humming noise in 1992 Jeep Wrangler

Old August 1st 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Ka'imi

Default humming noise in 1992 Jeep Wrangler

Once in awhile I am driving along and I hear a humming noise coming from
under the rear area behind the drivers seat area. It hummmmms along and then
it just stops after a long while.

Does anyone know what the heck this is?

Aloha from Vegas,

Stan

Old August 2nd 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
PeterD

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 11:23:26 -0700, "Ka'imi" > wrote:

>Once in awhile I am driving along and I hear a humming noise coming from
>under the rear area behind the drivers seat area. It hummmmms along and then
>it just stops after a long while.
>
>Does anyone know what the heck this is?
>
>Aloha from Vegas,
>
>Stan

It forgets the words?

Is the humming speed dependent?
Is the humming starting and stoping abruptly or fades in and out?
Does it vary because of fuel level in tank?

I'd guess the fuel pump may be failing, but that is a WAG.
Old August 4th 06, 08:01 AM posted to rec.autos.4x4
dunndunn

i'd say if it's also vibration your drive shaft might need ajustments
nothing bad