Forza Car List

Old May 7th 05, 12:57 AM
Dave

In article >, theOne > wrote:

>I forgot to mention. Its too bad American doesn't make enuff racers that
> aren't clunky gas guzzlers with iimited naturally apsirated engines,
>otherwise, the Forza developers may have realeased more. Gimme more and
>more Skylines. Properly equipped, they'll spank the **** out of a viper,
>GTO, Mustang, or VET any day!

Uhh, yeah, sure, whatever you say ...
Old May 7th 05, 02:06 AM
theOne

Dave wrote:
> In article >, theOne > wrote:
>

>>I forgot to mention. Its too bad American doesn't make enuff racers that
>> aren't clunky gas guzzlers with iimited naturally apsirated engines,
>>otherwise, the Forza developers may have realeased more. Gimme more and
>>more Skylines. Properly equipped, they'll spank the **** out of a viper,
>>GTO, Mustang, or VET any day!

> Uhh, yeah, sure, whatever you say ...

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V Spec with over 700 horses of terror?....ur
right! There isn't any argument there
Old May 7th 05, 02:15 AM
Dave

In article >, Omega X > wrote:

>Biased? How so? That game plenty European cars and American cars. Maybe
>it was easier for them to get licenses for the Japanese cars than the
>other companies.

Maybe, but that's still a bias.

And I do admit the game has a very fine selection of cars.
Complaining is sort of case of looking the gift horse, but since
this is the internet and that's our way ...

A quick scan shows:

27 Hondas/Acuras
20 Nissans
27 Toyota/Lexus
11 Mazdas
10 Mitsubishis

In total, about 105 from Japan.

I guess I'm "biased" by seeing 7 Evo's, 8 Skyline GT-R's, 8
Supras, 5 RX-7's, 7 NSX's. Am I the only one playing GT4 who
is avoiding all of these? I'm so tired of them. Add just those
up and it equals the TOTAL of the American cars. Even 7 Integras!

The only US car that gets coverage like that is the Corvette, and
it has 50 years of history to cover. To be fair, I'm pretty happy
with their choice of American cars, but surely it would be a lot
larger if covered with the same devotion and depth as the
Japanese?

As to Europe, I love the coverage of Porsche and Ferrari. That
alone makes this game a must-have. Conversely, BMW gets barely
any (4 race cars). Renault & Peugeot one, Citroen none, Fiat none.
Meanwhile, they give us the Acura CL Type-S, but no stock
3-series.

Much more balanced than GT, but can still go a ways.

>Plus Japanese cars like Honda and Toyota aren't so
>"Japanese" anymore. Honda alone has about 6 plants here in America with
>one being in Canada. I don't even want to know how many Toyota has here
>because I know its a lot.

I think about 70% of the Japanese cars sold in the US/North
America are now made in the US (or North America). That is not
what we were referring to. If you still insist, I'll concede the
point and modify it to "traditional American and European brands".
Old May 7th 05, 02:57 AM
theOne

Dave wrote:
> In article >, Omega X > wrote:
>

>>Biased? How so? That game plenty European cars and American cars. Maybe
>>it was easier for them to get licenses for the Japanese cars than the
>>other companies.

> Maybe, but that's still a bias.
>
> And I do admit the game has a very fine selection of cars.
> Complaining is sort of case of looking the gift horse, but since
> this is the internet and that's our way ...
>
> A quick scan shows:
>
> 27 Hondas/Acuras
> 20 Nissans
> 27 Toyota/Lexus
> 11 Mazdas
> 10 Mitsubishis
>
> In total, about 105 from Japan.
>
> I guess I'm "biased" by seeing 7 Evo's, 8 Skyline GT-R's, 8
> Supras, 5 RX-7's, 7 NSX's. Am I the only one playing GT4 who
> is avoiding all of these? I'm so tired of them. Add just those
> up and it equals the TOTAL of the American cars. Even 7 Integras!
>
> The only US car that gets coverage like that is the Corvette, and
> it has 50 years of history to cover. To be fair, I'm pretty happy
> with their choice of American cars, but surely it would be a lot
> larger if covered with the same devotion and depth as the
> Japanese?
>
> As to Europe, I love the coverage of Porsche and Ferrari. That
> alone makes this game a must-have. Conversely, BMW gets barely
> any (4 race cars). Renault & Peugeot one, Citroen none, Fiat none.
> Meanwhile, they give us the Acura CL Type-S, but no stock
> 3-series.
>
> Much more balanced than GT, but can still go a ways.
>

>>Plus Japanese cars like Honda and Toyota aren't so
>>"Japanese" anymore. Honda alone has about 6 plants here in America with
>>one being in Canada. I don't even want to know how many Toyota has here
>>because I know its a lot.

> I think about 70% of the Japanese cars sold in the US/North
> America are now made in the US (or North America). That is not
> what we were referring to. If you still insist, I'll concede the
> point and modify it to "traditional American and European brands".

Bitch, bitch, bitch, I hear Ford Mustang Racing calling you
Competitive Street Cars and new American cars shouldn't be used in the
same sentence. They got the Vette, the Ford GT, Mustang, GTO, Camaros,
Chryslers, that craptacular Neon. What else is there?
Old May 7th 05, 03:37 AM
Keith Schiffner

"Rob Berryhill" > wrote
in message
et...
> For those that have been asking, here is the
> complete car list for
> Forza:
>
> From
> http://www.xbox.com/en-US/news/20050117/forza.htm

Interesting they didn't include the ONE car that
would most likely win every race it was entered
in. Against all comers I might add...I submit the
"Porsche 917/30" as driven by Mark Donahue. 8^)
IMO the most kick ass car ever...

Damn it have have GOT to convince the wife I need
the game. Groceries can wait...

--
Keith Schiffner
Assistant to the Assistant Undersecretary of the

Old May 7th 05, 10:11 AM
Dave

In article > , theOne > wrote:

>Bitch, bitch, bitch, I hear Ford Mustang Racing calling you

Well, Ford Racing 3 is only $14.99 :-) But I work for GM ;-)

>Competitive Street Cars and new American cars shouldn't be used in the
>same sentence. They got the Vette, the Ford GT, Mustang, GTO, Camaros,
>Chryslers, that craptacular Neon. What else is there?

Well, since it seems that if the Evo changes the ashtray design,
it gets a new designation, and addition to these games (esp
GT-series), I'd like them to include a C4 'Vette, a non-Z06 C5
'Vette, a C3, a '59-'62. I'll let the Ford folk speak for
themselves :-)

Hey, just noticed they have an '04 Camry Solara. Man, can't wait
to try out that baby!

Seriously, it is a well-chosen list of cars. I do like their
selective inclusion of older cars (though I miss my older gen
'Lude). If I had the choice, I would have foregone 35 versions of
EvoWRXGT-R in favor of more euro brands. But even as is, the mix
is better than GT4's larger list.
Old May 7th 05, 11:40 AM
Obake

In article >, "Jeremy Reaban" > wrote:
>Rob Berryhill wrote:
>> For those that have been asking, here is the complete car list for
>> Forza:

><snip>
>
>It's too bad an American developed driving game has so few American
>cars...

when the US start making good racers they'd get featured in games US like
to make and drive SUV's but there aren't THAT many that can be concidered good
racers.

someone mentioned ~70% of cars featured are built in JAP and EUROPE but thats
who make the majority of cars on the road.
Old May 7th 05, 04:20 PM
theOne

Dave wrote:
> In article > , theOne > wrote:
>

>>Bitch, bitch, bitch, I hear Ford Mustang Racing calling you

> Well, Ford Racing 3 is only $14.99 :-) But I work for GM ;-)
>

>>Competitive Street Cars and new American cars shouldn't be used in the
>>same sentence. They got the Vette, the Ford GT, Mustang, GTO, Camaros,
>>Chryslers, that craptacular Neon. What else is there?

> Well, since it seems that if the Evo changes the ashtray design,
> it gets a new designation, and addition to these games (esp
> GT-series), I'd like them to include a C4 'Vette, a non-Z06 C5
> 'Vette, a C3, a '59-'62. I'll let the Ford folk speak for
> themselves :-)
>
> Hey, just noticed they have an '04 Camry Solara. Man, can't wait
> to try out that baby!
>
> Seriously, it is a well-chosen list of cars. I do like their
> selective inclusion of older cars (though I miss my older gen
> 'Lude). If I had the choice, I would have foregone 35 versions of
> EvoWRXGT-R in favor of more euro brands. But even as is, the mix
> is better than GT4's larger list.

okay, you have a point with the solara... IMO,I think it boils down to a
couple of things. As you know, popularitiy with Japanese branded cars
has skyrocketed for the last 5 years or so. *Most* people don't even
consider American sports cars when buying a car ('cept for maybe the
recent hype in say the 'stangs armerican sports cars have been dead).
And Euros are just too expensive and generaally less bang for your buck
unless you're going
high end. I think in incorporating more of those cars, they'd have
people bitching from the other side of the fence cuz hey, why ruin a
already proven method? GT has been selling like hotcakes for years; the
devs knew they couldn't go wrong with japanese cars. What low end to mid
end cars does Europe make? Also there is the "upgradeability" of lower
end Japanese cars that people like. Turbine kits are funner than
Superchargers

GM huh? Is that the GM that lost over a billion dollars in the red last
year

BTW, don't bull****, there are quite a few differnt type Lancers in teh
Market. Forza incorporated only seven, and *six* Dodge Vipers. I think
you're exagerating! Soccer moms want to pimp their Solaras too!
Old May 7th 05, 11:34 PM
Boody Bandit

"theOne" > wrote in message
m...
> Dave wrote:
> > In article >, theOne

> wrote:
> >

> >>I forgot to mention. Its too bad American doesn't make enuff racers that
> >> aren't clunky gas guzzlers with iimited naturally apsirated engines,
> >>otherwise, the Forza developers may have realeased more. Gimme more and
> >>more Skylines. Properly equipped, they'll spank the **** out of a viper,
> >>GTO, Mustang, or VET any day!

> > Uhh, yeah, sure, whatever you say ...

> Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V Spec with over 700 horses of terror?....ur
> right! There isn't any argument there

I have a 69 Camaro wtih 750+ horses and I don't even have it topped out yet
:-)
It's a rocket ship but hard as hell to keep on a road with a lot of sharp
turns.

Old May 7th 05, 11:37 PM
theOne

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "theOne" > wrote in message
> m...
>
>>Dave wrote:

>>>Uhh, yeah, sure, whatever you say ...

>>Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V Spec with over 700 horses of terror?....ur
>>right! There isn't any argument there

> I have a 69 Camaro wtih 750+ horses and I don't even have it topped out yet
> :-)
> It's a rocket ship but hard as hell to keep on a road with a lot of sharp
> turns.

I bet old 'bessie is all over the asphalt I guess you won the classic
car competition. What'd you race it with?