bad service experience

Old August 10th 06, 04:22 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
dt Kruger

Default bad service experience

So I book my 2002 147 selespeed in, and decided to have _everything_
fixed. The bill came to 19450 South African rands (thats about 1500 in
GBP). This included major service, new windshield wiper motor, selespeed
gearbox adjusments to name a couple of major players on the bottom line.

So all goes well until I go to collect my car, and saw there's a new
dent in the door.
Quickly get the service manager out, who checks the book, and says it is
marked as being there beforehand. So I show him a closer look at the
dent, pointing out that theres still white powdery residue on it, and
they washed the car so its proof it happened recently, and someone
didn't want responsibility, so marked the book!!

Anyway to that he said they'll first have to investigate

This is such a disappointment - she was perfect until now.

Dealership is Arnold Chatz in Hyde Park, South Africa btw.
In their credit, the engine is absolutely tip-top, but this is hassle I
really didn't need.

/rant