Help my GMC Jimmy stalled and won’t start up again....

Old June 20th 05, 10:35 PM
dynamitedrc

Default Help my GMC Jimmy stalled and won’t start up again....

My low rider, 1989 GMC Jimmy started up good this morning to take kids
to play group. We left play group and drove for aprox. 1 hr. No
problems until I went down a bumpy road (which jimmy hates) and came
to a stop sign.....then the truck shut off. So, I tried starting it
up again and the engine and stereo wouldn’t work. My headlights
work, horn, interior light all work.

Any ideas would be greatly appriecated. At present I’m lookin for a
tow to the machanics and he’s gonna have a look at it tomorrow.

Topic URL: http://www.autoforumz.com/General-Di...ict125417.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.autoforumz.com/eform.php?p=610716
Old June 21st 05, 02:34 AM
Don Heller

Check your fuses, including any in-lines. Maybe you shook one loose!

Don

Old June 21st 05, 03:41 AM
.boB

dynamitedrc wrote:

> My low rider, 1989 GMC Jimmy started up good this morning to take kids
> to play group. We left play group and drove for aprox. 1 hr. No
> problems until I went down a bumpy road (which jimmy hates) and came
> to a stop sign.....then the truck shut off. So, I tried starting it
> up again and the engine and stereo wouldn’t work. My headlights
> work, horn, interior light all work.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appriecated. At present I’m lookin for a
> tow to the machanics and he’s gonna have a look at it tomorrow.

Sounds like you have a loose connection somewhere. Probably the battery cable.
I'd start at the battery and work my way down to the starter, then back through to
ground.

--
..boB
1997 HD FXDWG - Turbocharged!