Red momo making odd noise?

Old December 11th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
pugpep

Default Red momo making odd noise?

Gday ppl
My trusty red momo which has worked faultlessly since new has developed an
odd noise while using it.I have taken off the cover and noticed the small
electric motor (which i think is the feedback motor)is very loose.Before i
start pulling it apart to much has anyone had this prob? and if so how they
fixed it?

cheers ppl and thanks in advance
Staf

Old December 11th 06, 01:05 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Jone T.

pugpep wrote:
> Gday ppl
> My trusty red momo which has worked faultlessly since new has
> developed an odd noise while using it.I have taken off the cover and
> noticed the small electric motor (which i think is the feedback
> motor)is very loose.Before i start pulling it apart to much has
> anyone had this prob? and if so how they fixed it?

Someone has made a very good tutorial for this. Could not find it in an
instant but I'm sure you'll find it if you spend a little bit of time on
google. Or maybe search RSC.
Remember to put some of that glue-like stuff on the screws to to fix them
for good.

Jone .

Old December 11th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ed White

"Jone T." <jone> wrote in message ...
> pugpep wrote:
>> Gday ppl
>> My trusty red momo which has worked faultlessly since new has
>> developed an odd noise while using it.I have taken off the cover and
>> noticed the small electric motor (which i think is the feedback
>> motor)is very loose.Before i start pulling it apart to much has
>> anyone had this prob? and if so how they fixed it?
>>

> Someone has made a very good tutorial for this. Could not find it in an
> instant but I'm sure you'll find it if you spend a little bit of time on
> google. Or maybe search RSC.
> Remember to put some of that glue-like stuff on the screws to to fix them
> for good.
>
> Jone .

pug,
You are on the right track, the retaining screws for the motor had an issue
with loosening up, from the factory, as Jone said, use a little Loctite on
the screw to keep it from backing off, you will notice the difference in the
wheels' performance once everything is tight again.
I THINK I found the tutorial Jone mentioned thru the Wingman forum here
http://www.wingmanteam.com/discus/me...rd-topics.html
it was a pretty detailed explanation of how to disassemble/reassemble the
wheel.

Ed

Old December 11th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Private Cow of Funk

"Ed White" > wrote in message

> "Jone T." <jone> wrote in message ...
>> pugpep wrote:
>>> Gday ppl
>>> My trusty red momo which has worked faultlessly since new has
>>> developed an odd noise while using it.I have taken off the cover and
>>> noticed the small electric motor (which i think is the feedback
>>> motor)is very loose.Before i start pulling it apart to much has
>>> anyone had this prob? and if so how they fixed it?
>>>

>> Someone has made a very good tutorial for this. Could not find it in an
>> instant but I'm sure you'll find it if you spend a little bit of time on
>> google. Or maybe search RSC.
>> Remember to put some of that glue-like stuff on the screws to to fix them
>> for good.
>>
>> Jone .

> pug,
> You are on the right track, the retaining screws for the motor had an
> issue with loosening up, from the factory, as Jone said, use a little
> Loctite on the screw to keep it from backing off, you will notice the
> difference in the wheels' performance once everything is tight again.
> I THINK I found the tutorial Jone mentioned thru the Wingman forum here
> http://www.wingmanteam.com/discus/me...rd-topics.html
> it was a pretty detailed explanation of how to disassemble/reassemble the
> wheel.
>
> Ed

There's an old joke that can be applied here about the nut holding the wheel
but one shall refrain.

Old December 11th 06, 01:46 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Larry[_1_]

That would be lock-tight. Do NOT use the red stuff Use the BLUE stuff.

-Larry

Old December 12th 06, 07:46 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
pugpep

"Larry" > wrote in message
> That would be lock-tight. Do NOT use the red stuff Use the BLUE
> stuff.
>
> -Larry
>
> "Jone T." <jone> wrote in message ...
>> pugpep wrote:
>>> Gday ppl
>>> My trusty red momo which has worked faultlessly since new has
>>> developed an odd noise while using it.I have taken off the cover and
>>> noticed the small electric motor (which i think is the feedback
>>> motor)is very loose.Before i start pulling it apart to much has
>>> anyone had this prob? and if so how they fixed it?
>>>

>> Someone has made a very good tutorial for this. Could not find it in an
>> instant but I'm sure you'll find it if you spend a little bit of time on
>> google. Or maybe search RSC.
>> Remember to put some of that glue-like stuff on the screws to to fix them
>> for good.
>>
>> Jone .

Thanks ppl

Staf

Old December 12th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
pugpep

"pugpep" > wrote in message

> "Larry" > wrote in message
>> That would be lock-tight. Do NOT use the red stuff Use the BLUE
>> stuff.
>>
>> -Larry

>>> Someone has made a very good tutorial for this. Could not find it in an
>>> instant but I'm sure you'll find it if you spend a little bit of time on
>>> google. Or maybe search RSC.
>>> Remember to put some of that glue-like stuff on the screws to to fix
>>> them for good.
>>>
>>> Jone .
>>>

> Thanks ppl
>
> Staf

After sifting through the wingman forums i found this
http://murchisons.net/f1

It was a great help

cheers ppl
Staf

Old December 14th 06, 02:49 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Plowboy

All I have to say is, thank god I bought the Sidewinder, what a chore that
looks like! Oh well.