MAF & cold air kit fits?

Old April 13th 08, 12:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default MAF & cold air kit fits?

Ive sent to summitracing but wont hear back till next week. Someone
must know this.

In the middle of a project, Ive got a BBK #1557 cold air kit sitting
on the floor, because of situation change I need to upgrade my fuel
injectors and MAF. The BBK site says this cold air kit wont fit
aftermarket MAFs. The summit site says that the Granatelli MAF is 90mm
and will require mods to the air tube, but suggested part is the same
BBK cold air kit. And the Granatelli site says the MAF is a stock OEM
replacement whether its 19lb or 24lb calibrated.

So who is telling the truth? If I get 24lb injectors, matching
Granatelli MAF, will it fit my BBK cold air kit that I already have?

Thanks,
Old April 16th 08, 03:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
gernic

What year/engine is the car ?

90 mm seems too big, you could have stability problems, engine rpm hunting,
etc
I have 24lb injectors with a 75 mm and got it tuned.
If a 5.0, no need to bother with cold air, it already is.

Old April 16th 08, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
WindsorFox[_4_]

gernic wrote:
> What year/engine is the car ?
>
> 90 mm seems too big, you could have stability problems, engine rpm hunting,
> etc
> I have 24lb injectors with a 75 mm and got it tuned.
> If a 5.0, no need to bother with cold air, it already is.

Mine is either 75 or 80. And I was told I'd be good even if I added
a blower.

--

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous

Old April 16th 08, 03:11 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

On Apr 15, 9:40*pm, "gernic" > wrote:
> What year/engine is the car ?
>
> 90 mm seems too big, you could have stability problems, engine rpm hunting,
> etc
> I have 24lb injectors with a 75 mm and got it tuned.
> If a 5.0, no need to bother with cold air, it already is.
>
> > wrote in message

> > Ive sent to summitracing but wont hear back till next week. Someone
> > must know this.

> > In the middle of a project, Ive got a BBK #1557 cold air kit sitting
> > on the floor, because of situation change I need to upgrade my fuel
> > injectors and MAF. The BBK site says this cold air kit wont fit
> > aftermarket MAFs. The summit site says that the Granatelli MAF is 90mm
> > and will require mods to the air tube, but suggested part is the same
> > BBK cold air kit. And the Granatelli site says the MAF is a stock OEM
> > replacement whether its 19lb or 24lb calibrated.

> > So who is telling the truth? If I get 24lb injectors, matching
> > Granatelli MAF, will it fit my BBK cold air kit that I already have?

> > Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

Ive got a 89 GT. Summit and jegs didnt seem to have any other MAFs
besides these 90mm granatellis. What kind of MAF do you have?
Manufacturer or part number even? I'll have to keep looking for a 24
lb MAF that will fit I guess. Thanks
Old April 21st 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Krieg Suden

On Apr 15, 9:40 pm, "gernic" > wrote:
> What year/engine is the car ?
>
> 90 mm seems too big, you could have stability problems, engine rpm
> hunting,
> etc
> I have 24lb injectors with a 75 mm and got it tuned.
> If a 5.0, no need to bother with cold air, it already is.
>
> > wrote in message

> > Ive sent to summitracing but wont hear back till next week. Someone
> > must know this.

> > In the middle of a project, Ive got a BBK #1557 cold air kit sitting
> > on the floor, because of situation change I need to upgrade my fuel
> > injectors and MAF. The BBK site says this cold air kit wont fit
> > aftermarket MAFs. The summit site says that the Granatelli MAF is 90mm
> > and will require mods to the air tube, but suggested part is the same
> > BBK cold air kit. And the Granatelli site says the MAF is a stock OEM
> > replacement whether its 19lb or 24lb calibrated.

> > So who is telling the truth? If I get 24lb injectors, matching
> > Granatelli MAF, will it fit my BBK cold air kit that I already have?

> > Thanks,- Hide quoted text -

Ive got a 89 GT. Summit and jegs didnt seem to have any other MAFs
besides these 90mm granatellis. What kind of MAF do you have?
Manufacturer or part number even? I'll have to keep looking for a 24
lb MAF that will fit I guess. Thanks

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I think the shop got a used one off a ford truck for me. Works fine after
tune
I had a 93 stock with 8# KB supercharger using a FMU to boost up the fuel
pressure to 75 # or so so the stock injectors (18 I think) would flow like
24's. But the FMU was too fussy at part throttle and the engine would lean
out around 2# of boost, SO I put in new 24 lb injectors with 70 (70 or 75?)
maf from a truck they said, and they tuned it up, works great now, daily
driver with 8# of boost. Call the shop, Motion Dynamics 512-670-2271 they
could find the part that works for you www.motion-dynamics.net (these guys
are into racing stangs, it is a small shop, specialize in Mustangs, and know
them backwards and forwards)

hard top fits ??? mike[_16_] Jeep 5 December 9th 06 02:56 PM
Fits - high demand Samson Honda 5 November 20th 06 07:36 PM
1948 CJ frame fits...? Lee Ayrton Jeep 1 July 16th 05 10:22 PM
Help: Can't find shocks that fits Thomas Pedersen Jeep 3 May 26th 05 12:49 PM
My CJ7 is having fits on me! Mike Romain Jeep 13 March 18th 05 10:07 PM