Gallons! How to tell the fuel computer to use proper UK Gallon

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 11th 07, 01:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Matthew Haigh

Default Gallons! How to tell the fuel computer to use proper UK Gallon

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 10:45:02 +0100, Matthew Haigh wrote:
>
>> General Schvantzkoph wrote:

>>> Have you checked with a dealer? If they sell the car in the UK then
>>> there must be UK firmware, I doubt they have different electronics but
>>> they would have different firmware.

>> I'm not sure it is possible. Our 2001 UK spec Grand Voyager has a
>> sticker in the manual telling you what to multiply the mpg reading by to
>> get the correct value. I'd have thought that it would be better to
>> reprogram it than put a sticker in the manual if it was simple to do.
>>
>> It doesn't bother me particularly as we run on LPG, so the fuel
>> consumption figures from the computer are meaningless - but if anybody
>> does know a way I'd be pleased to learn it.
>>
>> Matt

> Where's the steering wheel in your Voyager?

In the correct place, where any civilised country puts it :-) <ducks>
It is on the right hand side, i.e. this really is specced and built for
the UK, not a simple import from Europe or the US. (FWIW it is built in
Austria).

> It's hard to believe that
> they would go to the trouble of moving the steering wheel but they
> couldn't be bothered to change a single constant in the firmware for the
> trip computer.

Car manufacturers move in mysterious ways...
The sticker in the manual set looks "official" - i.e. very nicely printed.

Matt