How do I know what options I have?

Old November 19th 06, 12:10 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

Default How do I know what options I have?

Is there a list of options my car came with somewhere on the car? The
vehicle is 2005. Thanks.

Old November 19th 06, 01:39 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Snappo" > wrote in message
.. .
> Is there a list of options my car came with somewhere on the car? The
> vehicle is 2005. Thanks.

There is not one on the car but there is one inside the car. On the inside of
the compartment door, left side about the size of a playing card, white with a
black strip on the top. It is the build codes and includes items other than
options, and does not list all standard items.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51

Old November 19th 06, 06:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

Dad wrote:
> "Snappo" > wrote in message
>> Is there a list of options my car came with somewhere on the car? The
>> vehicle is 2005. Thanks.
>>

> There is not one on the car but there is one inside the car. On the
> inside of the compartment door, left side about the size of a playing
> card, white with a black strip on the top.

OK; I apologize in advance for being obtuse; but what is a "compartment
door". I kind of figured out some of the stuff.

1) Since I have the HUD, heated seats with memory, etc. that means I have
the 3LT.
2) My tires say "SC" on them so the dealer was correct that I have Z51.
3) It was a museum delivery - there is a sticker inside the door

I have no idea if I have the 2:73 or 3:15 rear ratio.
I have no idea which rim I have (standard or upgrade choice)

What other choices don't I know about?

Old November 19th 06, 06:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

Snappo wrote:
> 1) Since I have the HUD, heated seats with memory, etc. that means
> I have the 3LT.
> 2) My tires say "SC" on them so the dealer was correct that I have
> Z51. 3) It was a museum delivery - there is a sticker inside the door

Oh, and I know I have the automatic transmission because it won't move to
the left or right. LOL

Old November 19th 06, 07:35 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Snappo" > wrote in message
.. .
> Dad wrote:
>> "Snappo" > wrote in message
>>> Is there a list of options my car came with somewhere on the car? The
>>> vehicle is 2005. Thanks.
>>>

>> There is not one on the car but there is one inside the car. On the
>> inside of the compartment door, left side about the size of a playing
>> card, white with a black strip on the top.

> OK; I apologize in advance for being obtuse; but what is a "compartment
> door". I kind of figured out some of the stuff.

Under the passenger side air bag is a door (panel on a hinge), used to store the
spare fuses and the switch to turn off the air bag. You will also fine the
receptacle for the FOB for emergency start if the FOB battery goes dead. Dealer
should have pointed that out along with some emergency exit requirements for the
electric door openers. Also can contain the owners manual and has in the past
been called the glove compartment. It has a latch at the top to open it and let
it swing down exposing the interior and its contents. On that swinging panel,
sometimes called a compartment door, is the sticker mentioned in the previous
post.

> 1) Since I have the HUD, heated seats with memory, etc. that means I have
> the 3LT.
> 2) My tires say "SC" on them so the dealer was correct that I have Z51.

May not be true, tires are easy to change. Are the rotors drilled and does the
radius rods have grease zerks? Does it have a transmission cooler and a power
steering cooler? The above mentioned sticker should have the Z51 option marked
if you have all of the above plus heavy shocks and sway bars.

> 3) It was a museum delivery - there is a sticker inside the door
>
> I have no idea if I have the 2:73 or 3:15 rear ratio.

Option designation is G90 for the 3:15 differential ratio and will be on the
above mentioned sticker. You may have to assume that if the code is not there
that you have the stock 2:73.

> I have no idea which rim I have (standard or upgrade choice)

Rim option is QG7 for the polished rims and you again may have to assume you
have the stock rims if that code does not appear in the above mentioned sticker
and they are painted. Both thoughts may be incorrect if the previous owner added
aftermarket wheels.

> What other choices don't I know about?

C2L, CC3, F55, UE1,U2K, USU, 19U, 79U, & 86U of which the last 3 are special
paint options.

Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red 6spd Z51
72 Shark Black/Black/4spd

Old November 19th 06, 08:10 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

Dad wrote:
> Under the passenger side air bag is a door (panel on a hinge), used
> to store the spare fuses and the switch to turn off the air bag. You
> will also fine the receptacle for the FOB for emergency start if the
> FOB battery goes dead. Dealer should have pointed that out along with
> some emergency exit requirements for the electric door openers. Also
> can contain the owners manual and has in the past been called the
> glove compartment. It has a latch at the top to open it and let it
> swing down exposing the interior and its contents. On that swinging
> panel, sometimes called a compartment door, is the sticker mentioned
> in the previous post.

OK - am on the case. :-) Time passes.........

Here is what I have (God knows what these all mean) - how do I research
this?

AAB
AG2
AJ7
AQ9
BGR
CF7
CJ2
DD0
DD8
DL5
D42
E2C
FE3
FE9
G90
IL3
J55
KA1
K63
LS2
MX0
M32
NK4
NT9
N37
QG7
R8C
SLL
EU1
UG1
UJ9
US3
US9
UV6
U2K
U52
U65
VA5
VDD
VM3
V73
XGN
YGJ
Z51
1SB
1SZ
19I
193
74U

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from
extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the
bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed
on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our
sunset years telling our children and our children's
children what it was once like in the United States where
men were free."

Old November 19th 06, 08:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Snappo

I found some stuff; but not others:

CodeDescriptionCost
AAB Memory Package
AG2 ?
AJ7 Airbags
AQ9 Sport bucket seats
BGR ?
CF7 Roof panel - removable body color
CJ2 Dual Zone A/C
DD0 Mirrors with compas
DL8 Mirros outside - heated
DL5 ?
D42 ?
E2C ?
FE3 Sport Suspension
FE9 Federal emissions
G90 3.15 Sport axle ratio$395
IL3 ?
J55 ?
KA1 Heated Seats
K63 ?
LS2 LS2 motor
MX0 4 speed auto with overdrive
M32 ?
NK4 Leather wrapped steering wheel
NT9 ?
N37 Power telescope manual tilt wheel
QG7 Deluxe forged wheel$1,295
R8C NCM pickup$490
SLL?
UE1 Onstar$696
UG1 Homelink
UJ9 ?
US3 ?
US9 Sound system with 6 CD changer
UV6 HUD
U2K XM Radio$325
U52 Analog instruments
U65 ?
VA5 ?
VDD ?
VM3 ?
V73 ?
XGN ?
YGJ ?
Z51 Performance Handling package$1,495
1SB Option Package$2,995
1SZ ?
19I ?
193 Black interior
74U Victory Red
1YY07 $43,445

Old November 20th 06, 04:06 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_1_]

"Snappo" > wrote in message
.. .
>I found some stuff; but not others:
>
> CodeDescriptionCost
> AAB Memory Package
> AG2 ?---------------------------------------- Power passenger seat
> AJ7 Airbags
> AQ9 Sport bucket seats
> BGR ?
> CF7 Roof panel - removable body color
> CJ2 Dual Zone A/C
> DD0 Mirrors with compas
> DL8 Mirros outside - heated
> DL5 ?-----------------------------------Decal, Roadside service information
> D42 ?---------------------------------------Security Shade
> E2C ?
> FE3 Sport Suspension
> FE9 Federal emissions
> G90 3.15 Sport axle ratio$395
> IL3 ?------------------------------------------Trim, interior
> J55 ?------------------------------------------Brake system, heavy duty
> KA1 Heated Seats
> K63 ?
> LS2 LS2 motor
> MX0 4 speed auto with overdrive
> M32 ?
> NK4 Leather wrapped steering wheel
> NT9 ?
> N37 Power telescope manual tilt wheel
> QG7 Deluxe forged wheel$1,295
> R8C NCM pickup$490
> SLL?
> UE1 Onstar$696
> UG1 Homelink
> UJ9 ?---------------------------------Cluster, instrument
> US3 ?
> US9 Sound system with 6 CD changer
> UV6 HUD
> U2K XM Radio$325
> U52 Analog instruments
> U65 ?
> VA5 ?
> VDD ?
> VM3 ?
> V73 ?
> XGN ?
> YGJ ?
> Z51 Performance Handling package$1,495
> 1SB Option Package$2,995
> 1SZ ?
> 19I ?--------------------------------Interior trim, black
> 193 Black interior
> 74U Victory Red
> 1YY07 $43,445

You may have noticed that all Corvette coupes have CF7 Roof panel - removable
body color, U52 Analog instruments, UG1 Homelink, FE9 Federal emissions, LS2 LS2
motor, AQ9 Sport bucket seats, and NK4 Leather wrapped steering wheel, in other
words standard build codes of which some may be included in an option package.
Those that were priced are the options and not a standard item included in all
Corvettes or as GM calls them RPOs, regular production options.

Old November 20th 06, 05:51 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette

If you have a 2005 you have a 1SB (same as 3lt)

AAB
Memory, Driver Convenience Package

AG2
Adjuster Passenger ST, Power Multi-Directional

AJ7
Restraint System Seat, Inflatable, Driver and PASS, FRT and Side

AK5
Restraint System Seat, Inflatable, Driver and PASS

AQ9
Seat, FRT BKT, Luxury

AR9
Seat, FRT BKT, Deluxe

AU5
Lock Control, Entry Remote Entry, Low Power

AU8
Lock Control, Entry Remote Entry, Specific Frequency

AX4
Restraint Conversion, Seat Belt, Manual, European

BGR
Plant Code, Bowling Green, KY, USA

BV7
Bumper Provisions Front and Rear, Canadian Requirements

B4H
Modification, Noise Control, Export

CC3
Roof, Hatch, Removable Panels, Plastic

CE4
Washer, Headlamp, High Pressure

CF7
Roof, Sun, Removable, Non-Transparent

CJ2
HVAC System, Air Conditioner, FRT, Automatic Temperature Control,
Auxiliary Temperature Control

CM7
Roof, Convertible, Folding, Power

C2L
Roof, Package, Dual Removable

DD0
Mirror, Outside, LH & RH, Remote Control, Electric, Heated, Light
Sensitive

DD8
Mirror, Inside, R/V Light Sensitive

DL5
Decal Roadside Service Information

DL8
Mirror Outside, LH & RH, Remote Control, Electric, Heated

D42
Shade, RR Compartment

FE1
Suspension System, Soft Ride

FE2
Suspension System Ride, Handling

FE3
Suspension System, Sport

FE9
Certification, Emission, Federal

GB9
Label, Limited, Consignment-Delete

GU2
Axle Rear-2.73 Ratio

GU6
Axle Rear-3.42 Ratio

G90
Axle Rear-3.15 Ratio

JL5
Control, Manual Transmission, First To Fourth Gear Skip Shift

JL9
Brake System, Power, Front and Rear Disc, Antilock, 4-Wheel

J55
Brake system, Heavy Duty

KA1
Heater, Seat, FRT

KNP
Cooling System, Transmission, HD

KNR
Cooling System, Axle-Limited Slip Differential

K05
Heater, Engine Block

KPS
Cooler, Oil, Engine

K63
Generator-110 AMP

LS2
Engine, Gas, 8 CYL, 6.0L, SFI, Aluminum, GM

MM6
Transmission, Manual 6 SP, Tremec, 85 MM, 2.66 1st, 0.50 6th O/D

MN6
Merchandised Transmission, Manual 6 SPD Provisions

MX0
Merchandised Transmission, Automatic Provisions O/D

MZ6
Transmission, Manual 6 SPD, Tremec, 85MM, 2.97 1st, 0.71 5th, 0.57 6th
O/D

M32
Transmission, Auto 4 SPD, HMD, 4L60-E, Electronic, HD

NA3
Emission System, Japan

NE1
Certification-Emission, Geographically Restricted Registration For
Vehicles Up To 14,000 GVW (Use 2003 MDL YR)

NF9
Emission System General OBD MIL Suppression

NG1
Certification-Emission, Geographically Restricted Registration For
Vehicles Up To 6,000 LBS GVW

NK4
Steering Wheel-Sport Leather

NP7
Steering Column, EEC Approved

NT4
Emission System-EEC 05

NT9
Emission System- Federal, Tier 2 Phase Out

NU4
Emission System-California LEV2 Plus

N37
Steering Wheel-Tilt, Telescoping

QG6
Wheel-18 x 8.5 FRT & 19 x 10 RR, Aluminum, Styled

QG7
Wheel-18 x 8.5 FRT & 19 x 10 RR, Polished

T62
Lamp System-Daytime Running -Delete

T79
Lamp-FOG, RR, CHMSL-LED, Rear Lamps-Incandescent

T84
Head Lamps RH Rule of the Road, E Mark

T85
Headlamps, LH Rule of the Road, E Mark

T90
Lamps, Signaling & Marker, Front, Export

T93
Lamp-Tail & Stop, Special

UA2
Theft Deterrent System Export Specific

UD4
Alarm, Vehicle Speed, 120 km/h

UE1
Communication System Vehicle, G.P.S. 1

UG1
Opener- Garage Door Universal

UH3
Indicator-Low Tire Pressure , VAR 2

UJ6
Indicator-Low Tire Pressure

UJ9
Indicator-Low Tire Pressure , VAR 1

UK1
Frequencies-Japanese

UL2
Frequencies-European

US3
Antenna-Diversity

US8
Radio-AM/FM Stereo, SEEK/SCAN, CD, AUTO TONE, CLOCK, ETR, MP3, RDS

US9
Radio-AM/FM Stereo, SEEK/SCAN, RDS, Multiple Compact DISC, CD, AUTO
TONE Control, CLOCK, ETR, MP3

UV6
Display Head Up

UZD
Radio-AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, DVD, CD, CLOCK, ETR, Navigation, Voice
REC, MP3

U19
Speedometer-Instrument Cluster, KILO & Miles, KILO Odometer

U2K
Digital Audio System S-Band

U3D
Radio-AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, DVD, CD, CLOCK, ETR, Navigation, Voice
REC, MP3, VICS

U52
Cluster-Instrument , Electronic

U65
Speaker System-7, Premium

U66
Speaker System-7, Custom

VA5
Language Label-English

VBX
Language Label-Arabic

VB1
Language Label-Japan

VC4
Label-Price/Fuel ECON, Puerto Rico & Virgin Islands

VC5
Label-Shipping, Except US, US Possessions, or Japan

VDD
Vehicle Information-DVD, Customer Orientation

VG8
Vehicle Label-Notice to Buyer

VJ4
Label, Export-Child Seat Location

VH5
Plate-Vehicle Identification

VK3
License Plate Front-FRT Mounting Package

VL4
License Plate Front- FRT Mounting Package, EEC

VL6
License Plate Front- FRT Mounting Package, Japanese

VZ3
Label-Mercury Disposal Notification

V73
Vehicle Statement-USA/Canada

V76
Hook-Tow

V78
Vehicle Statement-Delete

V87
Vehicle Statement-Gulf States Organization

XFV
Tire Front-P245/40ZR18-88Y BW HW4 (EMT)

XGN
Tire Front-P245/40ZR18-88Y BW HW4 HI-Performance

YFX
Tire Rear-P285/35ZR19-90Y BW HW4 (EMT)

YGJ
Tire Rear-P285/35ZR19-90Y BW HW4 HI-Performance

Z5X
Mirror Provisions, Arabic Language

Z49
Modifications, Canadian, Mandatory Base Equipment

Z51
Performance Package-Handling

Know your options after an accident Canada [email protected] General 2 September 29th 06 10:28 AM
Jeep YJ Lift Options KH Jeep 4 June 22nd 06 08:09 PM
Some options I'd like to see on the accord Herpster1966 Honda 5 February 20th 06 03:58 PM
Moving -- Selling Car...Options? [email protected] General 1 June 30th 05 01:08 PM
E46 options? E Brown BMW 2 April 14th 05 11:53 AM