New 06 C6's for sale !!!!

Old November 27th 05, 03:00 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default New 06 C6's for sale !!!!

5k below MSRP....Thats what I want and think is fair....

Anything above MSRP is a rip off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Z˙RiX (<>..<>)
oups.com...

Old November 27th 05, 03:16 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Z˙RiX" > wrote in message
> 5k below MSRP....Thats what I want and think is fair....
>
> Anything above MSRP is a rip off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> --
> Z˙RiX (<>..<>)

I wholeheartedly agree. Prices above MSRP are an out-and-out ripoff. Any
dealer should be ashamed of themselves if they ask for something above MSRP.
It is completely within reason to expect at least a 5% Discount below MSRP,
if not 10%.

Old November 27th 05, 03:42 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Wow guys I didnt know you disliked the C6 that much . I am sorry I did
> not mean to start a fight . Yes I only have 2 Vettes in stock at the
> moment I've sold 4 in the last 3 weeks. I have 9 hitting the ground in
> December . 5k over MSRP to order a Z06 I have two orders left . Folks
> I am just extending these cars out to the peolpe who love them and
> drive them like you . I am not out to over price anyone , tell me what
> you think is fair and I will see what I can do . Does that sound fair ?

Now where did you get that? Nobody said they disliked the C6. I did say it
is a tweaked C5 and since I've had both and know what they are that will
always be my opinion. I like the sale you had that was good until midnight
tonight. That's rich.

Get one of those Z06s black with red interior with everything but the Onstar
and I'll give you $55,000 for it. Actually comes out $52,640 but I've got
the Christmas spirit right now. Let me know when it comes in so I can pick
it up.

Dad

--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is

Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context
somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or
grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the
transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on
borrowed time, let me tell you.

Old November 27th 05, 07:24 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

wrote:

> Wow guys I didnt know you disliked the C6 that much . I am sorry I did
> not mean to start a fight . Yes I only have 2 Vettes in stock at the
> moment I've sold 4 in the last 3 weeks. I have 9 hitting the ground in
> December . 5k over MSRP to order a Z06 I have two orders left . Folks
> I am just extending these cars out to the peolpe who love them and
> drive them like you . I am not out to over price anyone , tell me what
> you think is fair and I will see what I can do . Does that sound fair ?

Hello Matt,

First, some basic Usenet lessons:
1) Lurk and get the feel of the group before you speak. If you don't
understand "lurk," check it out in Google. If that's too difficult,
here's a link: <www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html>
2) Read what has been written--I just reviewed this thread and didn't
see any "dislike" for the C6, honest criticism from knowledgeable owners
yes, dislike, no.
3) When you lurk a group, learn a little about who's who before you
decide to challenge someone's observation. You chose to take offense
with one of the most if not the most respected resource in this
newsgroup. You goofed. Accept it!

Second, the folks who post here are dedicated Corvette owners and
enthusiasts. They are abreast of the market and know the score. You'll
note that there are few ads posted here, perhaps one or two each month.
They are welcome only when they represent something unique. Your post
was inappropriate in that it failed that criteria. While this is a
public resource, we all respect it and ask that others do likewise.
There is no hesitance on the part of readers in this group to transmit
reports of abuse to ISPs and we do this about once each week. Monica
Dean has occasionally posted here when she has an offering price that is
well below MSRP and represents an honest effort to clear stock. When
you have something exceptional offer it. Offering to start an arm
wrestle (i.e. "tell me what you think is fair") -- is in no way
"exceptional." Buy an ad from Google or, since you are a Yahoo member,
buy one there.

Third, we recently completed a comprehensive thread that addressed the
future of GM. Contained therein was a criticism of marketing and
merchandising at all levels of the organization including Chevy
dealerships. Your arrogance (and inference that "everyone else is doing
this") was what I witnessed at a local dealer last month. That
experience led me to buy an used C5 (w/17K miles) from a private party.
I now have $28K more in my checkbook than I had planned. The sales
arrogance of asking $3K for dealer supplied options (worth easily $200
maybe $250) was so disgusting that I left the sales manager's office--he
was really more interested in moving SUVs and trucks than selling me a
C6. I left him to his chore.

We all want the marque to succeed. We want the dealers to make an
honest profit and stay in business. We do not appreciate a rip-off that
insults our intelligence. This group does not have sufficient space to
support MSRP or >MSRP advertising from each Corvette dealer in the U.S.

Please leave. When you have something to contribute I think these fine
folks will welcome you back.

....PJ
Old November 27th 05, 02:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Asking us to pay above MSRP is just not good business if you want
repeat Corvette folks coming around.

Asking us to pay above MSRP to debug a new model is worse. If the C6
is anthing like the C5, I'll wait at least 3 years before buying one.
It's your business right to get the most for your product, but you
wont get it from the informed buyers around here.

Bob

Old November 27th 05, 02:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I am top posting because I just want to say quickly and loud

VERY WELL SAID PJ

--
Z˙RiX (<>..<>)

Old November 27th 05, 10:52 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Remember now, before the internet English Majors were just
nerds.......... LOLOL
Now a days you can bust out your skills from time to time without the
girls giggling.

FWIW I understood what Dad meant and what he was talking about. :-)

Grayfox wrote:

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove –SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old November 27th 05, 10:54 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

WOW I thought those were gonna be around $70K MSRP.
Wasn't that the scuttlebutt for a while or did I just dream that?

Old November 27th 05, 10:59 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

I agree!
The only situation would be if an employee or owner already had dibs on
one and
the customer had to "outbid" the employee/dealership owner for the
purchase..

I can't say it should be against the law but I don't like it that's for
sure. LOL
With something as expensive as that I'd think all it would take is a dealer
in each region NE, NW, SE, SW to advertise MSRP and all the other
dealers would be pressured into MSRP. I'd drive/fly 500 miles to save
5 Grand or more :-)

Old November 27th 05, 11:02 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

If he was offering MSRP or less would
I think it would be a good thing for him to post here.
(when others offering MSRP are a rare situation)

But being a "let's see just how much we can milk out of the
supply & demand..... naaaaaaa :-)