Time t' get off me arse...

Old September 2nd 05, 11:41 PM
DrEntropy

Default Time t' get off me arse...

an' give the Spider a thorough goin' over. Plugs, points, dizzy cap
an' wires... damn'd petrol prices here are finally finding a level
approachin' what the rest of the planet pays... mebbe the SUV
epidemic will subside "around these parts" as a beneficial side
effect...

hey, I can HOPE can't I???

The Elan is risin' fast onna priority list now ;-}

--
Dr E--
mhm 17x1
Old September 3rd 05, 12:52 AM
Domestos

damn'd petrol prices here are finally finding a level
> approachin' what the rest of the planet pays...

Think again our prices have gone up recently again, and we are being
threatened with another rise due to Katrina !!!

Unleaded in UK - Manchester area is now 96.9p/litre
Diesel has broken the barrier and has hit 100.4p/litre too

Prices in London will be well past that !

I remember when we had blockades here when prices reached 80p/litre and that
was only three-five years ago !!

What is the price in the states?

Domestos

Old September 3rd 05, 07:53 AM
Zathras

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 23:52:14 GMT, "Domestos" >
wrote:

>Unleaded in UK - Manchester area is now 96.9p/litre
>Diesel has broken the barrier and has hit 100.4p/litre too

95.6p/l Diesel in Glasgow last night. 99.9p/l for SUL! 93.6p/l UL.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old September 3rd 05, 07:55 AM
Zathras

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:41:58 GMT, DrEntropy > wrote:

>an' give the Spider a thorough goin' over. Plugs, points, dizzy cap
>an' wires... damn'd petrol prices here are finally finding a level
>approachin' what the rest of the planet pays...

What?!..you mean you guys are getting remotely near paying 7 (yes
seven) dollars per US gallon as we do in the UK. I doubt it..surely!!!
:-(

Old September 3rd 05, 12:21 PM
DrEntropy

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 06:55:40 GMT, Zathras
> gave us this blather:

>On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 22:41:58 GMT, DrEntropy > wrote:
>
>>an' give the Spider a thorough goin' over. Plugs, points, dizzy cap
>>an' wires... damn'd petrol prices here are finally finding a level
>>approachin' what the rest of the planet pays...

>What?!..you mean you guys are getting remotely near paying 7 (yes
>seven) dollars per US gallon as we do in the UK. I doubt it..surely!!!
>:-(

Diesel yesterday at £5.50/Gal. and rising... it could happen, and
soon. Tho you poor sods are gonna see a rise as well. So I guess it
all just keeps some sort of insane imbalance.

An "up-side" here is it MAY slash the use of these damned SUV's all
over th' fookin' roads... with their cellphone usin', make-up applyin'
yuppie-puppie transportin', physics ignorant, IDIOT mum drivers.

Wanna know how I *really* feel?!?! ;}

Old September 3rd 05, 09:31 PM
Zathras

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 11:21:52 GMT, DrEntropy > wrote:
<snip>
>An "up-side" here is it MAY slash the use of these damned SUV's all
>over th' fookin' roads... with their cellphone usin', make-up applyin'
>yuppie-puppie transportin', physics ignorant, IDIOT mum drivers.

Don't bank on it - it's not happening here to any noticeable effect!

>Wanna know how I *really* feel?!?! ;}

Yeah..rant on. I like that kind of stuff - makes me feel less
lonely!!! :-))

Old September 6th 05, 08:36 PM
Dr. Boggis

In article >,
"Domestos" > wrote:

> damn'd petrol prices here are finally finding a level
> > approachin' what the rest of the planet pays...

> What is the price in the states?

US average pump price for basic grade is $3.06/gallon.

US gallons are only just over 4 litres, so that's $0.77/litre, or about
41.5p (0.61 Euro). So about half the European price, at the moment.
--
-Take out Ron to reply-
GT4 stats: Day 520; 42.9% Complete; 12198 A-Spec pts; 29G, 15S, 36B
Old September 7th 05, 09:29 AM
Bert Kanters

"Dr. Boggis" > schreef in bericht
> US gallons are only just over 4 litres, so that's $0.77/litre, or about
> 41.5p (0.61 Euro). So about half the European price, at the moment.
> --

European price 1.50 Euro at the moment in the Netherlands, same as a beer in
the bars! Drinking and driving never went well together but now I even can't
afford it!

Old September 7th 05, 11:03 AM
Ross

"Dr. Boggis" > wrote in message

> US gallons are only just over 4 litres, so that's $0.77/litre, or about
> 41.5p (0.61 Euro). So about half the European price, at the moment.

I wish 41.5p was half the cost in Kent! :-( There's several places charging
over a £1 a litre now, and it only looks like going up further, especially
as the psychological £1 barrier has been broken and there's no
demonstrations in the streets or major outcry!

Regards
Ross

Old September 7th 05, 01:03 PM
Ross

"Ross" > wrote in message
>...especially
> as the psychological £1 barrier has been broken and there's no
> demonstrations in the streets or major outcry!

Hmm, looks like I spoke too soon, apparently demonstrations are being
planned!

Regards
Ross