A Note for "Dad"

Old March 20th 05, 03:48 AM
Scubabix

Default A Note for "Dad"

Since I bought my 96 Coupe last April, I think it has been you posting about
the shaking/twisting of the C-4's. Honestly, I thought you were just
bitching about something minor. The first time I drove it with the roof
off, I 'd only had it a week or so and didn't know the feel of the car very
well. Last week I took it off again. Wow, now I know what you mean. I
still love the car and don't usually worry about taking the top off, but man
what a change it makes in the feel of the car with it off. I guess I'll
just have to deal with it until I get my 78 back on the road or buy a C-6.

Rob
78 & 96 Coupes (red of course)

Old March 20th 05, 03:52 AM
SkyhawkXP

On Sat, 19 Mar 2005 22:48:52 -0500, "Scubabix" >
opined:

>Since I bought my 96 Coupe last April, I think it has been you posting about
>the shaking/twisting of the C-4's. Honestly, I thought you were just
>bitching about something minor. The first time I drove it with the roof
>off, I 'd only had it a week or so and didn't know the feel of the car very
>well. Last week I took it off again. Wow, now I know what you mean. I
>still love the car and don't usually worry about taking the top off, but man
>what a change it makes in the feel of the car with it off. I guess I'll
>just have to deal with it until I get my 78 back on the road or buy a C-6.
>
>Rob
>78 & 96 Coupes (red of course)

The C5 is a solid car also. Couldn't believe the handling and the
sturdiness over our C4.
--
SkyhawkXP
Seize the pleasures of the moment,
Old March 20th 05, 06:22 AM
Dad

"Scubabix" > wrote in message
news
> Since I bought my 96 Coupe last April, I think it has been you posting
> about the shaking/twisting of the C-4's. Honestly, I thought you were
> just bitching about something minor. The first time I drove it with the
> roof off, I 'd only had it a week or so and didn't know the feel of the
> car very well. Last week I took it off again. Wow, now I know what you
> mean. I still love the car and don't usually worry about taking the top
> off, but man what a change it makes in the feel of the car with it off. I
> guess I'll just have to deal with it until I get my 78 back on the road or
> buy a C-6.
>
> Rob
> 78 & 96 Coupes (red of course)

I'm sure sometimes I am bitching but I was just very disappointed and have
said so. I wanted a Corvette in the worst way and thought that the C4 was
just that, the worst way. My Corvette ownership had a 24 year hole in it
while I shuffled kids around in stationwagons and a van. I even drove one of
the C4s and just couldn't stand the shake. It took a few more years before I
couldn't stand not having one and bought the '92. Over the years I got use
to it although I didn't like it, then I drove the new C5. My order went in
that day, Monday May 5th, 1997, it arrived Thursday Oct. 30, 1997 as a 1998.
I'm not as disappointed in the C6 as it might sound some times, the big
difference between the C4 and the C5 had my expectations set a little higher
than GM had set theirs between the C5 and the C6. If I can survive a few
more years I hope to have a C7, by then they might change the generation by
offering a new color.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old March 20th 05, 08:30 PM
Bob G

wrote:

>Since I bought my 96 Coupe last April, I think it has been you posting about
>the shaking/twisting of the C-4's. Honestly, I thought you were just
>bitching about something minor. The first time I drove it with the roof
>off, I 'd only had it a week or so and didn't know the feel of the car very
>well. Last week I took it off again. Wow, now I know what you mean. I
>still love the car and don't usually worry about taking the top off, but man
>what a change it makes in the feel of the car with it off. I guess I'll
>just have to deal with it until I get my 78 back on the road or buy a C-6.
>
>Rob
>78 & 96 Coupes (red of course)

====================
Sincd Dad "invented" the term Flexable Flyer" I have adopted it
also...

But It has been at least 5 years since I had the roof panel off y
95...and then it was only to switch the solid top off and put the
glass top on.... AND this is after I installed the cross brace from
a convertible on my car...

Bob Griffiths

Old March 20th 05, 08:33 PM
RicSeyler

He's old..............that's just his Parkinson, not the car.
LOL ;-)

Scubabix wrote:

>Since I bought my 96 Coupe last April, I think it has been you posting about
>the shaking/twisting of the C-4's.

--
Ric Seyler
'94 6 Speed Ragtop.

Old March 20th 05, 09:37 PM
Dad

Of course Bob is old, never questioned that.
--

Life is a sexually transmitted condition that is always fatal.

.. .

Old March 21st 05, 01:04 AM
Bob G

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:37:25 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:

>Of course Bob is old, never questioned that.

==============
Well I can remember turning 60...but It did take me more then 3 to 6
seconds to do it...

Bob Griffiths

Old March 21st 05, 01:55 AM
Paul

Bob G wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:37:25 -0500, "Dad" > wrote:
>

>>Of course Bob is old, never questioned that.

> ==============
> Well I can remember turning 60...but It did take me more then 3 to 6
> seconds to do it...
>
> Bob Griffiths

Wow, turning 60 in 3 seconds is really quite impressive unless you are
going downhill more than you are willing to admit. (However, it's all
downhill after 17!)

Paul.
Old March 21st 05, 04:22 PM
RicSeyler

LOLOL!! ;-)

Old March 22nd 05, 07:38 PM
JOEVET

I had the top off for a good 2 weeks last summer. ('86)Should I be
concerned about doing this? It does not appear to have affected anything as
far as I can tell. Also ,quick question--the outer door seal- is it just
the three rivets holding it on.I want to replace them but have not dealt
with rivets too often. thanks,

joe

news