GPS Tracking Coming to a DMV Near You

Old December 28th 05, 07:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

Default GPS Tracking Coming to a DMV Near You

In article >,
says...

>While Pentagon wonks talk about permanent war you worry about having
>your bag checked?

Allowing your bags to be checked by any schmuck who asks is the same as a
permanent war. It's the government treating you like the enemy. Open your
eyes and you will see how a few idiots in the government are eroding your
rights.
-----------
Alex

Old December 28th 05, 07:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

["Followup-To:" header set to misc.transport.urban-transit.]

Martin Edwards > wrote:
> DaveW wrote:

> > First you make the assumption that privately owned means corporate owned,

> I understood him to mean that it would turn out that way, not that it
> was by definition the same thing.

This is correct, I think.

> > Second, you assume that Corporations (limited liability companies)
> > themselves are not creations of government.

> Quite obviously they are not, and not all limited libility companies are
> corporations. A private company becomes a corporation when it sells
> shares on the stock market, though in practice there is more to it than
> that. This can be quite important.

But this is not.

Corporations are not (necessarily) arms of the state, but they are indeed
"creations" of the state. Corporations exist because the state recognizes
them, and only because the state recognizes them.

> A boss may choose to take reduced
> profits for whatever reason: a corporation is *legally* obliged to
> maximize profits.

This is (mostly) true, but not relevant to the issue of corporations
being a creation of the state. I say 'mostly' because there are
different types of corporations, including both publicly traded and
privately held. A privately held corporation is obligated only to do
what its owners want it to do (which may or may not be to maximize
profits).

--
greg byshenk - - Leiden, NL
Old December 28th 05, 10:19 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

In article >, Alex Rodriguez wrote:
> Just pay with cash. No way to track that.

It will just cost no less than double. Then, after a period of time it
will be determined that there are too few people using the cash option so
that the price has to tripple or the option done away with entirely.

Old December 29th 05, 01:42 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

>>They have that covered. The Boston Herald reports today
>>that the MBTA's new electronic fare collection system
>>will keep use records for two years. You can pay extra
>>to have a pass that is harder to automatically link to
>>you. New York has been using passes to track subway users
>>for years.

> Just pay with cash. No way to track that.
> ------------------
> Alex

Simple solution to that loophole . . . nobody gets on without the pass.
Nobody buys the pass without presenting ID. Pay with cash and they STILL
know who you are, and have your name linked to the pass. -Dave

Old December 29th 05, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

"Mike T." > writes:

>>>They have that covered. The Boston Herald reports today
>>>that the MBTA's new electronic fare collection system
>>>will keep use records for two years. You can pay extra
>>>to have a pass that is harder to automatically link to
>>>you. New York has been using passes to track subway users
>>>for years.

>> Just pay with cash. No way to track that.

>Simple solution to that loophole . . . nobody gets on without the pass.
>Nobody buys the pass without presenting ID. Pay with cash and they STILL
>know who you are, and have your name linked to the pass. -Dave

Probably works fine where everybody's assumed to be a criminal.
\ / ASCII ribbon campaign | German words of the year 2005:
X against HTML mail | Bundeskanzlerin Tsunami Gammelfleisch
/ \ and postings | Sadly, in that order.
Old December 29th 05, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.urban-transit

>>Simple solution to that loophole . . . nobody gets on without the pass.
>>Nobody buys the pass without presenting ID. Pay with cash and they STILL
>>know who you are, and have your name linked to the pass. -Dave

> Probably works fine where everybody's assumed to be a criminal.
> --

Oh, I thought we were talking about the United States. I guess you were
talking about a country where everybody is NOT assumed to be a
riminal???? -Dave