2 weird driving related local news stories in one day

Old December 29th 05, 05:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default 2 weird driving related local news stories in one day

On 28 Dec 2005 18:23:26 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>> >Could you explain that to my boss? He's been annoyed when the parking
>> >brake on a company owned vehicle has been left on by me, while parked.

>> What's your boss' name, and what's your business address? I'll be more
>> than happy to print out a copy of this thread and mail it to him...

>This morning, when I asked him if he saw the story on the news he
>immediately said, "Okay, now I see why you set the parking brake."

Kewl! Saves me a stamp.

>It's also come out that the girls 2 year old brother was still in the
>car, and may have accidentally released the parking brake or
>transmission. No official word yet though.

Sheyitt, now THAT would suck. Imagine going through your entire life
knowing you ran over your own sister? So now one child is dead and
another is going to be emotionally scarred for life, and all because
the dumb Paki parents were in too big a hurry to unload their SUV.

Old December 29th 05, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:10:57 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> wrote:

>Sheyitt, now THAT would suck. Imagine going through your entire life
>knowing you ran over your own sister? So now one child is dead and
>another is going to be emotionally scarred for life, and all because
>the dumb Paki parents were in too big a hurry to unload their SUV.

One would hope that nobody TELLS the 2-year old he killed his sister.
Old December 29th 05, 10:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

DTJ wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:10:57 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
> > wrote:
>
> >Sheyitt, now THAT would suck. Imagine going through your entire life
> >knowing you ran over your own sister? So now one child is dead and
> >another is going to be emotionally scarred for life, and all because
> >the dumb Paki parents were in too big a hurry to unload their SUV.

> One would hope that nobody TELLS the 2-year old he killed his sister.

I'm sure he'll see it through cartalk.com, then post on here in a few
weeks.

Dave

Old December 29th 05, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> "Dave" > wrote:
>>The officer approached the suspect, who threatened the officer with
>> a screwdriver, Diamond said. When the officer tried to back away,
>> the suspect continued to walk toward the officer, forcing the officer
>> to open fire, Diamond said.

> If ever there was a justifiable police shooting, that one's gotta be it.

There was a case here where a guy was chocka with
methamphetamine, and went down the main street of
his town smashing car windows with a baseball bat.
The police arrived and the guy rushed one of the cops
with his bat raised. The cop shot the guy dead.

So far so good, you might think. But all the loser's friends
kicked up the biggest stink you've ever seen. "Oh he was
a good guy" "It was only a baseball bat" "He was still 10
feet away" "Why did you have to shoot 3 times". They tried
to get the cop charged with murder, but luckily nothing
came of it.

Old December 30th 05, 03:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Dave wrote:

> http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...7childhit.html

> ...and a transient throwing rocks at traffic on
> I-5 who was shot to death. I really, really hope LBMHB was the
> transient, but we'd never be that lucky. Even if it sounds like a
> ranting tweaker, chances are it isn't with how often it can post.

I'm really getting tired of hearing about one or more cops shooting
somebody brandishing a knife or screwdriver or scissors at them, generally
a disorganized loon of some sort rather than a practiced knife-fighter.
Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just issue nets to be thrown over the
hapless lunatic? How about just backing away? I realize that goes
against the Cop Code of SuperMachismo, but sometimes these people have
relatives and it's OUR tax money that the judge/jury awards the relatives
and their lawyers.

OTOH, a few years back a "transient" set fire to the San Gabriel mountains
because the fire he started in a canyon in a windstorm to keep warm
escaped. HE deserves shooting, but NOOOOO...

--
Cheers, Bev
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Old December 30th 05, 05:01 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

The Real Bev wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>
> > http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/m...7childhit.html

> > ...and a transient throwing rocks at traffic on
> > I-5 who was shot to death. I really, really hope LBMHB was the
> > transient, but we'd never be that lucky. Even if it sounds like a
> > ranting tweaker, chances are it isn't with how often it can post.

> I'm really getting tired of hearing about one or more cops shooting
> somebody brandishing a knife or screwdriver or scissors at them, generally
> a disorganized loon of some sort rather than a practiced knife-fighter.
> Wouldn't it be a lot simpler to just issue nets to be thrown over the
> hapless lunatic? How about just backing away? I realize that goes
> against the Cop Code of SuperMachismo, but sometimes these people have
> relatives and it's OUR tax money that the judge/jury awards the relatives
> and their lawyers.

If Batman would only give away the secrets of his nets to police, we
could all be safe and alive. But he won't. That makes me wonder how
far should the cop have to back up if someone charges them with a shiny
metal object in their hand? Should the cop apologize for bothering
them and leave? Don't we give cops guns for a reason?

This guy was throwing rocks at cars, then gets stopped while walking on
the freeway, and within 60 seconds of when the cop first encounters
him, he charges with a screwdriver and gets shot. Exactly what should
happen.

A screwdriver, knife, and scissors all can easily kill someone. If A.
Nutjob is willing to go at a cop, who Mr. Nutjob knows has a gun, with
a screwdriver what will Mr. Nutjob do to someone whom it can safely be
assumed in California is unarmed?

Maybe a taser would have worked, but I'll bet there's a reason it
wasn't used. Or, maybe it was, and the officer involved realized the
taser wouldn't stop this particular transient.

Dave

Old December 30th 05, 09:50 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article .com>,
"Dave" > says:

>http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/n...sbadshoot.html

I got caught in the gazillion-mile backup resulting from this! 2hrs to
go some 15 miles.

-Kenny

--
Kenneth R. Crudup Sr. SW Engineer, Scott County Consulting, Los Angeles
H: 3630 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #138, L.A., CA 90034-6809 (310) 391-1898
Old December 30th 05, 11:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 29 Dec 2005 14:11:43 -0800, "Dave" > wrote:

>DTJ wrote:
>> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 09:10:57 -0800, Scott en Aztlán
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >Sheyitt, now THAT would suck. Imagine going through your entire life
>> >knowing you ran over your own sister? So now one child is dead and
>> >another is going to be emotionally scarred for life, and all because
>> >the dumb Paki parents were in too big a hurry to unload their SUV.

>> One would hope that nobody TELLS the 2-year old he killed his sister.

>I'm sure he'll see it through cartalk.com, then post on here in a few
>weeks.

HUGE ASS GRIN
Old December 30th 05, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

On 29 Dec 2005 14:25:48 -0800, "Old Wolf" >
wrote:

>There was a case here where a guy was chocka with
>methamphetamine, and went down the main street of
>his town smashing car windows with a baseball bat.
>The police arrived and the guy rushed one of the cops
>with his bat raised. The cop shot the guy dead.
>
>So far so good, you might think. But all the loser's friends
>kicked up the biggest stink you've ever seen. "Oh he was
>a good guy" "It was only a baseball bat" "He was still 10
>feet away" "Why did you have to shoot 3 times". They tried
>to get the cop charged with murder, but luckily nothing
>came of it.

I am pretty picky about this issue. I have to say that I also would
question this. However, based on only what you presented here, if
nothing else was learned I would side with the cop. I do feel that
they need to stop resorting to deadly force so quickly though.

The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
Subject: Traffic School - online traffic school experience response [email protected] Corvette 0 October 9th 04 05:56 PM
Are japs controlling the Blue Ribbon Coalition? Sportsmen Against Bush 4x4 6 December 20th 03 03:58 AM