Folding the boot

Old July 18th 07, 04:03 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

Default Folding the boot

I saw a link a while back that showed how to fold the soft top boot.
That was before I had a boot. Now that I have one, I can't seem to find that
web page.
Anybody know the site I'm talking about.
Todd

New owner of an '03 "Club Special"
ie: no AC, no Power Steering, limited slip diff,
stiffer springs,shocks and sway bars,
cold air induction, and roll bar.

Old July 18th 07, 05:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

"opeltodd" > wrote:

> I saw a link a while back that showed how to fold the soft top
> boot. That was before I had a boot. Now that I have one, I can't
> seem to find that web page.
> Anybody know the site I'm talking about.

No, I don't think its possible. I use a tonneau cover that came in a
nice plastic bag, the best I've EVER been able to do is to get it
folded to about 3 times the size of the bag! If someone know how to
fold it OR a boot cover I'd sure like to know how....

Old July 18th 07, 04:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

I feel so "George Orwellian" that big brother is watching me.
On the top of the message I sent and it's response, I noticed it says:
"This message is being Watched."
Is it because this is the first time I have come to this group for answers?
Does this happen every time you send a question or response?
Or is it because my "E-Name" is Opeltodd? (I own 2 Opel GT's)

Erie...
Old July 18th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Brian[_9_]

opeltodd wrote:
> I feel so "George Orwellian" that big brother is watching me.
> On the top of the message I sent and it's response, I noticed it says:
> "This message is being Watched."
> Is it because this is the first time I have come to this group for answers?
> Does this happen every time you send a question or response?
> Or is it because my "E-Name" is Opeltodd? (I own 2 Opel GT's)
>
> Erie...

Sounds to me like you have set your email program to watch the thread.
Old July 18th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

I did find one way to fold the boot on my own.
It's on the Mt Hood Miata Club site.
http://www.mthoodmiata.org/techarticles/boot.aspx
It's funny that this club is in my own area.
But I know there was another site out there that showed
a better way to fold the boot to reduce it's size.

Old July 18th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

opeltodd wrote:
> I did find one way to fold the boot on my own.
> It's on the Mt Hood Miata Club site.
> http://www.mthoodmiata.org/techarticles/boot.aspx
> It's funny that this club is in my own area.
> But I know there was another site out there that showed
> a better way to fold the boot to reduce it's size.

I thought that was on miata.net but a quick check in the garage didn't
turn it up. I know that I've seen that website too because I printed
it out when I first got a boot cover. Let me check when I get home
tonight and see if the printout has the url on it.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

Old July 18th 07, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
BK

Try http://home.mira.net/~redback/mx5/tips.html#fold
. ..

Old July 18th 07, 10:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

Yea, I know I saw it somewhere else.
The Mt Hood site does show a step by step photo essay
but it didn't look familiar.

Old July 18th 07, 10:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
opeltodd

" Try http://home.mira.net/~redback/mx5/tips.html#fold"

Yes! That is the site I remember but after seeing it again I think I like
the Mt Hood site a bit better.
Although the Hood site has the final fold in a triangle shape and the Ausie
site shows a square fold,
I like the way Hood shows the procedure in photos as opposed to the drawings
in the Ausie page.
Add the two together and you have the best of both worlds.

Thanks to all of you that helped me on this.
Todd

Old July 18th 07, 11:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Iva

BK wrote:
> Try http://home.mira.net/~redback/mx5/tips.html#fold

That's it, although with an updated url. But, considering I printed
it out back in 1999, I'm not really surprised! Thanks.

Iva & Vixen
2004 Classic Red
No more winkin' Miata

NC folding hardtop pws[_1_] Mazda 3 July 22nd 06 06:35 PM
Folding down window...... Paul Jeep 5 July 15th 06 03:23 PM
the 2007 folding hard top Christopher Muto Mazda 37 July 1st 06 01:30 AM
E39 Boot wont open, Boot lock stuck ChrisJ BMW 0 September 30th 05 07:28 PM
BMW E36 boot lock wont engage - new boot!?!! Lordy BMW 8 April 9th 05 10:56 AM