Squeeky tickers

Old May 16th 07, 12:26 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

Default Squeeky tickers

>>> Is this purely a 'cosmetic' thing? The tick still works and it ticks at
>>> the
>>> same time as the squeek and I think my indicators are flashing OK!
>>>

>>I would expect they are

> If it's contact bounce, they might be dimmer or flickery. Knowing how
> difficult it is to replace front indicator lamps and worrying about
> the noisy dc that might be being applied to the bulbs during
> squeaking, I change the relay when the squeak is convincing (rather
> than the occasional false alarm) without spending much time weighing
> up the pros and cons!

Fair enough. Thanks for the advice. At the moment (for the last 12 months)
the squeek is intermittent. I didn't hear it at all for over an hour in the
car yesterday, but over the weekend it was noticable, but not every time. I
wonder if warmer weather would make a difference - this is only a gut
feeling as I haven't bothered to take notes, but I think might be more
squeeky on warm days!

Old May 16th 07, 09:27 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

On Wed, 16 May 2007 12:26:57 +0100, "GT"
> wrote:

>I think might be more squeeky on warm days!

Mine are usually changed in the summer months so you're probably
right!

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email without 'Alfa' in subject are auto-deleted..sorry!)
Old May 16th 07, 09:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_1_]

>>I think might be more squeeky on warm days!
>
> Mine are usually changed in the summer months so you're probably
> right!

Which is actually the opposite of what you might expect if you follow this
through - In winter we have the heater on blowing warm air round the
offending mouse and in summer we have the aircon on, blowing cold, dry air
at it, so perhaps its actually the cold that damages them! Who knows and
frankly, if they cost a tenner and 10 minutes, who cares?!

squeeky steering wheel paul craig BMW 5 April 1st 07 06:19 PM
squeeky front end '65 zman Corvette 6 June 22nd 06 12:21 PM
Squeeky suspension? toller VW water cooled 5 May 9th 05 11:30 AM
squeeky steering stony Honda 0 February 22nd 05 07:11 PM
Squeeky 740 Suspension tech27 BMW 2 January 11th 05 06:51 PM