Sold the sandrail to Gary today

Old June 5th 06, 11:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

Default Sold the sandrail to Gary today

He's towing it home now. I'm sure he'll take good care of it. It had
been sitting around too much and was running rough. That is, it was
running rough until it realized I really was going to sell it. Now it
starts right up and idles with no trouble. Oh well. I've been into
this stuff too long to think I'm finished with it all. Maybe it's
almost time to start looking for a nice little notchback. Hmm...
Notch Adventures? :-)

Old June 6th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

"Shag" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> . Maybe it's
> almost time to start looking for a nice little notchback. Hmm...
> Notch Adventures? :-)

i'm always looking for a notch......i still kick myself for not snapping up
the 65 Tim was selling....

Old June 6th 06, 11:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

When I was 15 back in 77, my Dad and I looked at a super nice (near mint) 63
Notch for a first car that was $850. He didn't think we should buy it
because it was a classic and hard to get parts for. Oh well, ended up with a
74 Thing soon after that. That was much easier to gets parts for .....
Andy
63 Bus

Old June 6th 06, 03:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

On 5 Jun 2006 15:21:05 -0700, "Shag" > scribbled
this interesting note:

>He's towing it home now. I'm sure he'll take good care of it. It had
>been sitting around too much and was running rough. That is, it was
>running rough until it realized I really was going to sell it. Now it
>starts right up and idles with no trouble. Oh well. I've been into
>this stuff too long to think I'm finished with it all. Maybe it's
>almost time to start looking for a nice little notchback. Hmm...
>Notch Adventures? :-)

I can see it now...you'll be carving another tree with your Notch!:~)

--
John Willis

(Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)
Old June 6th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled

I turned 16 back in 77 and got my first car which happened to be a 73
Beetle during Senior year of High School. One of the managers at the
Wendys where I worked was selling a nice 67, but my dad thought it was
to old at the time so I got the 73. Now 28 years later I am driving a
67.

sold my lt4 today rebco10 Corvette 0 February 11th 06 08:56 PM
Sold the '66, finally. 66 6F HCS Ford Mustang 9 January 29th 06 03:26 AM
Is there a way I can see what a new M5 sold for back in 2001? PeterM BMW 10 July 8th 05 03:11 PM
it's very dirty today, I'll kick quietly or Lionel will depart the pens Maggie General 0 January 14th 05 09:33 PM
Please visit my brand new Xenon HID Showcase Website today... WENW Honda 0 October 11th 04 02:54 AM