Top down!

Old March 9th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Mal Osborne

Default Top down!

Well over 100F here, put the top up to avoid sunburn!

.. .

Old March 9th 07, 02:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

"Mal Osborne" > wrote:

> Well over 100F here, put the top up to avoid sunburn!

100F is just getting comfortable!

Old March 9th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

You got it!

Chris,
99BBB

Old March 9th 07, 04:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BRUCE HASKIN

OK, OK, OK! I got the message ! Just came back in he house after reading
all the trash about "PUT YOUR TOP DOWN ! Sooooo I went out to the car,
took the hard top off, opened the garage door and ran the car for about
20 min's. with the top down and the CD player up high ! My wife finaly
came out and asked what the hell I was doing. (it's about 40 deg's. and
rain out side.) A guy hast'a do what a guy hast'a do. Yes I had the top
down today !!! :-)

Bruce Bing '03 LS (and dry too)

Old March 9th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pltrgyst[_1_]

On Thu, 08 Mar 2007 16:21:39 -0500, John McGaw > wrote:

>You had your top UP? Wassamada you?...

You guys have _tops_? Next thing you'll be telling me you've got windows on the
sides too.

Wimps. 8

-- Larry
Old March 9th 07, 01:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Hughes

The Invisible Man > wrote in news:45f0909f$0$81606
:

> At the risk of being really seriously flamed has anyone tried taking a
> coup‚ through a carwash? Our 2002 is silver which doesn't need washing
> too often but the coup‚ is dark (stormy in the UK) blue and with UK
> weather being really variable and the car being used every day it is
> going to take a lot of cleaning.

I take my 94 thru the automatic washes occasionally. The paint job is
far enough from pristine that I'm not concerned about the little abuse it
may get from it. Most work OK, when I had the plastic window on the old
top, I'd get water in the cabin some. Now w/ the zipperless top w/ glass
window (Duetto), it's much less of an issue. Shouldn't have any problem
with water leaks w/ a new coupe - tho I'd probably be a lot more
concerned about the paint getting scratched up if I had a new shiny
coupe..

I did have a problem at one place. The gas station closest to home has a
touchless car wash that does some laser mapping of your car to determine
where to shoot the water.. apparently, they didn't take small roadsters
into account when they designed the system, because it couldn't find my
car. I even got the store clerk out there trying to get it to work. He
was actually in the wash area beside my car waving his arms around trying
to get the thing to think he was a car, I guess. No dice. Had to get a
refund on that one.

-Scott
Old March 9th 07, 02:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Scott Streeter

XS11E > writes:

> 82F today, no sign of rain in sight, DAMN I was tired of driving with
> the top up.....
>
> I can't believe how much more I enjoy driving with the top down..
> here's hoping it'll stay that way for a month or so now.

Blah... It was 6F here thismorning. My poor Miata had a hard time
starting...

--
Scott Streeter

http://www.wpi.edu/~ss/
Old March 9th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Remove This

"Scott Hughes" > wrote in message
> He was actually in the wash area beside my car waving his arms around
> trying
> to get the thing to think he was a car, I guess. No dice. Had to get a
> refund on that one.
> -Scott

<---{ LOL }--->
Technology is out friend !!!

--
" ya gotta let it out, Captain! " ( Jaime Brockett )

Old March 10th 07, 03:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

> I told the boss to screw off and went for a LONG and spirited drive down
> Lime Creek Road and back. Chris D. knows what I'm talking about if he is
> still haunting this newsgroup.

> Pat

Nice work Pat, hope you ran it once for me! Every time I run it it's less
comfortable as the rich folks just keep throwing more and more houses out
there and understandably give dirtier and dirtier looks to the drivers of
vehicles they think might be breaking the speed limit out there.

Maybe we can do a real early morning run one of these weekends?
Weather here is gorgeous too!

Chris
99BBB

Old March 10th 07, 03:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo

> I did have a problem at one place. The gas station closest to home has a
> touchless car wash that does some laser mapping of your car to determine
> where to shoot the water.. apparently, they didn't take small roadsters
> into account when they designed the system, because it couldn't find my
> car. I even got the store clerk out there trying to get it to work. He
> was actually in the wash area beside my car waving his arms around trying
> to get the thing to think he was a car, I guess. No dice. Had to get a
> refund on that one.
>
> -Scott

That's funnier than s_ _ t!

I don't trust carwashes (including teenage fundraisers!) but understand some
folks don't have the facilities and sometimes they are a necessary evil. The
coupe shouldn't be any different than any closed car, I wouldn't think.

Chris
99BBB