Doofus Du Jour

Old October 15th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Doofus Du Jour

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Picture, if you will, a 'T' intersection in a residential
> neighborhood, much like this one:
>
> http://i9.tinypic.com/4hbjmec.jpg
>
> The cyan blob is a workman's pickup truck; the yellow blob is my car.
> Traffic coming out of the base of the 'T' has a "Yield" sign as
> indicated in the picture.
>
> As we approach the intersection, we are both signalling for a left
> turn. The guy in the truck actually comes to a complete stop at the
> yield sign (position 1 in the diagram), hesitates for a moment, and
> then proceeds to make his turn. He then stops again, this time at
> position 2, and waves for me to proceed! I am in position 3 with my
> left turn signal on; since he is stopped in the middle of the
> intersection, there is no easy way to go around him. WTF was this guy
> thinking? Does he expect me to drive on the sidewalk? Or maybe he's
> watched "The Fast and the Furious" too many times and thinks I can
> just drive right under his truck? My car may be low to the ground, but
> it's not THAT low...
>
> After waiting for him to realize that he was completely blocking my
> path, I reached my left arm out the window and gave him several big
> "move along" waves. He finally got a clue and completed his turn,
> clearing the path for me to complete mine.

First, he fails to yield right of way as the sign indicates and then he
obstructs the intersection in a feeble attempt to be "courteous," in
giving you the right of way that you were legally entitled to to begin
with. He's Brain Dead, Jim.....

Just curious, what company was he with (going on the assumption that
his workman's truck had a logo on the door)?

--
necromancer

Official Overseer Of Kooks And Trolls In r.a.d.

Old October 16th 06, 03:59 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Here's todays for me.... On the edens, 2nd behind a micropassing minivan
with WI plates in the left lane.... finally clear the last vehicle to the
right. Micropasser goes into LLB classification as he fails to move
right. I get past the last vehicle to right and move right and punch it.
The minivan is about a 1/4 mile up ahead. As I near the LLB he flicks on
his single moves over in front of me and slows down. Of course the guy
directly behind him then guns it to get free.

It's times like this that I know the LLBs are purposely blocking people
from passing them.

Doofus Du Jour Ed Pirrero Driving 0 October 14th 06 08:29 PM
MFFY Move Du Jour Brent P Driving 0 May 27th 06 02:52 AM
MFFY Du Jour for Friday, 1/27/2006 necromancer Driving 1 January 28th 06 07:01 AM
MFFY Du Jour for Friday, 1/27/2006 SD Dave Driving 0 January 28th 06 04:34 AM
MFFY du jour Jeff Clark Driving 1 January 4th 06 05:35 PM