99GT Exhaust Emissions?

Old March 23rd 06, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 99GT Exhaust Emissions?

Greetings,

It's been a while since I've posted on here and time have moved on.

Just about to take possesion of a 99GT that I have imported to England from
Florida.

Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find how much CO2 a 99GT
puts out. Reason being, the UK goverment has just increased road tax to an
all time high, based on engine pollution. Therefore if I can prove that the
4.6 V8 is below a certain level of CO2 production I can theroretically pay
less tax.

Cheers guys,

JohnP.
--
I am looking for 5 key people, in UK, Ireland, Holland or Germany, who need
to earn £200 - £300 per month (or more if you want to) in their spare time.

Old March 24th 06, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article >, JohnP wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> It's been a while since I've posted on here and time have moved on.
>
> Just about to take possesion of a 99GT that I have imported to England from
> Florida.
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find how much CO2 a 99GT
> puts out. Reason being, the UK goverment has just increased road tax to an
> all time high, based on engine pollution. Therefore if I can prove that the
> 4.6 V8 is below a certain level of CO2 production I can theroretically pay
> less tax.

In what measure? grams per distance traveled? Since it's going to be a
value that is basically determined by fuel economy it is going to vary
widely depending upon the type of driving. So there must be a set driving
cycle in the UK to determine the value used for taxation.

Considering the number of older cars on the road, is this measured by
some sort of testing facility or are the older cars simply exempt or on a
fixed rate?

I suppose it could be roughly calculated for the EPA driving cycle,
however I don't think that will be the same as the one used in the UK.

Old March 24th 06, 04:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, JohnP wrote:
>
>>Greetings,
>>
>>It's been a while since I've posted on here and time have moved on.
>>
>>Just about to take possesion of a 99GT that I have imported to England from
>>Florida.
>>
>>Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find how much CO2 a 99GT
>>puts out. Reason being, the UK goverment has just increased road tax to an
>>all time high, based on engine pollution. Therefore if I can prove that the
>>4.6 V8 is below a certain level of CO2 production I can theroretically pay
>>less tax.

> In what measure? grams per distance traveled? Since it's going to be a
> value that is basically determined by fuel economy it is going to vary
> widely depending upon the type of driving. So there must be a set driving
> cycle in the UK to determine the value used for taxation.
>
> Considering the number of older cars on the road, is this measured by
> some sort of testing facility or are the older cars simply exempt or on a
> fixed rate?
>
> I suppose it could be roughly calculated for the EPA driving cycle,
> however I don't think that will be the same as the one used in the UK.

Try this link http://www.fueleconomy.gov/FEG/noframes/14867.shtml. Not
sure if its exactly what you are looking for, but it might help.
Old March 24th 06, 12:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 99GT - FULHAM 1-0 CHELSEA !!!!!!!

"JohnP" <john@[NO SPAM]lytham-st-annes.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> It's been a while since I've posted on here and time have moved on.
>
> Just about to take possesion of a 99GT that I have imported to England
> from Florida.
>
> Can anyone point me in the direction of where to find how much CO2 a
> 99GT puts out. Reason being, the UK goverment has just increased road
> tax to an all time high, based on engine pollution. Therefore if I can
> prove that the 4.6 V8 is below a certain level of CO2 production I can
> theroretically pay less tax.

Always look for a support group at home, first..Bet this guy can fix you
right up

http://www.import-car.info/

AND ANUVVER FING.... FULHAM 1-0 CHELSEA !!!!!!!

Yeeee - HA!!!!

you pay..DEAL with it!
Old March 25th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Fulham & Chelsea, pooh who are they, "WE ARE THE ONE AND ONLY
WANDERERS!!"