wuauclt process

Old November 1st 09, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JT[_4_]

Default wuauclt process

Try disabling Automatic Updates

1. Go to Control Panel.
2. Click System.
3. Go to the Automatic Updates tab.
4. Un-select the "Keep my computer up to date" box.
5. Click Ok.

That's supposed to be what is making that wuauclt program run. You'll
have to do updates manually without it. That is a legitimate program by
Microsoft, but it is possible that a Trojan/virus renamed itself as
that. If you disable auto updates and it's still causing problems it's
probably a virus.

If that doesn't speed up your computer then you need to reload Windows
or get another laptop that's faster with more memory.
Old November 1st 09, 07:50 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
News

JT wrote:
> Try disabling Automatic Updates
>
> 1. Go to Control Panel.
> 2. Click System.
> 3. Go to the Automatic Updates tab.
> 4. Un-select the "Keep my computer up to date" box.
> 5. Click Ok.
>
> That's supposed to be what is making that wuauclt program run. You'll
> have to do updates manually without it. That is a legitimate program by
> Microsoft, but it is possible that a Trojan/virus renamed itself as
> that. If you disable auto updates and it's still causing problems it's
> probably a virus.
>
> If that doesn't speed up your computer then you need to reload Windows
> or get another laptop that's faster with more memory.

Or get a new Honda?
Old November 2nd 09, 03:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
JT[_4_]

News wrote:
> JT wrote:
>> Try disabling Automatic Updates
>>
>> 1. Go to Control Panel.
>> 2. Click System.
>> 3. Go to the Automatic Updates tab.
>> 4. Un-select the "Keep my computer up to date" box.
>> 5. Click Ok.
>>
>> That's supposed to be what is making that wuauclt program run. You'll
>> have to do updates manually without it. That is a legitimate program
>> by Microsoft, but it is possible that a Trojan/virus renamed itself as
>> that. If you disable auto updates and it's still causing problems it's
>> probably a virus.
>>
>> If that doesn't speed up your computer then you need to reload Windows
>> or get another laptop that's faster with more memory.

> Or get a new Honda?

Actually, I get a new Honda, but I obviously need new emailing
skills.........lol
Old November 4th 09, 11:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dillon Pyron[_2_]

Thus spake JT > :

>News wrote:
>> JT wrote:
>>> Try disabling Automatic Updates
>>>
>>> 1. Go to Control Panel.
>>> 2. Click System.
>>> 3. Go to the Automatic Updates tab.
>>> 4. Un-select the "Keep my computer up to date" box.
>>> 5. Click Ok.
>>>
>>> That's supposed to be what is making that wuauclt program run. You'll
>>> have to do updates manually without it. That is a legitimate program
>>> by Microsoft, but it is possible that a Trojan/virus renamed itself as
>>> that. If you disable auto updates and it's still causing problems it's
>>> probably a virus.
>>>
>>> If that doesn't speed up your computer then you need to reload Windows
>>> or get another laptop that's faster with more memory.

>> Or get a new Honda?

>Actually, I get a new Honda, but I obviously need new emailing
>skills.........lol

It's the shortest measurable lenght of time. the Oh-no second.
But at least you didn't cc your boss on that obscene joke with the
four hookers and the ....

oh-no!
--

- dillon I am not invalid

"Always shoot first. At the very least you'll
distract the guy enough to make the second one count"
-- Lazurus Long

Water Hybrid HHO gas conversion process alt-e Technology 12 April 11th 08 08:53 PM
1931 Work-in-process, what is it? Paddy's Pig Auto Photos 1 November 11th 07 06:21 PM
Car storage process?? Rainier BMW 1 January 25th 06 01:39 AM
again: new pictures of the restoration process of our bug:) takea look! Tomasz Antkowiak VW air cooled 2 May 24th 05 11:32 PM
For those who think the RLC process is fair Brent P Driving 41 February 27th 05 07:08 PM