Where to buy RBR in Australia?

Old May 16th 06, 12:41 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Default Where to buy RBR in Australia?

I'd like to buy this sim - now that I have a system capable of running
it. But I'm finding it hard to obtain a copy in Australia (or even an
overseas site that is able to ship it here). Any suggestions?

How many English language versions of RBR are there?

Old May 16th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

same here. I can't believe I've finally found a game I want to buy and
I can't

Old May 16th 06, 12:08 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

> I'd like to buy this sim - now that I have a system capable of running
> it. But I'm finding it hard to obtain a copy in Australia (or even an
> overseas site that is able to ship it here). Any suggestions?

Hmm, you're right. All of my favourite Aus online retailers show it as
'Discontinued' or 'Out of Stock' There's a US dealer that has some copies
for sale on eBay but I'm not sure if they'll ship to Australia. It's pretty
cheap - might be worth asking. It's worth the effort though - still blows
me away every time I fire it up.

Old May 16th 06, 12:17 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

>> I'd like to buy this sim - now that I have a system capable of running
>> it. But I'm finding it hard to obtain a copy in Australia (or even an
>> overseas site that is able to ship it here). Any suggestions?

> Hmm, you're right. All of my favourite Aus online retailers show it as
> 'Discontinued' or 'Out of Stock' There's a US dealer that has some copies
> for sale on eBay but I'm not sure if they'll ship to Australia. It's
> pretty cheap - might be worth asking. It's worth the effort though -
> still blows me away every time I fire it up.

Just checked and he does ship to Aust. - about $35 inc shipping. Seller is
mr_bigadoo

Old May 16th 06, 12:23 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

wrote in oups.com:

> I'd like to buy this sim - now that I have a system capable of running
> it. But I'm finding it hard to obtain a copy in Australia (or even an
> overseas site that is able to ship it here). Any suggestions?
>
> How many English language versions of RBR are there?

When I was looking for it towards the end of last year Harvey Norman had it for $75.
You might be able to try there. I ended up winning a brand new sealed copy on E-Bay for $8 + postage
(I was expecting to pay a lot more) so I didn't really look elsewhere.

Gametraders have a couple of copies, one new and one second hand.

Richard Burns Rally DVD - SH Carousel (WA)
Richard Burns Rally NEW PC (new) Morphett Vale (SA)

Don't know if you're in WA or SA but if not you might be able to email one of the stores
and see if they do mail order.

The website is
www.gametraders.com.au

Found the following on ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PC-Richard-Bu...QQcmdZViewItem

It's $75 + $8 postage so not exactly a bargain but it depends how much you're willing to pay.

There seems to be some budget release copies available from Europe (Germany in particular) on ebay for 4.95Euro + postage
don't know if it contains the English version or not.
There's also some on E-bay from the US that ship to Australia, as well as some UK ones.

Hope it's of some help,

Cordova

Old May 17th 06, 12:05 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Vectrex wrote:
> same here. I can't believe I've finally found a game I want to buy
> and I can't

I seem to remember that Harvey Norman was about the only place to get it
here when it was released, and even then it was hard to find. I ended up
getting mine from the UK - cost me less than $50 and was here withing a
week.

I got it from this mob:

http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.asp...339&mid=326230

It's even cheaper now - although they appear to be waiting on stock.

--

Mr Q
-------------------
Old May 17th 06, 12:48 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

www.gametraders.com.au

> Found the following on ebay
> http://cgi.ebay.com.au/PC-Richard-Bu...QQcmdZViewItem
>
> It's $75 + $8 postage so not exactly a bargain but it depends how much you're willing to pay.
>
> There seems to be some budget release copies available from Europe (Germany in particular) on ebay for 4.95Euro + postage
> don't know if it contains the English version or not.
> There's also some on E-bay from the US that ship to Australia, as well as some UK ones.
>
> Hope it's of some help,
>
> Cordova

After I bit more searching I found www.game.net (UK based). According
to their web site, stock available in 2-3 days, plus 4-6 days delivery.
Total cost is around A$35. I'll probably go with that option.

Old May 17th 06, 02:12 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

Mr Q wrote:
> Vectrex wrote:
> > same here. I can't believe I've finally found a game I want to buy
> > and I can't

> I seem to remember that Harvey Norman was about the only place to get it
> here when it was released, and even then it was hard to find. I ended up
> getting mine from the UK - cost me less than $50 and was here withing a
> week.
>
> I got it from this mob:
>
> http://shop.game.net/ViewProduct.asp...339&mid=326230
>
> It's even cheaper now - although they appear to be waiting on stock.
>
> --
>
> Mr Q
> -------------------

Thanks - I found this site too before I read your post.

Old May 17th 06, 09:58 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators

wrote:
> After I bit more searching I found
www.game.net (UK based). According
> to their web site, stock available in 2-3 days, plus 4-6 days delivery.
> Total cost is around A$35. I'll probably go with that option.

You might also try
http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/...ctcode=RM02042

They are showing stock at 9.99UKP and international postage is 4.95UKP
or 8.50UKP for a priority service.

--
Phil

Old May 17th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators

I got mine (on DVD) from GoGamer.com.

-Larry

oups.com...