Who's here?

Old August 18th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

Default Who's here?

> > Mere "Brilliant Black", or "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"?
> >

> Are you asking if it has been resprayed?

No... I was looking for touch-up paint the other day and found that they
came in both "Brilliant Black" (code PX) and "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"
(code PZ). Not sure which is more common. Mines the PZ - what does your door
jamb sticker say?

miker

Old August 19th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ken Lyons

"miker" > wrote
>> > Mere "Brilliant Black", or "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"?
>> >

>> Are you asking if it has been resprayed?

> No... I was looking for touch-up paint the other day and found that they
> came in both "Brilliant Black" (code PX) and "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"
> (code PZ). Not sure which is more common. Mines the PZ - what does your
> door
> jamb sticker say?

PZ which is also what is on my bottle of touchup paint as well. This is
definitely not clear coat.
--
Ken Lyons '97 Brilliant Black/'90 Classic Red
Inside the Beltway

Old August 19th 08, 06:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
miker

> > No... I was looking for touch-up paint the other day and found that they
> > came in both "Brilliant Black" (code PX) and "Brilliant Black Clearcoat"
> > (code PZ).

> PZ which is also what is on my bottle of touchup paint as well. This is
> definitely not clear coat.

I'm thinking that PX was a Brilliant Black, and PZ was a Brilliant Black
that they did an additional clearcoat step to. Both would be the same
touchup color. My 14-year-old nephew called mine "lusterous".

miker