Obnoxious Driving Tactic

Old October 4th 06, 03:38 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving

Default Obnoxious Driving Tactic

I watched several vehicles do this on various freeways in the L.A. area
last weekend; amazingly, some were reasonably successful at it.

They want to drive fast, but they stay mostly in the right lane. When
nobody is in their way, they roar up to the next slow vehicle at 75 MPH
(in a 65 zone, 55 for trucks). When they catch up, they tailgate until
the vehicle exits or moves out of the "slow lane". They repeat this
process, occasionally moving to the left to get around an RLB.

(RLB - Right Lane Blocker -- that slow guy who drives in the rightmost
lane)

Can you imagine the usenet group of the drivers that I was watching?
They would berate those who drive slowly in the right lane!

Old October 4th 06, 03:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, wrote:

> (RLB - Right Lane Blocker -- that slow guy who drives in the rightmost
> lane)

This is a logical impossiblity. You get a 0.000001 score on your
attempted troll.

Old October 4th 06, 07:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
richard

> wrote in message
oups.com...
>I watched several vehicles do this on various freeways in the L.A. area
> last weekend; amazingly, some were reasonably successful at it.
>
> They want to drive fast, but they stay mostly in the right lane. When
> nobody is in their way, they roar up to the next slow vehicle at 75 MPH
> (in a 65 zone, 55 for trucks). When they catch up, they tailgate until
> the vehicle exits or moves out of the "slow lane". They repeat this
> process, occasionally moving to the left to get around an RLB.
>
> (RLB - Right Lane Blocker -- that slow guy who drives in the rightmost
> lane)
>
> Can you imagine the usenet group of the drivers that I was watching?
> They would berate those who drive slowly in the right lane!

That's not unique to LA. It happens in every major city.
It's purely the asshole behind the wheel.

Old October 4th 06, 10:25 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Have you searched for the plate on <A
href="http://platewire.com/">Platewire</a>?

Old October 10th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,ca.driving
Kevin McMurtrie

In article .com>,
wrote:

> I watched several vehicles do this on various freeways in the L.A. area
> last weekend; amazingly, some were reasonably successful at it.
>
> They want to drive fast, but they stay mostly in the right lane. When
> nobody is in their way, they roar up to the next slow vehicle at 75 MPH
> (in a 65 zone, 55 for trucks). When they catch up, they tailgate until
> the vehicle exits or moves out of the "slow lane". They repeat this
> process, occasionally moving to the left to get around an RLB.
>
> (RLB - Right Lane Blocker -- that slow guy who drives in the rightmost
> lane)
>
> Can you imagine the usenet group of the drivers that I was watching?
> They would berate those who drive slowly in the right lane!

LA has the must asshole drivers in the west coast. Slow cars are
scattered across all lanes and fast cars swerve shoulder to shoulder
through them. Yielding only happens when you aim your bumpers at the
soft spots of other cars' fenders. Flashing your highbeams at a slow
driver in the fast lane produces the biggest "Duh?" expression you'll
ever see.

You're one of the asshole drivers if you're complaining about slow cars
in the rightmost lane. Unless it's a 3+ lane road with light traffic
(and there's no light traffic in LA), that's where they're supposed to
be.

Be a JLEDI or Cause Road Rage Bill Funk Driving 97 September 29th 06 09:24 PM
Good driving will make the roads safer AdvDriver Driving 9 February 24th 06 04:45 AM
The dangers of DRLs 223rem Driving 399 July 25th 05 11:28 PM
The increasing stress of driving Alexander Rogge Driving 17 July 14th 05 05:48 AM