Bad vibration when accelerating 99 Blazer 4.3 - 4WD

Old November 16th 05, 05:40 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Default Bad vibration when accelerating 99 Blazer 4.3 - 4WD

Hi everyone,

Whenever I take off from the stop position I would feel a reasonably
significant vibration through my steering wheel and on the floor board
of my 4WD 99 Chevy Blazer 4.3 vehicle. At first it didn't seem to
noticeable, but gradually over time its becoming more pronounced, but
as soon as I got to rolling speed (20-30 miles an hour) it disappears.

Yesterday, the vibration was so significant when taking off (definitely
something wrong) that I though about stopping the vehicle and towing it
home. I know it not the front wheel bearing because I change it less
than 3000 clicks ago.

Lately I've had the slightest cracking sound, similar to the sound you
get when opening the drivers door, which hasn't been lubricated lately
(You know how ****ty the door mechanism hardware is on these vehicles)
when coming to a stop, which could be part of the problem.

Has anyone ever had this problem? What could it be?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Rob

Old November 16th 05, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4

Dead u-joint would be my first guess. You can block the wheels and put
it in neutral, then go under and start shaking and twisting driveshafts
and front axle ends.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's
Aug./05 http://www.imagestation.com/album/in...?id=2120343242