So it's been a decade...

Old February 22nd 12, 04:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Lauren Bailey

Default So it's been a decade...

Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years
since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a hello!

~Lauren aka VWGirl
Old February 22nd 12, 12:52 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Leary

"Lauren Bailey" wrote in message

> Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still
> out there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at
> 10 years since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue
> for a hello!
>
> ~Lauren aka VWGirl

Hello. Do you currently have an air cooled VW?

I've been monitoring this group for years, though I'm pretty sure not ten
years. Mostly nostalgia reasons. I haven't owned an air cooled VW in
decades.

- Bill

Old February 22nd 12, 01:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Lauren Bailey

On Feb 22, 6:52*am, "Bill Leary" > wrote:
> "Lauren Bailey" *wrote in message

> > Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still
> > out there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at
> > 10 years since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue
> > for a hello!

> > ~Lauren aka VWGirl

> Hello. *Do you currently have an air cooled VW?
>
> I've been monitoring this group for years, though I'm pretty sure not ten
> years. *Mostly nostalgia reasons. *I haven't owned an air cooled VW in
> decades.
>
> * * - Bill

I still have mostly what I had then... and then a lot more. Just
bought a 64 notch, also have a 78 westy, 98 beetle (aircooled), 73
thing and 71 fastback... among others. still have my mk1 watercooleds,
but don't think i'd know anyone on RAMVW if i dropped in there.
Old February 22nd 12, 04:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
DogDiesel

"Lauren Bailey" > wrote in message
On Feb 22, 6:52 am, "Bill Leary" > wrote:
> "Lauren Bailey" wrote in message

> > Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still
> > out there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at
> > 10 years since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue
> > for a hello!

> > ~Lauren aka VWGirl

> Hello. Do you currently have an air cooled VW?
>
> I've been monitoring this group for years, though I'm pretty sure not ten
> years. Mostly nostalgia reasons. I haven't owned an air cooled VW in
> decades.
>
> - Bill

I still have mostly what I had then... and then a lot more. Just
bought a 64 notch, also have a 78 westy, 98 beetle (aircooled), 73
thing and 71 fastback... among others. still have my mk1 watercooleds,
but don't think i'd know anyone on RAMVW if i dropped in there.

You're light years ahead of me. I got a garage with some watercooled
motor parts. My Goldwing has aircooled valve springs in the front forks.
And i have a friend with a 67 bug.

Diesel.

Old February 23rd 12, 03:31 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Gary Tateosian

On Feb 21, 9:48*pm, Lauren Bailey > wrote:
> Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
> there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years
> since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a hello!
>
> ~Lauren aka VWGirl

::waves::

Old February 23rd 12, 03:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jan Andersson[_4_]

On 2/22/2012 9:31 PM, Gary Tateosian wrote:
> On Feb 21, 9:48 pm, Lauren > wrote:
>> Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
>> there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years
>> since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a hello!
>>
>> ~Lauren aka VWGirl

> ::waves::

Gary still kickin too

I still have Goth, my 68 convertible hackjob stashed away in Finland.

Jan

Old February 23rd 12, 11:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
KWW[_2_]

On 2/22/2012 8:45 PM, Jan Andersson wrote:
> On 2/22/2012 9:31 PM, Gary Tateosian wrote:
>> On Feb 21, 9:48 pm, Lauren > wrote:
>>> Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
>>> there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years
>>> since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a hello!
>>>
>>> ~Lauren aka VWGirl

>> ::waves::
>>

> Gary still kickin too
>

> I still have Goth, my 68 convertible hackjob stashed away in Finland.
>
> Jan

I still occasionally drive my '65 but since the star adjuster "hold
down"s are broken off the brakes loosen up after a few days of driving
it. Have to re-adjust them. I got replacement locking bars but to
install them requires a seemingly impossible amount of bending of the
metal that holds them down and pounding it back.
My '64 is still in work.
KWW

Old February 23rd 12, 11:34 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Leary

"Lauren Bailey" wrote in message
> On Feb 22, 6:52 am, "Bill Leary" > wrote:
>> "Lauren Bailey" wrote in message

>>> Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still
>>> out there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at
>>> 10 years since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue
>>> for a hello!

>>> ~Lauren aka VWGirl

>> Hello. Do you currently have an air cooled VW?
>>
>> I've been monitoring this group for years, though I'm pretty sure not ten
>> years. Mostly nostalgia reasons. I haven't owned an air cooled VW in
>> decades.

>I still have mostly what I had then... and then a lot more. Just
> bought a 64 notch, also have a 78 westy, 98 beetle (aircooled),
> 73 thing and 71 fastback... among others. still have my mk1
> watercooleds, but don't think i'd know anyone on RAMVW if
> i dropped in there.

My only VW now is an '87 16V Scirocco. Well, two of them but the second one
is a parts source for the first one.

I owned three Beetles, at various times, back in the day. And inherited a
camper bus from my brother ten or so years back, but sold that off to
someone who restored it. I didn't really have any use for it or anywhere to
keep it and it needed the attention.

- Bill

Old February 23rd 12, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

On Feb 21, 9:48*pm, Lauren Bailey > wrote:
> Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
> there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years
> since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a hello!
>
> ~Lauren aka VWGirl

It's good to have you back aboard.

I still have may '73 Beetle that I got in October '94.

I've been into aircooled VWs for twenty years now.
Old February 23rd 12, 09:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Jim Ed

On Feb 23, 2:13*pm, Jim Ed > wrote:
> On Feb 21, 9:48*pm, Lauren Bailey > wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to drop in and say hi... I know a few of you are still out
> > there from a long time ago. I checked and it's been right at 10 years
> > since I used RAMVA, so thought I was long overdue for a hello!

> > ~Lauren aka VWGirl

> *It's good to have you back aboard.
>
> *I still have may '73 Beetle that I got in October '94.
>
> *I've been into aircooled VWs for twenty years now.

Correction that should read,
I still have my '73 Beetle that I got in October '94.