Lumina 2004 Won't start, stalled while driving

Old August 8th 07, 09:40 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
rajanm99

Default Lumina 2004 Won't start, stalled while driving

I have a Lumina 2004, in november 2006, it stalled while driving, took
it to a workshop, they tested and changed egr sensor valve and
ignition module. Then it run for few thousand kms, car stalled
intermittently, then workshop checked and changed crack sensor. After
a month, the car stopped again while i am driving. Now they said,
Ignition module has to be changed.

Anybody can tell me, what could be the reason, i have faulty ignition
module twice within 6 months?
Do I need to change the coils? spark plug cables?
please help

Old August 8th 07, 11:44 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
hls

"rajanm99" > wrote in message
> Anybody can tell me, what could be the reason, i have faulty ignition
> module twice within 6 months?
> Do I need to change the coils? spark plug cables?
> please help

Change anything you like, but there is no reason to change something that
is not broken.

You might want to be sure that your previous electrical replacement parts
were OEM or high quality aftermarket. There is some garbage out there.

Enjoy your plenty fine GM product.
Old August 9th 07, 01:08 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Steve Austin

rajanm99 wrote:
> I have a Lumina 2004, in november 2006, it stalled while driving, took
> it to a workshop, they tested and changed egr sensor valve and
> ignition module. Then it run for few thousand kms, car stalled
> intermittently, then workshop checked and changed crack sensor. After
> a month, the car stopped again while i am driving. Now they said,
> Ignition module has to be changed.
>
> Anybody can tell me, what could be the reason, i have faulty ignition
> module twice within 6 months?
> Do I need to change the coils? spark plug cables?
> please help

It is common for aftermarket ignition modules to fail early. Sometimes
right out of the box. I'd rather use junkyard modules than aftermarket.
Old August 9th 07, 02:42 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
rajanm99

Thanks for the info.
So far I have always used original GM parts from dealer.
They said, no need to change the coild or spark plug cables
Reason for fried ignition module has been told due to crank shaft
sensor which we replaced a month ago.
Also they adjusted the spark plug timings as per DTC.

Thanks
Andrew