GM 2.8L V6 Engine Problem

Old February 8th 16, 05:35 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Default GM 2.8L V6 Engine Problem

I own a 1991 chevy s10 2wd pick up. It has a 60 degree 2.8L v6 it drinking coolant but in not pushing out the overflow and it's not showing a milk oil mixture if you could help me into the right direction I'd appreciate it.

You can email me

Thanks

Brandon DeHart
Old February 8th 16, 04:06 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

> wrote:
>I own a 1991 chevy s10 2wd pick up. It has a 60 degree 2.8L v6 it drinking coolant but in not pushing out the overflow and it's not showing a milk oil mixture if you could help me into the right direction I'd appreciate it.

White smoke out the tailpipe?

If you pull the plugs, do they all look about the same or is one nice and
clean?

Water is going somewhere... either it is leaking on the ground or it's going
into the oil or it's going into the cylinders. You've ruled out one of the
three. Now you're looking either for a leak into the air or into the
cylinder.

A pressure-test will tell you for sure what is going on, but if you're seeing
one very clean sparkplug you won't have to go that far, even.
--scott
Old September 1st 17, 05:03 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

I have an 88 S-10 and I have replaced the Thermostat water pump and still water vkinv somewhere. Can anyone tell me where?
Old September 2nd 17, 09:06 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Sanity Clause[_2_]

> wrote

> I have an 88 S-10 and I have replaced the Thermostat water pump and still
> water vkinv somewhere. Can anyone tell me where?

Right there.
No, not *there*, over THERE!
Can't you see me pointing?

Old September 5th 17, 10:10 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
ben91932

On Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 9:03:25 PM UTC-7, wrote:
> I have an 88 S-10 and I have replaced the Thermostat water pump and still water vkinv somewhere. Can anyone tell me where?

Those things are famous for intake manifold gaskets that leak all the water into the crankcase. Check your oil dipstick and make sure it isn't over full and doesn't look like a milk shake
HTH
Ben
Old June 24th 18, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

I have a 1988 2.8L Chevy S10 Blazer with a high idle problem. Its has 234,000 miles on it. Its all tuned up replaced IAC. It was up to 1050 RPM but have gotten down to 800. Can anyone show me a picture of where exactly I drill to get to the idle screw to adjust it. And after I adjust it I imagine I have to reset the TPS. Would I also need to reset the timing?
Old April 1st 19, 09:02 PM posted to rec.autos.tech

On Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 11:12:13 AM UTC-6, wrote:
> I have a 1988 2.8L Chevy S10 Blazer with a high idle problem. Its has 234,000 miles on it. Its all tuned up replaced IAC. It was up to 1050 RPM but have gotten down to 800. Can anyone show me a picture of where exactly I drill to get to the idle screw to adjust it. And after I adjust it I imagine I have to reset the TPS. Would I also need to reset the timing?

First thing id do is stop using aol lol. God i remember waiting for that damn disc to come in the mail for the free usage.
Second you only touch the timing if you some how jumped a tooth or you accidentally spun your distributor and threw the timing out of wack.
the only drilling i remember reading was the bolts on the tps were pressed in bolts with smooth flat head. mine were torques bit i think.
third if you cleaned your IACvalve did you follow the cleaning instructions to the "T" cause some ppl were messing then up using abrassive agents. also when you remove the IAC the plunger will get miss adjusted and only way to learn its position is to have a tps sensor properly installed. you'll need an ohms meter and a chilton's manual. top of my head i dont remember specs. Adjusting idle set screw is simple no drilling needing i dont think. but honestly i backed mine all the way out till so that idle adjustment would hit the mount or whatever the screw is mounted through then tightened it so that it just lifted the throttle back up just enough to say air can pass.

Mine was or is still i should say, the twin port fuel injected throttle body. And with my high idle issues it could have been:

*simple idle adjustment
*dirty IAC Valve
*dirty EGR or old vacuum hose dry up. they are plastic and crack and i remember so many damn vacuum hoses to check
*Bad tps
*coolant temp sensor(not coolant temp sending sensor-this one is for the gauge feed and i think they are pretty close to each other

Bad sadly my first high idle i checked all the above and my issue was someone had pulled the cable that whys off for the cruise control plunger unit which has a piece of flat metal with holes in it that you can change it to take the slack out the line so the throttle never dropped all the way down. one of those things youd never think was the issue

i love my 92 gmc sonoma and the 2.8l 5speed was pretty fun to drive. But mines been parked cause i put a new water pump in and was broke and live in tx so said f*ck it waters free and it never freezes. But two years ago tx froze for a whole week state wide and froze the motor and pushed out freeze plugs blew the hoses and i can only guess but messed up the intake gasket cause after it should be full after adding coolant it keeps taking it till it comes out the valve cover oil add port. But fires right up and doesnt have any misses. actually bout to go out and start taring it down. which is the reason im on a 20+ yr old thread waisting time responding to ppl who are either dead by now or in prison. Im just procrastinating. But if you still got troubles hope this helps

GM 2.8L V6 Engine Problem [email protected] Technology 5 February 11th 15 03:21 AM
V6 engine problem Catman Alfa Romeo 12 November 30th 07 06:11 AM
MX5 engine problem grm Mazda 3 September 8th 06 04:13 AM
engine problem george taylor VW air cooled 5 September 5th 05 03:58 PM
6 cy engine problem MikeG Jeep 10 May 21st 05 02:46 AM