Before There Were Web Based Forums

Old February 8th 11, 05:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
fred67bug[_2_]

Default Before There Were Web Based Forums

It's interesting to be back and see some of the same names from the late 1990s when I first became aware of RAMVA. I got my 67 Beetle in 1998 and those were interesting times in the VW hobby.I now own 3 -67 beetles and a 64 Beetle with the crank open sunroof. My Father passed away 2 years ago and I inherited a fully restored Zenith Blue 67 and his daily driver 64.I may have to sell 2 of the cars as I don't have enough garage space.
My Savannah Beige 67 is going to turn over 100,000 miles as soon as I take it out again-I love that car! did top end rebuild and had the trans rebuilt 2 years ago-I take it on club rides-sometimes 500 miles in 1 day! (Boston Mass.+return to New Jersey in the same day-all at 70-75 mph-and no radio! Just love listening to the whine of the old air cooled 1500cc back there.
I want to keep the 64 Beetle as a daily driver-I look forward to being able to drive it in our NJ Winters.Our Winters pale in comparison to Finland,but this year has been extreme-more snow than we have seen in years-Gut Fahrt!
Old February 9th 11, 05:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John Connolly

The "King" title was intended to be passed on from individual to
individual, it wasn't supposed to stay in one place. This was to
promote/reward participation and helping others, not selfishly keeping
"the Crown" for perpetuity.

I love Jan, but c'mon.....

This is why when I had it, then got busy with "other stuff", I passed
it on to another worthy member of RAMVA.

Old February 9th 11, 07:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

Hey now, I never really fought to keep it, it just sort of stuck.... at
one point it was largely based on post count too, which said nothing of
the quality of the poster's contributions. A considerable number of my
posts were very brief and to the point, such as "LOL" or "ROTFLMAO:

I did do my fair share of helping others with valuable contributions
too, but there were easily a dozen more people just as worthy or more so
of the title.

I even offered to pass it on and tried to get rid of it, but nobody
wanted it! HA!

It's the royal responsibilities and demands and stress that comes with
the title that scared them off, I'm sure.

Jan

Old February 9th 11, 07:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

John Connolly wrote:
> The "King" title was intended to be passed on from individual to
> individual, it wasn't supposed to stay in one place. This was to
> promote/reward participation and helping others, not selfishly keeping
> "the Crown" for perpetuity.
>
> I love Jan, but c'mon.....
>
> This is why when I had it, then got busy with "other stuff", I passed
> it on to another worthy member of RAMVA.

P.s. I love you too John, but not in 'that' way I'm just not that
kind of a girl.
Old February 10th 11, 02:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Joey Tribiani[_2_]

"Jan Andersson" wrote in message ...

>P.s. I love you too John, but not in 'that' way I'm just not that kind
>of a girl.

that's not what word on the street(and written on the bathroom walls)
says....<G>

Old February 11th 11, 03:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
cletus

Seems the newsgroups were just a little work to find, set up your newsreader
and etc, kept some of the riff-raff out.

Everything worthwhile I ever got was from RAMVA, the new forums just
reguritate most of it with "know-it-all" spin.

Old February 12th 11, 09:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

"And the words of the prophets are written on a subway walk"?

All this talk of love makes me want to look up a "Social worker"
newsgroup.!.

Old February 12th 11, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Leary

"John" > wrote in message
> "And the words of the prophets are written on a subway walk"?

walls.

And the sign said, "The words of the prophets are written on the subway
walls
And tenement halls"

- Bill

Old February 13th 11, 05:13 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Your,re right, a few more dead brain cells!

Old February 13th 11, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Leary

There are good things about getting older. I just can't seem remember what
any of them are.

- Bill