NB air bag

Old January 15th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default NB air bag

Guys, (and gals of course) I'm wondering how much it might cost to purchase
the drivers side air bag for a NB. Also, how few and far between they might
be to come along.

I love the Nardi NB steering wheel, have the opportunity to purchase one
very reasonable but w/o the air bag.

Help!

Chris
99BBB

Old January 16th 06, 01:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

What about the air bag in your current steering wheel?

Old January 17th 06, 01:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

I'm assuming that it's a different bag, I guess I could be wrong. My 99 has
the weirdest steering wheel (OEM), I guess because it's a "base" car but
it's a 4 spoker. I'm thinking the 3 spoke wheel has a sort of triangular
bag. Correct?

Thanks,
Chris
99BBB

Old January 17th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
> I'm assuming that it's a different bag, I guess I could be wrong. My 99 has
> the weirdest steering wheel (OEM), I guess because it's a "base" car but
> it's a 4 spoker. I'm thinking the 3 spoke wheel has a sort of triangular
> bag. Correct?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris
> 99BBB

Here is a pic of the 3-spoke steering wheel.

http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/miata/2.jpg

The only thing that I can think of other than paying the outrageous
factory price for a new airbag is to keep an eye out on Ebay and
miata.net classifieds.

I saw this steering wheel with airbag on miata.net for $100.00 a long
time ago. I should have bought it, but I passed because it wouldn't go
on the '96M.

Pat
Old January 17th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws wrote:

> Here is a pic of the 3-spoke steering wheel.
>
> http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/miata/2.jpg

What a pretty steering wheel.
Old January 17th 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Dana H. Myers wrote:
> pws wrote:
>

>>Here is a pic of the 3-spoke steering wheel.
>>
>>http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/miata/2.jpg

> What a pretty steering wheel.

Is that not the one in your 2002?

Pat
Old January 17th 06, 08:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws wrote:
> Dana H. Myers wrote:
>> pws wrote:
>>

>>> Here is a pic of the 3-spoke steering wheel.
>>>
>>> http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/miata/2.jpg

>> What a pretty steering wheel.

> Is that not the one in your 2002?

As a matter of fact, it is. No wonder I think it's pretty.

;-)
Old January 17th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Dana H. Myers wrote:

> As a matter of fact, it is. No wonder I think it's pretty.
>
> ;-)

Definitely among the best-looking factory airbag-equipped steering
wheels that I have seen on any car at any price.

The steering wheel change is probably my number one complaint on the
2006 model.

Good luck on finding an airbag Chris!
I always thought that all of the M2's/NB's came with the Nardi 3-spoke
steering wheel. Now I know better.

Chris, have you tried a "wanted to buy" ad on miata.net classifieds? You
might find someone selling the whole steering wheel/airbag combo at a
good price if they have replaced their wheel with a Momo-type.

Pat
Old January 17th 06, 06:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Dana H. Myers" > wrote in message
> pws wrote:
>
>> Here is a pic of the 3-spoke steering wheel.
>>
>> http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/miata/2.jpg

> What a pretty steering wheel.

My Gawd... It's only a steering wheel !!!!!
<<<---{ LOL }--->>>

--
I work for the ILEC ...." stuff happens! "

Old January 17th 06, 06:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Remove This wrote:

> "Dana H. Myers" > wrote in message
>> pws wrote:
>>
>>> Here is a pic of the 3-spoke steering wheel.
>>>
>>> http://www.angelfire.com/amiga2/miata/2.jpg

>> What a pretty steering wheel.

> My Gawd... It's only a steering wheel !!!!!

You're right!!! How could I be so shallow?

What a pretty car.

Dana