Fastest Hunka Junk In The Galaxy

Old January 6th 06, 08:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Fastest Hunka Junk In The Galaxy

Talk about your interstellar hot rod...

http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=16902006

Warp drive has now been scientifically postulated by people who should know.

Hey, could those UFO's actually be really from somewhere else in the galaxy, in
spite of what the scientists have been telling us for years is impossible?

Dave Head
Old January 6th 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave Head wrote:

> Talk about your interstellar hot rod...
>
> http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=16902006
>
> Warp drive has now been scientifically postulated by people who should know.

The United States Gov't ?

The ones who thought Iraq had WMD ?

LMAO !

Graham

Old January 6th 06, 10:19 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Fri, 06 Jan 2006 10:06:22 +0000, Pooh Bear
> wrote:

>Dave Head wrote:
>
>> Talk about your interstellar hot rod...
>>
>> http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=16902006
>>
>> Warp drive has now been scientifically postulated by people who should know.

>The United States Gov't ?
>
>The ones who thought Iraq had WMD ?
>
>LMAO !
>
>Graham

Our scientists are much better than our spies, and our government scientists
seem to be more innovative than our private industry scientists (which have
mostly been fired in favor of using Indian scientists and Russian scientists
and Chinese scientists, etc., 'cuz they're cheaper, which is of course the
_only_ thing that counts.)

The EPA (as in _govt_ engineers and scientists) has patented the hydraulic
hybrid drive, now under development by the private industries that were too
lazy to invent it themselves. The thing will capture 82% of the braking energy
available, and greatly reduce brake wear, which makes it extremely interesting
to the trucking industries. Ford has an Expedition getting 33 mpg _around
town_, which is totally amazing.

The USAF has invented transparent aluminum - Aluminum OxyNitride. The stuff
will stop a 50 caliber bullet when used as bulletproof glass.

BTW, can you not be negative about _something_? Anything at all...

Dave Head

Old January 6th 06, 02:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Wow, that ****'s literally right out of Star Trek.... the 4th movie.

Old January 6th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 6 Jan 2006 06:25:00 -0800, "Larry Bud" > wrote:

>> The USAF has invented transparent aluminum - Aluminum OxyNitride. The stuff
>> will stop a 50 caliber bullet when used as bulletproof glass.

>Wow, that ****'s literally right out of Star Trek.... the 4th movie.

Yeppir! And them was Air Force scientists!!! Just love it.

The stuff is damn near scratchproof, too. Its real expensive, something like
$15 a square inch, but I _still_ want a set of eyeglasses made out of it.

Dave Head
Old January 6th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Dave Head wrote:
> Talk about your interstellar hot rod...
>
> http://news.scotsman.com/scitech.cfm?id=16902006
>
> Warp drive has now been scientifically postulated by people who should know.
>
> Hey, could those UFO's actually be really from somewhere else in the galaxy, in
> spite of what the scientists have been telling us for years is impossible?

Google TR3B black triangle. I think similiar technology is already
flying.

Old January 6th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >, Dave Head wrote:
> to the trucking industries. Ford has an Expedition getting 33 mpg _around
> town_, which is totally amazing.

hybrids are generally backwards from other vehicles mpg wise, their city
numbers are higher.

Old January 6th 06, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave Head, > was motivated to say this in
rec.autos.driving on Fri, 06 Jan 2006 08:50:48 GMT:
> Hey, could those UFO's actually be really from somewhere
> else in the galaxy, in spite of what the scientists have
> been telling us for years is impossible?

Who says it is impossible? The same scientists who in the '30's and
'40's said exceeding the speed of sound was impossible?

Just because our current known technology can't do it doesn't make it
impossible.
Old January 7th 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article . com>,
Larry Bud > wrote:
>> The USAF has invented transparent aluminum - Aluminum OxyNitride. The stuff
>> will stop a 50 caliber bullet when used as bulletproof glass.

>Wow, that ****'s literally right out of Star Trek.... the 4th movie.

It had already been invented at that point; the patent date is 1985.

result in a fully-depreciated one.
Old January 7th 06, 02:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article >,
Dave Head > wrote:
>On 6 Jan 2006 06:25:00 -0800, "Larry Bud" > wrote:
>
>>> The USAF has invented transparent aluminum - Aluminum OxyNitride. The stuff
>>> will stop a 50 caliber bullet when used as bulletproof glass.

>>Wow, that ****'s literally right out of Star Trek.... the 4th movie.

>Yeppir! And them was Air Force scientists!!! Just love it.

Raytheon scientists, actually.

>The stuff is damn near scratchproof, too. Its real expensive, something like
>$15 a square inch, but I _still_ want a set of eyeglasses made out of it.

Might want to check the abberation value first. A quick search online
doesn't find it. However, it looks like its refractive index can be kicked up
well above that of polycarbonate, and there's no way the FDA can bitch
about it failing the drop test!
result in a fully-depreciated one.