What does the EHSR mean for my alternator bearing rebuild

Old August 16th 13, 05:29 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Misha

Default What does the EHSR mean for my alternator bearing rebuild

I'm planning on rebuilding my Bosch 120 amp alternator.
One of the two bearings is a 6304 EHSR 2RS1 c3 - 17x52x17mm

I know the 2RS means two rubber shields.
And the 6304 is the size.
While the C3 is the radial clearance.

But what does the EHSR indicate?
Old August 17th 13, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mirfred Zhangheles

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 04:29:00 +0000, Misha wrote:

> I'm planning on rebuilding my Bosch 120 amp alternator.
> One of the two bearings is a 6304 EHSR 2RS1 c3 - 17x52x17mm
>
> I know the 2RS means two rubber shields.
> And the 6304 is the size.
> While the C3 is the radial clearance.
>
> But what does the EHSR indicate?

I don't think you *can* rebuild an alternator.
You have to buy either a new one or one that is professionaly rebuilt.
If you rebuilt it it will brake within months.

plus its probabley illegal anyway without a license

Old August 17th 13, 08:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Geoff Welsh

Misha wrote:
> I'm planning on rebuilding my Bosch 120 amp alternator.
> One of the two bearings is a 6304 EHSR 2RS1 c3 - 17x52x17mm
>
> I know the 2RS means two rubber shields.
> And the 6304 is the size.
> While the C3 is the radial clearance.
>
> But what does the EHSR indicate?

Extra Hard Spherical Rollers?

I would ask Bosch, not Usenet.
GW
Old August 17th 13, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve W.[_6_]

Mirfred Zhangheles wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 04:29:00 +0000, Misha wrote:
>
>> I'm planning on rebuilding my Bosch 120 amp alternator.
>> One of the two bearings is a 6304 EHSR 2RS1 c3 - 17x52x17mm
>>
>> I know the 2RS means two rubber shields.
>> And the 6304 is the size.
>> While the C3 is the radial clearance.
>>
>> But what does the EHSR indicate?

> I don't think you *can* rebuild an alternator.
> You have to buy either a new one or one that is professionaly rebuilt.

Depending on the year it may not be re-buildable by someone without very
specific tools. Many newer units use spot welded connections that are
made during the build process. Even something that should be simple
(like replacing the brushes/bearings) becomes impossible for the average
DIYer.

--
Steve W.
Old August 18th 13, 03:27 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
T0m $herman

On 8/17/2013 2:08 PM, Mirfred Zhangheles wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 04:29:00 +0000, Misha wrote:
>
>> I'm planning on rebuilding my Bosch 120 amp alternator.
>> One of the two bearings is a 6304 EHSR 2RS1 c3 - 17x52x17mm
>>
>> I know the 2RS means two rubber shields.
>> And the 6304 is the size.
>> While the C3 is the radial clearance.
>>
>> But what does the EHSR indicate?

> I don't think you *can* rebuild an alternator.
> You have to buy either a new one or one that is professionaly rebuilt.
> If you rebuilt it it will brake within months.

Generally, only hybrid and fully electric vehicles use electrical
generation as a brake.

> plus its probabley illegal anyway without a license

In what country?

--
T0m $herm@n
Old August 18th 13, 08:28 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Mirfred Zhangheles

On Sat, 17 Aug 2013 21:27:45 -0500, T0m $herman wrote:

> In what country?

Russia.

Old August 25th 13, 12:39 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Zajac

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 04:29:00 +0000, Misha wrote:

> But what does the EHSR indicate?

You're asking a technical question on rec.autos.tech?
Don't hold your breath for an answer!

Old August 27th 13, 01:57 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
Jordan[_4_]

On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 11:39:34 +0000, Zajac wrote:

> You're asking a technical question on rec.autos.tech?
> Don't hold your breath for an answer!

I wish I could help you but this ng is mostly kids
talking about gas mileage and not automotive tech speak.

Alternator Bearing Marty Jeep 8 December 5th 06 03:18 AM
Honda Accord LX alternator intermittent - ECU or Alternator? [email protected] Honda 6 December 11th 05 01:42 AM
Bearing Races Question and Wheel Bearing Pack Question Kevin Holzer VW air cooled 3 June 11th 05 05:51 AM
Costs for repairing a spun bearing, rebuild or shortblock? Corky Scott Technology 8 April 14th 05 03:48 AM
Costs for repairing a spun bearing, rebuild or shortblock? Daniel J. Stern Chrysler 5 April 14th 05 03:48 AM