What exactly does cold pressure mean?

Old December 8th 10, 02:26 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Tom Adams

Default What exactly does cold pressure mean?

On Dec 7, 9:34*pm, ChrisCoaster > wrote:
> On Dec 7, 12:19*pm, Tom Adams > wrote:
> *quoted text -
>
> > I think lots of people are listening. I tried to find a way to
> > activate DRLs on one of my cars, and I found tons of info on how to
> > deactivate them. Hide quoted text -

> _____________
> So why are you bucking the trend - by trying to activate them on that
> car?
>
> That doesn't sound like using brains a me!
>
> -ChrisCoaster

On the contrary, a minority of people use their brains.
Old May 7th 20, 12:18 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

I know, this thread is ten years old, but I noticed
something earlier in the conversation, and is
something I have personally experienced:

What if the O.P. Van's recommended cold
pressure was EQUAL to the max cold pressure
stamped on the tire? Same for a 1981 Buick
mid-size(Century I think), I drove while in
college. Both the recommended pressure
on the car, and the maximum cold pressure
on any tires I put on it at the time - OEM size
and speed rating - 35psi. lt happens,
probably more then than it ever would
nowadays, with passenger tire max cold
pressures minimum 44psi.

What do so in such scenario?
Old May 7th 20, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.tech

Tom Adams wrote:
>It's the recommended presssure in the rear
>tires. The recommendedpressure
>in the front tires is 60 psi.

>The Ford E350 is a weird vehicle.

_______
Not so much. Most vans and such light trucks run closer to max
tire pressure under the axle anticipated to carry the higher
percentage of max load - usually the rear.

A lower pressure is specified in the fronts for comfort, and to
prevenf oversteer and lend some steering feel.