New Parts Source!

Old March 13th 06, 05:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Default New Parts Source!

I ran across this interesting link and had to pass it on.

Read closely before ordering unless you've got your "sign" handy.

http://kalecoauto.com/

Old March 13th 06, 07:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"XS11E" > wrote in message

> I ran across this interesting link and had to pass it on.
>
> Read closely before ordering unless you've got your "sign" handy.
>
> http://kalecoauto.com/

sign?

Old March 13th 06, 07:14 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

oh ok.. its a joke site.. hah hah..

Old March 13th 06, 08:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"XS11E" > wrote in message

> I ran across this interesting link and had to pass it on.
>
> Read closely before ordering unless you've got your "sign" handy.
>
> http://kalecoauto.com/

Hysterical!

Old March 13th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Nutari" > wrote in
:

http://mistupid.com/people/page013.htm
Old March 14th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Eric Baber wrote:

> This happened to me on Saturday. Same scenario - huge van in front of the
> house, me going in and out carrying out box after box after box. Neighbour
> comes up and asks "You moving?" I was speechless. Should have read this
> first.
>
> The best thing about the move is that we're now out of London and living in
> a place that's easy to get out of with immediate access to twisties as well
> as motorways - perfect :-)
>
> Eric

My favorite one lately was when I was removing the final parts from a
miata, I even chopped off the windshield header. The question was asked,
"Are you taking that car apart"?

This is a vehicle that literally has the gas tank, the front subframe
brace, and nothing else, inside or outside, that can not be removed.

It really couldn't look any more stripped down and ready to haul to the
scrapyard, other than not being visibly wrecked because the frame
twisting is all underneath the car at the front.

The answer, of course, is "no, removing every piece from a car is how
you put them together, not how you take them apart, and please don't
forget your sticker on the way out". :-)

Pat
Old March 15th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

pws > wrote:

>Eric Baber wrote:
>

>> This happened to me on Saturday. Same scenario - huge van in front of the
>> house, me going in and out carrying out box after box after box. Neighbour
>> comes up and asks "You moving?" I was speechless. Should have read this
>> first.
>>
>> The best thing about the move is that we're now out of London and living in
>> a place that's easy to get out of with immediate access to twisties as well
>> as motorways - perfect :-)
>>
>> Eric

>My favorite one lately was when I was removing the final parts from a
>miata, I even chopped off the windshield header. The question was asked,
>"Are you taking that car apart"?

But Pat? You are having a problem with linguistics, I think. A language
construct should never be taken literally like a mathematical statement.
It is simply wrong to think that "Are you taking that car apart" has the
mathematical meaning "Are you taking that car apart, yes or no?" It means
"Tell me more about why you are taking that car apart, please," and
is from a linguistic point of view a perfectly correct, polite, and
reasonable question, given the circumstances.

It is important to understand that language is not mathematics, that it
requires the perceptive interpretation of the listener, taking into
account context, rather than a blind interpretation of the common meaning
of the individual words.

Leon

--
Leon van Dommelen Bozo, the White 96 Sebring Miata ,)
http://www.dommelen.net/miata
Old March 15th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

Leon van Dommelen wrote:

> But Pat? You are having a problem with linguistics, I think. A language
> construct should never be taken literally like a mathematical statement.
> It is simply wrong to think that "Are you taking that car apart" has the
> mathematical meaning "Are you taking that car apart, yes or no?" It means
> "Tell me more about why you are taking that car apart, please," and
> is from a linguistic point of view a perfectly correct, polite, and
> reasonable question, given the circumstances.
>
> It is important to understand that language is not mathematics, that it
> requires the perceptive interpretation of the listener, taking into
> account context, rather than a blind interpretation of the common meaning
> of the individual words.
>
> Leon

Leon, can I move in with you and borrow your new MX-5 from time to time?
I don't eat a lot and I can swing about $250.00 ABP. I can't do any more
than $50.00 for a deposit.
I think that we would have very enlightening conversations.

You would be my Sensei. I could learn rocket science, how to be less
naive about people, and there would be much improvement to my linguistics.

In return, I will teach you all about quail hunting. ;-)

Deal?

Pat (I gotta admit, that was a pretty good post by Leon)
Old March 19th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message
> pws > wrote:
>
>>Eric Baber wrote:
>>

>>> This happened to me on Saturday. Same scenario - huge van in front of
>>> the
>>> house, me going in and out carrying out box after box after box.
>>> Neighbour
>>> comes up and asks "You moving?" I was speechless. Should have read this
>>> first.
>>>
>>> The best thing about the move is that we're now out of London and living
>>> in
>>> a place that's easy to get out of with immediate access to twisties as
>>> well
>>> as motorways - perfect :-)
>>>
>>> Eric

>>My favorite one lately was when I was removing the final parts from a
>>miata, I even chopped off the windshield header. The question was asked,
>>"Are you taking that car apart"?

> But Pat? You are having a problem with linguistics, I think. A language
> construct should never be taken literally like a mathematical statement.
> It is simply wrong to think that "Are you taking that car apart" has the
> mathematical meaning "Are you taking that car apart, yes or no?" It means
> "Tell me more about why you are taking that car apart, please," and
> is from a linguistic point of view a perfectly correct, polite, and
> reasonable question, given the circumstances.
>
> It is important to understand that language is not mathematics, that it
> requires the perceptive interpretation of the listener, taking into
> account context, rather than a blind interpretation of the common meaning
> of the individual words.
>
> Leon
> <snip>

i appreciate your point, but i always felt that the person trying to
communicate, the person speaking that is, is responsible for the clear
interpretation of their thought. that person should choose words that
precisely convey his thought. otherwise they are subject to
misinterpretation as you suggest is going on here.... politicians come to
mind as masters of ambiguity to placate all listeners.

Old March 20th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata

"Christopher Muto" > wrote:

>"Leon van Dommelen" > wrote in message
.. .
>> pws > wrote:

>>>My favorite one lately was when I was removing the final parts from a
>>>miata, I even chopped off the windshield header. The question was asked,
>>>"Are you taking that car apart"?

>> But Pat? You are having a problem with linguistics, I think. A language
>> construct should never be taken literally like a mathematical statement.
>> It is simply wrong to think that "Are you taking that car apart" has the
>> mathematical meaning "Are you taking that car apart, yes or no?" It means
>> "Tell me more about why you are taking that car apart, please," and
>> is from a linguistic point of view a perfectly correct, polite, and
>> reasonable question, given the circumstances.
>>
>> It is important to understand that language is not mathematics, that it
>> requires the perceptive interpretation of the listener, taking into
>> account context, rather than a blind interpretation of the common meaning
>> of the individual words.
>>
>> Leon
>> <snip>

>i appreciate your point, but i always felt that the person trying to
>communicate, the person speaking that is, is responsible for the clear
>interpretation of their thought. that person should choose words that
>precisely convey his thought. otherwise they are subject to
>misinterpretation as you suggest is going on here.... politicians come to
>mind as masters of ambiguity to placate all listeners.

You are right, I too would like to see the forces of logic and common
sense to win out. But in language, the majority seems to rule.

Leon

Source for parts? David Audi 2 August 23rd 04 09:31 PM
Source for Audi parts and independant repair shops? Thundersmash Audi 1 July 5th 04 01:49 PM
1953 - 1975 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CHASSIS and BODY PARTS CATALOG Tom Hall General 0 January 27th 04 11:22 PM
1953 - 1975 CHEVROLET CORVETTE CHASSIS and BODY PARTS CATALOG Tom Hall General 0 January 15th 04 11:46 PM