Aftermarket stock intake manifold quality?

Old April 15th 07, 02:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
bluebug

Default Aftermarket stock intake manifold quality?

I need a new single port intake for my 66 bug. Would I be OK buying
the one that CIP1.com sells or should I keep looking for a clean
original? DOes anybody have any experience with the aftermarket part?
Thanks.

Old April 16th 07, 06:25 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Harry Smith

On Apr 15, 7:15 am, "bluebug" > wrote:
> I need a new single port intake for my 66 bug. Would I be OK buying
> the one that CIP1.com sells or should I keep looking for a clean
> original? DOes anybody have any experience with the aftermarket part?
> Thanks.

No real experience here. I do notice that Aircooled.net has single-
port manifolds in a variety of arrangements for using 34-Picts or
whatever centermount progressive, IDF, etc. Sounds neat.

Harry

Old April 17th 07, 03:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Dangermouse

I don't know where CIP1 source this part but I can relate my
experiences with a new Brazilian sp manifold. Simply put, it didn't
fit too well. Specifically, there was too much of a bend in the throat
which brought the carb too close to the fan housing such that it
wasn't possible to later refit the air cleaner. Obviously, I didn't
spot this until it was all bolted up and the engine reinstalled in the
car :< Something to bear in mind if you do decide to go aftermarket...
An original will at least fit.

Intake manifold dosio Ford Explorer 7 February 20th 07 09:53 PM
Intake manifold removal ufatbasted Jeep 4 January 15th 07 05:34 PM
5.9 Hi-Po Intake Manifold RCSnyder Jeep 11 February 3rd 06 12:52 AM
wanted: FI intake manifold [email protected] VW air cooled 0 October 15th 05 05:49 PM
M30 Intake Manifold Bill BMW 6 November 21st 04 11:39 AM