2005 Town and Country transmission problem

Old July 3rd 05, 07:55 AM
park

Default 2005 Town and Country transmission problem

I just bought a 2005 LX Chrysler Town and Country van (3.3 liter, v6, 4
speed transmission). I really like it. I have noticed that the
transmission will have a slight shudder or shake when you first reverse up
a hill (must be stopped on the hill). Once you are rolling backwards for a
moment, it stops. The shudder is worse at the beginning if you reverse
slowly up the hill to start. This does not occur when reversing on a level
grade or on an ever so slight uphill grade. The transmission is very smooth
in all other operations. Is this normal? Should I be concerned or is the
van just "breaking in". The van has 98 miles.

Thanks for your response. I wonder whether to contact the dealer or if I'm
being picky.

Old July 3rd 05, 10:21 PM
LORETTA ARMSTRONG

sounds like a tranmission MOUNT that is not tight...
Call your dealer, and ask him for an appointment, to check out the
transmission mounts. It won't cost you any $$. just time for the checking
it out.
lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 4th 05, 02:59 PM
jdoe

Doesn't sound like a problem. When you reverse lightly up a hill you will
get a slight oscillation due to soft mounts etc. Most FWD vehicles will do
this.
Larry
lkaboutautos.com...

Old July 4th 05, 03:56 PM