Audi A4 "right dipped headlight" problem, was Audi A4 "left dippedheadlight" problem

Old February 19th 08, 04:41 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
mike[_24_]

Default Audi A4 "right dipped headlight" problem, was Audi A4 "left dippedheadlight" problem

I posted the following message about a month ago:
>The left headlight of my 2006 Audi A4 quattro has this annoying -- and
>dangerous -- problem:
>1. The left headlight flickers
>2. It then turns itself off
>3. The message "left dipped headlight" appears
>4. The message is changed to a sign indicating that the lightbulb has failed.

I took my A4 to the dealer and two things were done:
- the code (presumably software version) for the light were checked
and it was correct
- the igniter was changed
And the result?
- the problem with the left headlight disappeared
- the same problem begins to occur on the right headlight !

Has anybody seen this weird problem? Can the left headlight circuitry
somehow interact with the right one?

.... Mike
Old February 19th 08, 05:12 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
daytripper

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:41:45 -0800 (PST), mike > wrote:

>I posted the following message about a month ago:
>>The left headlight of my 2006 Audi A4 quattro has this annoying -- and
>>dangerous -- problem:
>>1. The left headlight flickers
>>2. It then turns itself off
>>3. The message "left dipped headlight" appears
>>4. The message is changed to a sign indicating that the lightbulb has failed.

>I took my A4 to the dealer and two things were done:
>- the code (presumably software version) for the light were checked
>and it was correct
>- the igniter was changed
>And the result?
>- the problem with the left headlight disappeared
>- the same problem begins to occur on the right headlight !
>
>Has anybody seen this weird problem? Can the left headlight circuitry
>somehow interact with the right one?
>
>... Mike

Or did the shop simply swap the igniters?

/daytripper
'00 s4 6spd

Old February 19th 08, 05:53 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
tpow

"daytripper" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 20:41:45 -0800 (PST), mike >
> wrote:
>
>>I posted the following message about a month ago:
>>>The left headlight of my 2006 Audi A4 quattro has this annoying -- and
>>>dangerous -- problem:
>>>1. The left headlight flickers
>>>2. It then turns itself off
>>>3. The message "left dipped headlight" appears
>>>4. The message is changed to a sign indicating that the lightbulb has
>>>failed.

>>I took my A4 to the dealer and two things were done:
>>- the code (presumably software version) for the light were checked
>>and it was correct
>>- the igniter was changed
>>And the result?
>>- the problem with the left headlight disappeared
>>- the same problem begins to occur on the right headlight !
>>
>>Has anybody seen this weird problem? Can the left headlight circuitry
>>somehow interact with the right one?
>>
>>... Mike

> Or did the shop simply swap the igniters?
>
> /daytripper
> '00 s4 6spd

sounds more like it...........while backcharging Audi for a new one.

Old September 11th 08, 02:20 AM posted to alt.autos.audi
tporsche

Yes, I have the same problem on the left headlight and have found if I
cycle the headlight switch the headlight will light up again and most
times will remain on.

However it is extremely annoying and it is dangerous. I was going to
take it in to the Dealer to have it addressed but wasn't sure just
exactly what they would charge me for something like this. I understand
if you need to replace the whole headlight assembly it is incredibly
expensive.

I sure hope that I don't run into the same problem that you are
experiencing. I believe that there may be some electrical gremlins in
these vehicles that should not be there. I also have the airbag light go
off and on when I am driving. This is quite disconcerting for my wife. I
have had both Porsches and BMW's before and have never experienced these
kinds of problems.

Overall I love the car but these gremlins are getting the better of
me.:evil:

--
tporsche
tporsche's Profile: http://www.audiforum.ca/member.php?userid=5949