OT Geocaching

Old November 3rd 04, 11:09 PM
Shaggie

Default OT Geocaching

OK, so everyone *except* me has heard about this already, but just in
case you haven't...
http://www.geocaching.com/
Sounds like fun to me. Just got a GPS today. Gonna go try this out
this weekend. I think I'll open up a towing company to tow out the
vast numbers of Range Rovers that are about to get stuck on some
trails in this area once I place some cache thingies... :-D

--

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite,
and furthermore always carry a small snake.
Old November 4th 04, 04:51 AM
Lane Jennison

Shaggie wrote:
> OK, so everyone *except* me has heard about this already, but just in
> case you haven't...
> http://www.geocaching.com/
> Sounds like fun to me. Just got a GPS today. Gonna go try this out
> this weekend. I think I'll open up a towing company to tow out the
> vast numbers of Range Rovers that are about to get stuck on some
> trails in this area once I place some cache thingies... :-D

That is totally rad. Count me in on not knowing about it. Maybe you
can tow a range rover with your dirt bike. Or at least sling mud in
their eyes with it and take their range rover.

Lane
Old November 4th 04, 06:29 AM
Tim

I did a couple of those earlier this year, I found them to be more oriented
for kids as the items were of the 5 to 25 cent variety. But i did injoy the
hunt and better yet learned how to really use my gps

Old November 7th 04, 11:28 AM
Shaggie

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 06:29:22 GMT, "Tim"
> wrote:

>I did a couple of those earlier this year, I found them to be more oriented
>for kids as the items were of the 5 to 25 cent variety. But i did injoy the
>hunt and better yet learned how to really use my gps
>

>"Shaggie" > wrote in message
.. .
>> OK, so everyone *except* me has heard about this already, but just in
>> case you haven't...
>> http://www.geocaching.com/
>> Sounds like fun to me. Just got a GPS today. Gonna go try this out
>> this weekend. I think I'll open up a towing company to tow out the
>> vast numbers of Range Rovers that are about to get stuck on some
>> trails in this area once I place some cache thingies... :-D

So I went out yesterday morning and found a few of these things, then
came home and got my wife and we went out together after lunch and
found a few more. Good exercise. Wow, some of them were hidden in
decently out-of-the-way places. Yeah, most of the caches we found had
little cheapo toys in them, but that wasn't what we were out there for
anyway. Like you said, it was more about hunting for them than about
what was inside of them. I threw one together yesterday afternoon
that cost about $7 total and plan on placing it in a decently
challenging location today, and also am gonna take the kids out with
me today to find a few of them. This could turn out to be a decently
fun hobby for the family. :-)