Tougher Emissions Regulations Could Bring End to Muscle Cars, Says GM

Old December 25th 07, 07:57 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_]

Default Tougher Emissions Regulations Could Bring End to Muscle Cars, Says GM

Fast cars have only one purpose - to kill other people.GM should be burned
to the ground for building this murder machine.

Tougher Emissions Regulations Could Bring End to Muscle Cars, Says GM

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Dec. 20: The 2009 Corvette ZR1, the fastest, most powerful automobile ever
produced by General Motors may be the last in a tradition of muscle cars.

DETROIT — When General Motors Corp. pulls the cover off a new supercharged
version of the Corvette at the Detroit auto show next month, it will unveil
a performance car designed to rival or better even the fastest, most
expensive exotic cars from Europe.

But the Corvette's chief engineer says the 2009 Corvette ZR1 may be the
last in a long tradition of Detroit performance cars, endangered by
stronger federal fuel economy regulations and limits on carbon dioxide
emissions.

"High-performance vehicles such as this may actually be legislated out of
existence," Tadge Juechter said at a recent showing of the ZR1, which is
designed to have around 620 horsepower.

President Bush on Wednesday signed into law legislation that will bring
more fuel-efficient vehicles into auto showrooms and require wider use of
ethanol, calling it "a major step" toward energy independence and easing
global warming.

The legislation requires automakers to increase fuel efficiency by 40
percent to an industry average 35 miles per gallon by 2020.

But Juechter said to sell one of the Chevrolet supercars, GM would need to
offset that with cars that get 45 mpg.

"It could really be an endangered species," he said.

Aaron Bragman, an auto analyst with the consulting firm Global Insight,
said predicting the death of the muscle car might be premature.

The Corvette, he said, is fuel efficient when compared with its
competitors. Although fuel economy figures weren't released for the ZR1,
the current 505-horsepower Corvette ZO6 gets an estimated 15 mpg in the
city and 24 on the highway, according to GM.

The ZR1, he said, gets around the same mileage as a Chevrolet pickup truck,
and GM won't be getting out of the pickup business because of gas mileage
standards.

"I think it's a little over-dramatization," Bragman said. "GM wants to sell
big, high-performance, fun cars. And typically that's what Americans want
to buy."

Performance cars of the future may be powered by smaller engines or
electric motors, he said, but they won't die.

The ZR1 will have a top speed of more than 200 mph, driven by an all-new
supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 engine. It has 19-inch front and 20-inch rear
wheels and a suspension tuned to provide extraordinary cornering grip, GM
said.

The car has a carbon-fiber hood, fenders and roof for weight savings, and
its huge carbon-ceramic brake rotors give it great stopping power, the
company said.

The ZR1 will cost around $100,000 and probably will go on sale next summer.
Old December 25th 07, 09:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

SFB spewed:

<< ECP to irrelevent newsgroups removed >>

> Fast cars have only one purpose - to kill other people.

What's the matter, you asswipe? You jealous because you will have to
turn tricks in the bathhouse for well over 100 years to be able to aford
one?

> GM should be burned to the ground for building this
> murder machine.

You really shouldn't talk about your beater like that.

Oh, have you ever drivan a car faster than the posted speed limit? We're
still waiting for an answer.

--
Aunt Judy defends a known *drunk driver*:

"Almost all vehicle 'accidents' are due to driver
recklessness but the Chappaquidick incident is one
instance where it may really have been no ones
fault except the idiot who built the bridge."
--"Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend,"
(currently known as Speeders & Drunk Drivers Are MURDERERS) 11/10/2005
Ref: http://tinyurl.com/9jtjt
Msg ID:
Old December 26th 07, 12:29 AM posted to rec.autos.driving, alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc, alt.true-crime, alt.politics
Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

On Dec 25, 2:53 pm, necromancer
> wrote:
>
> > Fast cars have only one purpose - to kill other people.

> What's the matter, you asswipe? You jealous because you will have to
> turn tricks in the bathhouse for well over 100 years to be able to aford
> one?

Look what's talking. The toe-tapping pervert friend of Larry Craig.
Old December 26th 07, 12:52 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

SFB spewed:

<< ECP to irrelevant newsgroups removed >>

> On Dec 25, 2:53 pm, necromancer
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Fast cars have only one purpose - to kill other people.

> > What's the matter, you asswipe? You jealous because you will have to
> > turn tricks in the bathhouse for well over 100 years to be able to aford
> > one?
> >

> Look what's talking. The toe-tapping pervert friend of Larry Craig.

Is that the best you can come up with? Damn, it must suck to be you.
BTW, you used a, "-" in toe tapping. I guess you missed the Fatwa from
the Imam that I passed aling for him last month about that. I can't
imagine the punishment that Allah will have instore for you.

Old December 26th 07, 02:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 25, 6:52*pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> SFB spewed:
>
> << ECP to irrelevant newsgroups removed >>

> > > What's the matter, you asswipe? You jealous because you will have to
> > > turn tricks in the bathhouse for well over 100 years to be able to aford
> > > one?

> > Look what's talking. *The toe-tapping pervert friend of Larry Craig.

> Is that the best you can come up with? Damn, it must suck to be you.
> BTW, you used a, "-" in toe tapping. I guess you missed the Fatwa from
> the Imam that I passed aling for him last month about that. I can't
> imagine the punishment that Allah will have instore for you.

SFB might as well head to hell...the 72 virgins wouldn't be that much
of a blessing from Allah in SFB's likely POV.
Old December 26th 07, 03:46 AM posted to rec.autos.driving, alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc, alt.true-crime, alt.politics
MLOM

On Dec 25, 1:57*pm, "Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS"
> wrote:
> Fast cars have only one purpose - to kill other people.

Sounds more effective than your beater in which you'd have to settle
for merely maiming people.

> GM should be burned
> to the ground for building this murder machine.

Are you planning to provide hot dogs and marshmallows for that
*festival*?

> Tougher Emissions Regulations Could Bring End to Muscle Cars, Says GM
>
> Thursday, December 20, 2007
>
> Dec. 20: The 2009 Corvette ZR1, the fastest, most powerful automobile ever
> produced by General Motors may be the last in a tradition of muscle cars.

Cool...I can look forward to 2034 and buy one as a classic car.

We're still awaiting a proper answer to the open question regarding
beater speed.

Loco Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend (a.k.a. SADDAM) admits to
being
a deadly speeder, psychopath and criminal coddler:

"> Have you ever driven a car faster than the legal speed limit?
Yes, but never deliberately. In fact i got a speeding ticket about 5
years ago for doing 41 in a 25. I just about kicked the cops teeth
in
cause i was sure he was lying. No way the SL on this wide open
stretch could be 25, i thought."

Pride of America (c.k.a. Laura Bush murdered her boyfriend/
laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE/Speeders And Drunk Drivers
Are Murderers (SADDAM)), 10/3/2002
http://tinyurl.com/5u4wg

Proof that POA is LBMHB/lbVH/SADDAM:
See the following: http://tinyurl.com/ahphj
Old December 26th 07, 04:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
necromancer

MLOM:
> On Dec 25, 6:52*pm, necromancer
> > wrote:
> > SFB spewed:
> >
> > << ECP to irrelevant newsgroups removed >>
> >
> > > On Dec 25, 2:53 pm, necromancer

> > > Look what's talking. *The toe-tapping pervert friend of Larry Craig..

> > Is that the best you can come up with? Damn, it must suck to be you.
> > BTW, you used a, "-" in toe tapping. I guess you missed the Fatwa from
> > the Imam that I passed aling for him last month about that. I can't
> > imagine the punishment that Allah will have instore for you.

> SFB might as well head to hell...the 72 virgins wouldn't be that much
> of a blessing from Allah in SFB's likely POV.

I think that SFB would rather be one of the virgins....

--
"The people who cast the votes don't decide an election,
the people who count the votes do."
Old December 26th 07, 04:20 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
MLOM

On Dec 25, 10:08*pm, necromancer
> wrote:
> *MLOM:
>

> > On Dec 25, 6:52*pm, necromancer
> > > wrote:
> > > SFB spewed:

> > > << ECP to irrelevant newsgroups removed >>

> > > Is that the best you can come up with? Damn, it must suck to be you.
> > > BTW, you used a, "-" in toe tapping. I guess you missed the Fatwa from
> > > the Imam that I passed aling for him last month about that. I can't
> > > imagine the punishment that Allah will have instore for you.

> > SFB might as well head to hell...the 72 virgins wouldn't be that much
> > of a blessing from Allah in SFB's likely POV.

> I think that SFB would rather be one of the virgins....
>
> --
> "The people who cast the votes don't decide an election,
> *the people who count the votes do."
> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * --Joseph Stalin- Hide quoted text -

That might work for Achmed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
Old December 26th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime,alt.politics

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>On Dec 25, 2:53 pm, necromancer
> wrote:
>>
>> > Fast cars have only one purpose - to kill other people.

>> What's the matter, you asswipe? You jealous because you will have to
>> turn tricks in the bathhouse for well over 100 years to be able to aford
>> one?
>>

>Look what's talking. The toe-tapping pervert friend of Larry Craig.

Can't you EVER address the issue, fruitcake? Even just this once,
since it is Christmas after all!

--

Half drunk is a waste of money.
Old December 26th 07, 04:30 AM posted to rec.autos.driving, alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc, alt.true-crime, alt.politics
MLOM

On Dec 25, 10:23*pm, "Murderous Speeding Drunken Distracted Driver
(Hector Goldstein)" > wrote:
> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> >> What's the matter, you asswipe? You jealous because you will have to
> >> turn tricks in the bathhouse for well over 100 years to be able to aford
> >> one?

> >Look what's talking. *The toe-tapping pervert friend of Larry Craig.

> Can't you EVER address the issue, fruitcake? Even just this once,
> since it is Christmas after all!

Give S&DDAM the benefit of the doubt...likely it is difficult to
answer the question with its mouth full of bathhouse companion.

> --
>
> Half drunk is a waste of money.

If not alcohol abuse.