some more, and it kinda got me going a little.
> Honda really takes us to the cleaners on parts from the dealerships.
>
> We have to remember that we are after OEM Quality, not just OEM. I work in
> the automotive manufacturing industry. We order parts from the OEM suppliers
> such as MGM Brakes, CE Niehoff for alternators, and Nippon Denso for
> alternators and starters. Countless others that are undoubtedly used across
> the industry, regardless of whether a vehicle is made by Honda or by Chrysler.
>

> By the way, we operate a 'service parts' division. By far it is the MOST
> profitable division in our company, and we mark the parts up like crazy! I
> doubt Honda is doing anything different than this.
>
> However, what Honda does is do a little more research, and a little more
> followup. Their OEM suppliers must meet their stringent PPM defect standards,
> and they do pay more for their parts. The tradeoff being that the domestics
> and other cheapies pay less, for less reliable parts.

does that mean that oem manufacturers put same-looking parts into the
after-market supply chain that /don't/ meet honda standards?

Old March 26th 07, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

"loewent via CarKB.com" <u10197@uwe> wrote in message
> I don't see a problem with going to a retailer like
> Maximumautoparts.com or
> Rockauto.com, as they specify the vendor of the parts. A
> little research
> will render this information quite quickly under the hood
> of your honda,
> check out the brand names and part numbers. Match them up
> on the website,
> and you should be getting an 'aftermarket' OEM part. In
> other words, not
> from the dealer...

Understood. Maybe I spoke too quickly re "aftermarket OEM."

Reminds me that I go around recommending
https://www.automedicsupply.com/ for OEM oxygen sensors. Yet
what this site sells is exactly what you describe.

I checked some of the prices at maximumautoparts.com . Those
folks want 95 cents for an oil pan drain plug washer! But
all else that I checked seemed not out of line with the OEM
sites I usually suggest.

Old March 26th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
loewent via CarKB.com

In short, YES!

I constantly get inundated with requests from vendors to give me price relief
by reducing warranties.

In some cases, we go for it, as it would help generate more revenue. Its all
about the balance of what a customer expects from a part vs what you provide,
and which option will generate the most revenue long term.

Old March 26th 07, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
loewent via CarKB.com

lol... re-read this message, and realized how I contradicted myself. DUH

After receiving some parts from the website mentioned, I would say that the
quality is superior to the crap at my FLAPS (I liked that acronym the other
day, so I am going to use it). It is the same as the stuff I get from Honda.

However, my point was that sometimes, as an OEM, sometimes decisions are made
to buy parts of inferior quality to increase revenues. Not saying Honda does
this, but we don't know either way.