Burnouts rear wheel vs front wheel

Old March 1st 07, 06:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
snowolf9637

Default Burnouts rear wheel vs front wheel

I was always taught that rear wheel drive cars where harder to burn out
because they get better traction. I mean when you hit the gas your rear wheel
drive car sits on the back giving it ALOT more grip and now my buddy keeps
telling me im crazy and that its harder to burnout in front wheel dive cars..
im like if thats the case then why isnt all of the high performance cars ive
seen front wheel!?!?!? I think hes out of his mind but i figured this would
be a good discusion

Old March 1st 07, 09:41 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
snowolf9637

yea I agree that most front wheel drives lack the power but I own a pontiac
grand prix and that engine has soo much low end power that i had to practice
like everyday to get perfect launces from it without burning out because i
liked to drag race with it but it was a front wheel drive and it took alot of
skill to get that thing to not burnout when I launched it. 3.8L supercharged
ive never lost a race by the way im VERY proud of that fact lol

Old March 1st 07, 12:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Larry Bud

On Mar 1, 1:14 am, "snowolf9637" <u32139@uwe> wrote:
> I was always taught that rear wheel drive cars where harder to burn out
> because they get better traction. I mean when you hit the gas your rear wheel
> drive car sits on the back giving it ALOT more grip and now my buddy keeps
> telling me im crazy and that its harder to burnout in front wheel dive cars..
> im like if thats the case then why isnt all of the high performance cars ive
> seen front wheel!?!?!? I think hes out of his mind but i figured this would
> be a good discusion

I don't think you can make a general statement either way. It all
depends on the power to the wheels, the weight of the car, the weight
RATIO front to back (FWD has the advantage of an engine in the front),
etc.

Old March 1st 07, 03:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Feb 28, 10:14 pm, "snowolf9637" <u32139@uwe> wrote:
> I was always taught that rear wheel drive cars where harder to burn out
> because they get better traction. I mean when you hit the gas your rear wheel
> drive car sits on the back giving it ALOT more grip and now my buddy keeps
> telling me im crazy and that its harder to burnout in front wheel dive cars..
> im like if thats the case then why isnt all of the high performance cars ive
> seen front wheel!?!?!? I think hes out of his mind but i figured this would
> be a good discusion

The weight transfer thing (given approx equal car sizes) doesn't
overcome the initial advantage the FWD one has. Equals it out some,
but doesn't overcome it.

Harry K

Old March 1st 07, 03:54 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Harry K

On Feb 28, 10:14 pm, "snowolf9637" <u32139@uwe> wrote:
> I was always taught that rear wheel drive cars where harder to burn out
> because they get better traction. I mean when you hit the gas your rear wheel
> drive car sits on the back giving it ALOT more grip and now my buddy keeps
> telling me im crazy and that its harder to burnout in front wheel dive cars..
> im like if thats the case then why isnt all of the high performance cars ive
> seen front wheel!?!?!? I think hes out of his mind but i figured this would
> be a good discusion

Ooops, until, that is, you get into the real dragsters where the front
wheels are mostly just along for the ride.

Harry K

Old March 1st 07, 07:26 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Default TAN: Teenagers and written expression (was Burnouts rear wheelvs front wheel)

snowolf9637 wrote:
> yea I agree that most front wheel drives lack the power but I own a pontiac
> grand prix and that engine has soo much low end power that i had to practice
> like everyday to get perfect launces from it without burning out because i
> liked to drag race with it but it was a front wheel drive and it took alot of
> skill to get that thing to not burnout when I launched it. 3.8L supercharged
> ive never lost a race by the way im VERY proud of that fact lol

Why is it that teens are unable or not willing to write in proper
English? I know there are exceptions (like Cory Dunkle), but still.
Old March 1st 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Ed Pirrero

On Mar 1, 11:26 am, Arif Khokar > wrote:
> snowolf9637 wrote:
> > yea I agree that most front wheel drives lack the power but I own a pontiac
> > grand prix and that engine has soo much low end power that i had to practice
> > like everyday to get perfect launces from it without burning out because i
> > liked to drag race with it but it was a front wheel drive and it took alot of
> > skill to get that thing to not burnout when I launched it. 3.8L supercharged
> > ive never lost a race by the way im VERY proud of that fact lol

> Why is it that teens are unable or not willing to write in proper
> English? I know there are exceptions (like Cory Dunkle), but still.

They have not yet learned that you write to your audience. Txt-msg-
speak is fine for your pals, so it's fine for everyone, right?

The way a person communicates displays their respect for their
audience. As it has ever been, most teens don't have much respect for
anyone except certain peers.

E.P.

Old March 2nd 07, 01:56 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

Ladies and Gentlemen (and I use those words loosely), Scott en Aztlán
said in rec.autos.driving:
> Arif Khokar > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >Why is it that teens are unable or not willing to write in proper
> >English? I know there are exceptions (like Cory Dunkle), but still.

> Part of it is the kewl lingo of the cellular text message. And part of
> it is a widespread culture among teenagers that makes anyone who
> appears to be smart or interested in learning the subject of ridicule.

Maybe I'm seeing things, but if he is using this text messaging lingo to
make his posts shorter, then why are his posts showing up as being 1100
to 1900 lines in length while the rest of us are in the 10 to 50 line
range...

--
Aunt Judy demonstrates its lack of understanding
of the concept of "</killfile>," and "<killfile>,"

"Now that takes nerve. You claim to killfile
me TWICE in the same thread and you expect
people to take you seriously???"

Ref: http://tinyurl.com/r5qp9
Old March 2nd 07, 10:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
snowolf9637 via CarKB.com

but i live in kansas ricers and crapy cameros are all we ever get to race!!!

Old March 3rd 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Arif Khokar

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> necromancer > said in
> rec.autos.driving:

>> Maybe I'm seeing things, but if he is using this text messaging lingo to
>> make his posts shorter, then why are his posts showing up as being 1100
>> to 1900 lines in length while the rest of us are in the 10 to 50 line
>> range...

> You (or your newsreader) are seeing things. Mine shows line counts of
> 8 and 24 for his posts to that thread.

His original post has a "lines" field in the header. His subsequent
posts do not, which explains the line count discrepancy. In my
newsreader, the line count field indicates 0 lines.

Noise from right front wheel jbourgeois Honda 2 September 23rd 06 03:35 AM
Noise from front wheel S-10 4x4 Spud Demon 4x4 0 February 13th 06 08:02 PM
front wheel bearings cj Dodge 2 November 22nd 05 04:30 AM
Rear-wheel ABS Peter Dodge 0 March 10th 05 04:45 AM
88 Silverado one front and one rear wheel drive while in 4 Hi range? Why??? Drizler 4x4 4 February 29th 04 02:30 AM