Imy 2000 model Deawoo lanes sportshatch auto won't idle

Old April 11th 18, 03:18 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Natasha Mckenzie

Default Imy 2000 model Deawoo lanes sportshatch auto won't idle

Deawoo lanes sportshatch 2000 model auto 90,000km won't idle, timing is
perfect, spark plugs & leads fuel pump replaced . It starts with constant
spraying of "start ya barstard" for about 30 seconds then splatters & stops .
Any suggestions? Fuel injectors maybe?

--
for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/tech/imy...dle-78407-.htm

Old April 11th 18, 04:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Scott Dorsey

In article >,
Natasha Mckenzie > wrote:
>Deawoo lanes sportshatch 2000 model auto 90,000km won't idle, timing is
>perfect, spark plugs & leads fuel pump replaced . It starts with constant
>spraying of "start ya barstard" for about 30 seconds then splatters & stops .
>Any suggestions? Fuel injectors maybe?

If timing is good and spark is good (and even if something other than the
plugs and wires were bad you'd have noticed a spark problem with the timing
light I hope), then it's exhaust, fuel, or air.

Does a noid light come on when you look at the solenoid outputs? Is there
a massive leak in the air plenum? If you measure fuel pressure at the rail,
is there any?

The fact that it needs starting fluid indicates that it's not getting fuel.
--scott
Old April 11th 18, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Paul in Houston TX[_2_]

Natasha Mckenzie wrote:
> Deawoo lanes sportshatch 2000 model auto 90,000km won't idle, timing is
> perfect, spark plugs & leads fuel pump replaced . It starts with constant
> spraying of "start ya barstard" for about 30 seconds then splatters & stops .
> Any suggestions? Fuel injectors maybe?

Vac leak.
Old April 11th 18, 06:27 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
dsi1[_11_]

On Wednesday, April 11, 2018 at 4:18:06 AM UTC-10, Natasha Mckenzie wrote:
> Deawoo lanes sportshatch 2000 model auto 90,000km won't idle, timing is
> perfect, spark plugs & leads fuel pump replaced . It starts with constant
> spraying of "start ya barstard" for about 30 seconds then splatters & stops .
> Any suggestions? Fuel injectors maybe?
>
> --
> for full context, visit https://www.motorsforum.com/tech/imy...dle-78407-.htm

Check your idle air control valve. If it runs fine once it's warmed up, check your cold start valve.