PT Cruiser brake rotor thickness? & "stuck" pad.

Old January 16th 06, 02:28 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default PT Cruiser brake rotor thickness? & "stuck" pad.

Anyone know the stock thickness for a 2001 Limited front rotor (Haynes says
it's cast into it but probably on the inside where I can't see it without
removing)? By the way, almost all the wear is on the outside pad and the
inside pad was stuck such that it had to be "hammered" loose. Anyone
experienced this?

Old January 16th 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

"jimhigh66" > wrote in message
lkaboutautos.com...
> Anyone know the stock thickness for a 2001 Limited front rotor (Haynes

says
> it's cast into it but probably on the inside where I can't see it without
> removing)? By the way, almost all the wear is on the outside pad and the
> inside pad was stuck such that it had to be "hammered" loose. Anyone
> experienced this?

22.91mm /0.902 in is new Minimum 21.40mm/0.803

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old January 16th 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default PT Cruiser brake rotor thickness? &

Thanks, Glenn.
Jim H.

Old January 16th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

> inside pad was stuck such that it had to be "hammered" loose. Anyone
> experienced this?

Lube the sliding pins.
Use a flat file to remove 1/64th ~ 1/32nd inches from the area of the pad where
it contacts the caliper. Some are so tight they begin to bind when expanded via
the heat during application.

Old January 18th 06, 02:29 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Tnx "wrench"
I decided to check the rear and found one side to have a similar problem.
The 1st owner (about 2 years) stored it (in a barn) winters and drove
mostly highway miles. I speculate it's possible there was so little brake
usage some rust developed.