Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Old July 15th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Sal

Default Amazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Have you seen the list of the top 18 Fastest Cars on the needforspeed
website all of the were European?
There are plenty of VAG cars like the Audi TT Bimoto on there and not
even one American car was fast enough to make the top 18. Here are
just a few of the Volkswagen Auto Group cars on there that were 200 MPH
+
Why would VAG cars go to some race where gocarts like Corvettes are
racing when they can race with the big boys instead? Jeremy Clarkson
from Top Gear has driven thousands of the best and fastest cars in the
world and he knows that American Cars SUCK, his opinion is very
educated as he's actually driven thousands of cars and their limits
and compared them all.

1

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 409 km/h (402 km/h GPS)
High Speed test by Auto Motor Und Sport
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"

2

Bugatti Veyron 16.4 - 407 km/h (GPS)
High Speed Test by Top Gear
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTOS"

3

Bugatti Veyron - 402 km/h
High speed test by Car And Driver

10

Audi TT MTM Bimoto - 384 km/h GPS
High speed by MTM at Papenburg

11

Audi TT Bimoto MTM - 373 km/h
High speed test on the Nardo circuit by Auto Motor Und Sport

13

Audi TT Bimoto MTM - 371 km/h
For the video visit "VIDEOS - CARS & MOTO"

26

Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 - 352 km/h
(219 mph)
Capristo - Holland
For the video visit "VIDEOS -CARS & MOTOS"

48

Lamborghini Diablo - 340 km/h
For the video visit "VIDEOS -CARS & MOTOS"

59

Lamborghini Diablo SV - 338 km/h
Michael Reithofer (Speedfreak) - Germany

63

Bentley Continental GT - 336 km/h
Colin www.autobild.de - Germany

64

Lamborghini Gallardo - 335 km/h (208 mph)
Giorgio S @ Lamborghini, High speed test on Nardo

65 Bentley Flying Spur - 335 km/h (208 mph)
High speed test

66 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera 335 km/h
French magazine, Sport Auto n°546
For the video visit "VIDEOS -CARS & MOTOS"

70

Lamborghini Murcielago LP 640 - 333 km/h (207 mph) Jeremy Clarkson @
Top Gear - UK
For the video visit "VIDEOS -CARS & MOTOS"

73

VW Golf HGP R32 Biturbo - 333 km/h
Nardo Pirelli Test 2004

77

Lamborghini Gallardo - 332 km/h
Ivan G

The fastest Corvette on the site was a higly modified Z06
85

Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06 - 330 km/h
PAR-H

Old July 15th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

Isn't that the bloke that drove a Jaguar at Nurenburg and was proud of
his 10 minute lap time. Some chick said she could be that time driving
a diesel delivery van. She almost beat him. While I find the guy
entertaining he almost lost to a girl driving a delivery van for God's
sake.

Old July 15th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Jim Behning[_1_]

I just read a Corvette review by Jeremy Clarkson while not as glowing
as the reviews he gives on Ferrari, still it was not a horrid review
as you suggest.

Whatever happened to your post about the cars you own now and in the
past and your track experience beyond Hot Wheels?

Old July 15th 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Smith

Jim Behning wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 20:58:57 +0100, "caroline"
> > wrote:
>
>> "Jim Behning" wrote
>>
>>> If I am not mistaken the Passat is made by Audi.

>> *ROFLMFAO*
>>
>> An Audi Passat? That's a new one on me ;o)
>>

> VW in my mind

"In my mind"? How 'bout trying "in reality" for a while. The Passat is
made by VWAG, in Emden and Zwickau, in plants where (AFAIK) no Audis are
made.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 15th 07, 09:28 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Smith

The Wolf With the Red Roses wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:29:17 -0700, Sal > wrote
> something wonderfully witty:
>
>> The Passat W8 is a family car and not really meant for the track. It's
>> meant for Autobahn Cruising @ 155 MPH+.
>> It's very front heavy and weighs 2 tons even though it's a midsize
>> car in proportion. Volkswagen Autogroup makes other cars such as the
>> Bugatti Veyron W16, Lamborghini Gallardo V10, Audi S6 V10 MTM, Audi
>> R8, and Volkswagen Golf GTI W12 which will whoop any American car on
>> the track.
>>

> Then why spend $97,900 on the stupid thing?

Since when does a Passat W8 cost $97K? Do you live in one of those
European countries with outlandish taxes on cars? Back when the W8 was
on sale in the US, it cost about $38K.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 15th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Smith

Sal wrote:
> My 400 BHP+ stat for a THEORETICAL 2008 Passat W8 Six Speed Sport is
> based on the fact that the V6 Passat jumped from 190 BHP to 280BHP and
> 300 BHP for the V6 and V6 R36 from last generation to this generation.
> 400-430BHP and a 200 to 205 MPH top speed are VERY GOOD ESTIMATES for
> what the W8 would be doing with the governor removed if it was still
> around.

Math isn't your strong suit, is it? The B5 Passat's 2.8L V6 made 190
HP. That's about 68 HP/L. Multiply that by the W8's 4.0L and you
get... 271 HP, which is pretty damn close to VW's rating of 270 HP. So
where the hell do you get 400 HP? (Apart from your delusional fanboy
fantasies, I mean.)

--
Mike Smith
Old July 15th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Smith

Default Unamazing Passat W8 vs Corvette ZO6 Video

Sal wrote:
> What are you talking about? Passats have the MOST horsepower in their
> class. Passat 4 Cylinder 200 BHP, Passat V6 280 BHP, Passat R36 300
> BHP. That's more than Accord, Camry, Sonata, Altima, Fusion, Malibu,
> and Sebring.

That's true *today*. During the time when the Passat W8 was for sale,
it was most certainly not.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 15th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Smith

Sal wrote:
> Oh, really, what's the fuel economy of a Corvette?

20 city, 29 highway - better than even a V6 B5 Passat, never mind a W8.
Why don't you check your ****ing facts before your embarrass yourself
even further?

> What's the
> Corvette's Drag Coefficient?

Who the **** cares? Design parameters don't count; measured results are
what counts.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 15th 07, 09:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Smith

Sal wrote:
> On Jul 14, 4:33 pm, Sarah Czepiel > wrote:
>> On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 12:52:14 -0700, Sal >
>> wrote:
>>
>> What car do *you* own Sal? What car do *you* drive Sal?

> It's a VW, although I never drive it this fast.
> http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29...d/hpa333km.jpg

"It's a VW?" Gee, Sal, that leaves quite a bit of latitude. You could
drive a rusted-out '74 Bug for all we know.

--
Mike Smith
Old July 15th 07, 09:49 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled,alt.autos.corvette
Mike Smith

Bob I wrote:

>> They made the first jet aircraft,

> They also made the first one to get shot down by American fighters.
> Seems the Mustangs shot a lot of german engineering out of the sky, on
> their own turf no less!

That's not exactly fair. Mustang pilots were able to shoot down Me-262s
primarily by catching them during takeoff and landing.

--
Mike Smith